Overall I did not like this hotel and would not return but there were a few pros. Great location right off Wilshire, just a few blocks from Rodeo Drive. The staff was friendly and professional. The rooftop bar/patio was amazing with great views.
Unfortunately there was nothing else about this hotel I liked. The décor, wallpaper, mirrors and furniture make you feel like you are on the set of "The Shining". You enter a small mirrored elevator to get to your rooms, when you exit the elevator the mirrors and paint are so overwhelming you can't figure out which way to go to find your room. Once you finally get to your room you open the door and the rooms are small, oddly shaped with long hallways leading to miniature rooms. Most rooms have poor view over a parking lot. There are so many mirrors and bizarre artwork in this little room its impossible to get comfortable. I was here in a large group and many of us discussed how challenging it was sleeping in the weird rooms. The temperature control was very poor and it was difficult to get comfortable. The beds, linens, towels, bathroom fixtures and furniture felt very cheap.
There are plenty of nice hotels in Los Angeles, I would recommend staying at one of them and pass on the Thompson Beverly Hills. Great place to visit for a drink on the roof.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- California Cool meets East Coast sophistication at this erudite respite located in the glamorous Los Angeles enclave, minutes from Rodeo Drive boutiques and Hollywood power-playgrounds. The International Style-designed SIXTY Beverly Hills is a serene-but-scene-stealing outpost featuring luxurious comforts like bespoke furnishings, artfully designed bedroom suites and a gallery of Hollywood-evocative imagery. A cinematic Above SIXTY Beverly Hills rooftop bar and outdoor poolside lounge provide balmy zephyrs and panoramic views of L.A.'S fabled canyons while the tony-but-fuss-free Caulfield's Bar and Dining Room is the all-hours spot for casual New American cuisine comforts. SIXTY Beverly hills is part of SIXTY Hotels, the new, innovative brand of luxury inns in New York, Los Angeles, with Miami debuting soon-ish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your SIXTY Beverly Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thompson Hotel Beverly Hills
- Beverly Hills Thompson Hotel