“OMG this was amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
“OMG this was amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I arrived at about 3pm and were greeted with very friendly and Edgar to please valet staff who were just amazing. Upon checking in the front desk staff were once again very courteous. We had a standard deluxe king room ($250ish) booked how ever when we were talking to the front desk staff we told them we were on our honeymoon and they upgraded us to the Thompson Suite ($1500-2000/ night) for no additional charge. My wife and I were just astounded when we saw our room. This has made our cross county honeymoon road-trip. I'm still in awe.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SalesBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear 519_ivey,

We are so happy to have been able to make your honeymoon so special and memorable. You must come back next year and celebrate your 1 year anniversary with us.
Thank you for the nice review.

Dene Nui

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Turkish first
Fremont, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Evan (or Ethan?) greeted us at the front desk. We interacted with him several times, and asked special favors of him (like getting a microwave in our room to accomodate my infant son's special food preparations). He was always a delight, personable, always acted like our requests were important, and that he would do everything he could to accomodate us.
They gave us a complimentary doggy bowl and tennis ball for our pup, which was a nice gesture.
The staff was always very nice, especially the housekeeping (according to my wife who was stuck in the hotel room for 3 days with my son and dog while I was working elsewhere).
The extra nice staff and trendy facade are really just layers on top of standard rooms though. Nothing wrong with them, just pretty average. And I was really hoping a dog-friendly hotel would allow dogs in places other than just the hotel room and lobby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Josh4K ,

How glad we are to hear that your family, including pup, had a nice stay with us. I will make sure to pass on the kind words about one of our Managers, Evan. We hope you stay with us again when you return to Beverly Hills.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My friend and I had to spend some time in LA and felt like Beverly Hills would be a good location and stumbled upon the Thompson Hotel. The hotel was great: located right off Wilshire, walking distance to Rodeo drive, there are plenty of great restaurants nearby. The concierge was very helpful and got us everything we needed and so was the staff at the front desk. The rooms were clean, and very modern. My only issue was the lack of lights and plugs. Our favourite part were the daily chocolates on the pillow and the super comfy slippers. The best part of the hotel was the rooftop bar and pool where you can grab a drink and swim on a hot day! I would definitely go back and recommend it to friends!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SalesBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear jdeste,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you have an enjoyable stay and we hope that you make Thompson Beverly Hills your home away from home when visiting Beverly Hills.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I put a lot of faith in Mr and Mrs Smith website when sourcing luxury boutique hotels. On this occasion i have to say, they got it wrong.

The entrance to the hotel gives you the impression you've arrived at a hip and trendy hotel however the rooms themselves are very average and seem more like any stock standard chain hotel. Added to that is their somewhat dated appearance. All in all pretty disappointing.

There was no wow factor. The exception being the photographic artwork in the hall and mirrors on the ceiling over the bed (which is actually so as tacky as it sounds).

The rooftop pool is a big draw card, giving fabulous views over LA. This of course is assuming you manage to snag one of the banana lounges. For a hotel that was practically empty (confirmed by staff who suggest that it does not normally attract tourists as much as industry types or conventions - of which there were none during our stay) I find it incredulous that the pool area was crowded all day every day. It seems you have to compete with hotel members as well as other guests, none of whom are out sightseeing.

For a hotel of this price I am stunned that wifi is not complimentary. Even the Coral Sands at $68 per night can manage it. It appears the 90212 address amounts to an open cheque book. A helpful suggestion to the hotel is : Free wifi in hotels is a basic human right (or should be).

As for the location, it does provide a central spot from which to explore Santa Monica, Hollywood, Silverlake and downtown LA. Wilshire Boulevard however is not exactly a mecca of shopping , restaurants or nightlife. There is nothing worth seeing or doing that can be reached on foot in this area.

Apart from that, the hotel staff were helpful, rooms were clean and bed very comfortable. Breakfast in the hotel is better than average.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor on the east side of the building and you'll catch a glimpse of the Hollywood...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Hotel = Hospitality, but you won't find that here.

From the moment I checked in until the moment I checked out, which wasnt long after. I was treated rudely and given nothing but attitude. I waited and waited and after nearly 2hrs of waiting for my room, excited to finally be checking in! I open the door only to find a sloppy cleaning job, hair on a pillow case and dirty towels in the bathroom. I called down to inform the front desk agent who seemed to not really care, there was no apology. I asked to move rooms and was pretty much told no, there was no "let me see what i can do" sense about it. I was told that a room attendant would be coming up promptly with new sets of sheets, towels, etc. Nearly 45min later there's a knock on the door and an annoyed housekeeper. Who simply handed me the sheets and towels as to do it myself, which I did, still no apology or sense of embarrassment. I called back down and asked to speak with the manager and was put on hold only to have to call back again and get the voicemail, left a message in hopes to get a follow up call. Needless to say that never happened. Even management here is a joke. I don't understand how the GM would not be aware of how their property is being ran and the kind of service they're providing. There's no sense of going out of the way or above and beyond for the guest.
It's quite obivious that this hotel is being run poorly, the staff is definitely a reflection of management and for that I can't fault them entirely. I don't understand how this hotel is still running furthermore can't imagine how long this kind of service guest have been given and shown. I would never EVER recommend this hotel to anyone. Yes, the location is convenient but in all HONESTY that's all thats good about it. Its not worth staying and paying the high rates for the service that is poorly provided if that even, this hotel is a complete false advertisement for hospitality they just take your money .... Don't fall for it!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

The Thompson has both positives and negatives..
Positives- The location is great. Everything is accessible and in easy walking distance from restaurants, transpiration, shopping. The hotel itself has a trendy design and the roof top pool adds that extra element of style..HOWEVER- the negatives outweigh the positives by far for this hotel.
Negatives- At the end of the day, any place is only as good as the people who run it. The hotel itself is not to blame for the disfunction and disorganization it portrays. For example- being told (after waiting for close to one hour by the pool to order a drink), that I must go back inside the hotel, pick up the telephone and order myself-Ohh and they will then charge an extra 20% room service fee to bring it to me was ridiculous! There were at least 20 other people by the pool who were told the same thing. Some got up and lined up to make that phone call to the restaurant. Not very professional. Where here does the customer feel as a valued guest?
Room service always missed out on replacing something and out of the one week of my stay, the roof top pool was closed for private functions twice and due to overcast weather twice. It generally felt as staff did not care whatsoever.
The only light for this hotel was the concierge who was genuine and helpful with all requests..
The other was PETER at front dest who from the moment I stepped into the hotel went out of his way to make sure my stay was as perfect as possible. He is a true asset to the Thompson and without him, the hotel would fall apart. THANK YOU Peter for your dedication and hospitality.. If more staff were with the same attitude as Peter, the hotel could be phenomenal!..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

After arriving at the Thompson Beverly hills hotel i checked into my room and checked out 10 minutes later. The hotel lobby is very small and dark also the staff are not overly helpful. The room itself was one of the smallest i have ever seen but worse than the size was the cleanliness of the room. The bathroom was dirty with a stained bath and shower curtain.After seeing the dirty bathroom conditions i walked back downstairs and canceled the stay.
This hotel is is worth half the amount of the nearly $400 a night stay.
very unimpressed

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to SIXTY Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!