My friend and I had booked this hotel in a British Airways deal which included flight and car. We arrived one busy Friday evening. Imagine our disappointment when we found they'd lost our 6 night reservation somewhere in their system! However the staff were very helpful and put us in the penthouse for one night ($4,000 dollars a night, RRP), and then transferred us to our double suite the next day, with very little hassle. I must say the front desk staff were excellent throughout our stay.
Valet parking is essential here, and with the exchange rate for the pound being increasingly favourable, we didn't mind paying the $35 daily charge. The car was promptly stored and delivered and we gave the lads a small tip each time, ensuring excellent service.
The restaurant on the ground floor has a full and varied service - we dined here twice when we were too tired to go out. The food was delicious, and the staff were again, very friendly.
The rooms - the penthouse was immaculate and enormous. We were also content with our double suite for the remaining 5 nights. On the fourth floor were glad that our room faced away from the road. Anything you wanted, housekeeping brought up - wine glasses, iron board, help with switching a light on- all very prompt.
The lifts - there are two, but one was not working for most of our stay, which was a little annoying at times because the rooftop bar (8th or was it 9th floor?) is understandably frequented by visitors to the hotel, due to it's idyllic setting and amazing views across Hollywood.
Would I stay here again? Definitely. Good value for it's location, and easy to drive to places from here. Cabs to West Hollywood for dinner in the evening were cheap, and there's a Whole Foods 5 minutes walk away to do some celebrity spotting!
All in all, thank you for a great stay in our first trip to LA.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- California Cool meets East Coast sophistication at this erudite respite located in the glamorous Los Angeles enclave, minutes from Rodeo Drive boutiques and Hollywood power-playgrounds. The International Style-designed SIXTY Beverly Hills is a serene-but-scene-stealing outpost featuring luxurious comforts like bespoke furnishings, artfully designed bedroom suites and a gallery of Hollywood-evocative imagery. A cinematic Above SIXTY Beverly Hills rooftop bar and outdoor poolside lounge provide balmy zephyrs and panoramic views of L.A.'S fabled canyons while the tony-but-fuss-free Caulfield's Bar and Dining Room is the all-hours spot for casual New American cuisine comforts. SIXTY Beverly hills is part of SIXTY Hotels, the new, innovative brand of luxury inns in New York, Los Angeles, with Miami debuting soon-ish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, Otel, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your SIXTY Beverly Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thompson Hotel Beverly Hills
- Beverly Hills Thompson Hotel