We spent 2 nights in Thompson Hotel and this was the worse experience from our one month US tour.
The first issue was with the valet parking: they are charging a huge amount of money for parking on their premises but their service is extremely bad: the first day when we picked up the car we had to wait around 10 minutes for them to bring us the car and, when they finally brought it, the car was smelling like cigarettes and we also found a cigarette bud on the floor.
The second issue was when, after returning to the room, we realized that the maid has thrown away my night guard which I left on a napkin on the bathroom sink. After complaining to the reception they investigated and concluded that the maids have seen it and they did not throw it out. They also claimed that they checked the trash from our room but couldn't find it. So, the result was that I will need to pay a considerable sum to replace it and they declined all responsibility and suggested that I should go to the police and file a theft report.
Overall, the hotel is far too expensive for what they offer (the rooms are small as well) and their service is really poor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merging the cool aesthetic of late 1960's design with the manicured elegance of Beverly Hills, Sixty Beverly Hills is an outpost of decadence in the heart of Los Angeles. Designer Dodd Mitchell has outfitted the sleek 107 room hotel with authentic exotic materials and custom made furniture, highlighting guestrooms with unexpected glass and leather accents. The guestroom artwork throughout the rooms and hallways is by world-renowned fashion photographer Steven Klein. The on-site restaurant Caulfield’s features classic renditions, delicate farmers market small plates and homemade desserts, topped off with handcrafted cocktails, artisan wines and craft beers. ABH, the stunning rooftop bar and pool lounge serves as an exclusive escape for guests and members, offering breathtaking views of downtown Los Angeles and the Hollywood Hills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Jetsetter, Loews Hotels, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your SIXTY Beverly Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thompson Hotel Beverly Hills
- Beverly Hills Thompson Hotel