My friend and I had booked this hotel in a British Airways deal which included flight and car. We arrived one busy Friday evening. Imagine our disappointment when we found they'd lost our 6 night reservation somewhere in their system! However the staff were very helpful and put us in the penthouse for one night ($4,000 dollars a night, RRP), and then transferred us to our double suite the next day, with very little hassle. I must say the front desk staff were excellent throughout our stay.
Valet parking is essential here, and with the exchange rate for the pound being increasingly favourable, we didn't mind paying the $35 daily charge. The car was promptly stored and delivered and we gave the lads a small tip each time, ensuring excellent service.
The restaurant on the ground floor has a full and varied service - we dined here twice when we were too tired to go out. The food was delicious, and the staff were again, very friendly.
The rooms - the penthouse was immaculate and enormous. We were also content with our double suite for the remaining 5 nights. On the fourth floor were glad that our room faced away from the road. Anything you wanted, housekeeping brought up - wine glasses, iron board, help with switching a light on- all very prompt.
The lifts - there are two, but one was not working for most of our stay, which was a little annoying at times because the rooftop bar (8th or was it 9th floor?) is understandably frequented by visitors to the hotel, due to it's idyllic setting and amazing views across Hollywood.
Would I stay here again? Definitely. Good value for it's location, and easy to drive to places from here. Cabs to West Hollywood for dinner in the evening were cheap, and there's a Whole Foods 5 minutes walk away to do some celebrity spotting!
All in all, thank you for a great stay in our first trip to LA.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merging the cool aesthetic of late 1960's design with the manicured elegance of Beverly Hills, Sixty Beverly Hills is an outpost of decadence in the heart of Los Angeles. Designer Dodd Mitchell has outfitted the sleek 107 room hotel with authentic exotic materials and custom made furniture, highlighting guestrooms with unexpected glass and leather accents. The guestroom artwork throughout the rooms and hallways is by world-renowned fashion photographer Steven Klein. The on-site restaurant Caulfield’s features classic renditions, delicate farmers market small plates and homemade desserts, topped off with handcrafted cocktails, artisan wines and craft beers. ABH, the stunning rooftop bar and pool lounge serves as an exclusive escape for guests and members, offering breathtaking views of downtown Los Angeles and the Hollywood Hills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Loews Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, HotelsClick and Jetsetter so you can book your SIXTY Beverly Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thompson Hotel Beverly Hills
- Beverly Hills Thompson Hotel