Overall I did not like this hotel and would not return but there were a few pros. Great location right off Wilshire, just a few blocks from Rodeo Drive. The staff was friendly and professional. The rooftop bar/patio was amazing with great views.
Unfortunately there was nothing else about this hotel I liked. The décor, wallpaper, mirrors and furniture make you feel like you are on the set of "The Shining". You enter a small mirrored elevator to get to your rooms, when you exit the elevator the mirrors and paint are so overwhelming you can't figure out which way to go to find your room. Once you finally get to your room you open the door and the rooms are small, oddly shaped with long hallways leading to miniature rooms. Most rooms have poor view over a parking lot. There are so many mirrors and bizarre artwork in this little room its impossible to get comfortable. I was here in a large group and many of us discussed how challenging it was sleeping in the weird rooms. The temperature control was very poor and it was difficult to get comfortable. The beds, linens, towels, bathroom fixtures and furniture felt very cheap.
There are plenty of nice hotels in Los Angeles, I would recommend staying at one of them and pass on the Thompson Beverly Hills. Great place to visit for a drink on the roof.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merging the cool aesthetic of late 1960's design with the manicured elegance of Beverly Hills, Sixty Beverly Hills is an outpost of decadence in the heart of Los Angeles. Designer Dodd Mitchell has outfitted the sleek 107 room hotel with authentic exotic materials and custom made furniture, highlighting guestrooms with unexpected glass and leather accents. The guestroom artwork throughout the rooms and hallways is by world-renowned fashion photographer Steven Klein. The on-site restaurant Caulfield’s features classic renditions, delicate farmers market small plates and homemade desserts, topped off with handcrafted cocktails, artisan wines and craft beers. ABH, the stunning rooftop bar and pool lounge serves as an exclusive escape for guests and members, offering breathtaking views of downtown Los Angeles and the Hollywood Hills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Loews Hotels, Jetsetter, Hotels.com, Amex, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your SIXTY Beverly Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thompson Hotel Beverly Hills
- Beverly Hills Thompson Hotel