“Trendy hotel at reasonable prices” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9360 Wilshire Boulevard, Beverly Hills, CA 90212   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
New York City, New York
“Trendy hotel at reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Recently stayed at the Thompson for a weekday night, and overall, had a pleasant experience. Location is great near the center of Beverly Hills. The hotel is pretty trendy, with dark, edgy decor. The highlight is definitely the rooftop bar and pool which offer amazing views of LA. There is also a fairly decent gym. All staff were friendly and helpful (they offered to upgrade us to a bigger room given availability). The rooms are a bit dark and cramped and could use some updating; however, for the price (less than $200) it is acceptable.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor - at least 6th
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SalesBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Bucky6478,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and were able to take advantage of our wonderful rooftop pool and bar. Please visit us again when returning to Beverly Hills!

Kind ragrds,

Dene Nui

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Turkish first
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Booked a reservation over the phone as I needed a room for my family that was coming into town to visit my wife and I. We live just around the corner and figured this place would be perfect. I called up to book a reservation and had the pleasure to speak with Peter. He answered all my questions and made booking with this hotel a breeze. When my family arrived I felt compelled to come in and introduce myself face to face with Peter and sure enough he was there! My family loved this place and made sure to let me know when they come back they want to stay here again. It was affordable, the location is unbeatable, and you can't beat the service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear K721,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and will certainly pass on your kind words to the amazing Peter. We look forward to welcoming your family on their next visit, and hopefully seeing you this summer at our ABH rooftop bar.

California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed at the hotel about two weeks ago when I had an appointment at the VA with my parents who were visiting from out of the area. The staff was very eager to please which was nice but the hotel I must admit left a little to be desired for the cost. A quick reminder that valet parking is an additional $35 a day when staying at the hotel with unlimited in and out privileges during a 24 hour period (not uncommon for the area and makes entering and exiting much more convenient than finding a parking space elsewhere and walking and this is charged directly to your room). When I walked into the hotel (at night) it seemed like the lighting was very dim (which is the effect I assume they are going for as this is the theme throughout the hotels including the rooms). The bench seat I sat on in the foyer almost toppled over because I didn't sit all the way back on it (it wasn't properly secured and was placed a little off from it's base for design purposes). When we went up the elevator and came to our floor the floor was pretty dimly lit and seemed like they were going for an edgy modern look (a little floor lighting and accent lighting). When we entered the room we had to turn on all the available lights because the overhead lighting was basically non existing (again I am assuming for design asthetic). The lighting made it very difficult to see to put on makeup or properly see colors in the mirror when trying on clothes. The rooms were small but adequate. The only ammenities the rooms really had were a television, a robe in the closet and a hair dryer in the bathroom (no coffee maker, minifridge etc although those might be available in rooms larger than the one I stayed in). The beds were very low to the ground and less than comfortable. The pillows also left something to be desired. There was not much color to the room with the exception of a picture on the wall of a girl in a masquerade mask and fake tattoo sleeves lounging on a chaise (yes, it struck me as odd too). There were two hairs I found in the bathroom tub when I went to further inspect some reddish colored streaks in the tub at the front and back of the tub (I assume it was from mineral deposits and age of the tub upon noticing a bad patch job near the drain of the tub) but they did emboss the toilet paper roll with the emblem of the hotel to let you know that someone had cleaned. Despite it's drawbacks the food at Caulfield's (the restaraunt in the hotel) was amazing! I had the lamb hamburger and fries and a black market anglo american brown ale (I raved about the meal so much to my husband that he said he is going to have to take me back sometime). The location is also great within walking distance to all the great shops in Beverly Hills (only about block away from Rodeo drive). Even though the service was exceptional I'm not sure I would stay at this particular hotel again because I didn't rest as well as I would have liked in the beds (and admittedly the bathroom grossed me out a little after finding the hairs) but I will probably eat at Caulfield's again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear SWCali,

Thank you for taking the time for your detailed review. We are disappointed to hear of the housekeeping issues during your stay and will address these issues immediately.You are correct, we are a very design driven hotel, however we have received guest reviews commenting on the dim lighting so we are currently taking action to improve the lighting in the hotel. Caulfield's is a fantastic restaurant and we are thrilled that you had the opportunity to enjoy their Lamb Burger. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is my third or fourth stay at the TBH and I have always enjoyed it. This time was better than the rest. The entire property has been freshened, lobby redone, resaurant redone and the rooms have been nicely refreshed! The rooftop pool is as clean and beautiful as ever, they have added new tables and chairs and now have a super nice and professional "pool ambassador" who is tending to the various needs and requests of guests. The most obvious upgrade seems to be the service, every night there was turn down service, which included chocolates and a full bucket of ice every night along with a nice pair of slipper sandles to wear around hotel. Hats off to "Dene Nui" the hotel manager and her staff for creating a "better than ever" experience at my already favorite and only choice when staying at the TBH. I'm treated so well in fact, I will always choose a Thompson property wherever one is available.
Very sincerely,
JohnE. Mornini
Lyon

Room Tip: Premimum king rooms facing north have an extra window facing the hills are the best, they are the 11...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Elberta, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The Thompson is an excellent hotel in the Beverly Hills area close to Rodeo Drive
I am a travel professional in the corporate travel industry and my experience at the Thompson was exceptional
From the moment I arrived after a long trip I felt welcomed and relaxed and comfortable and if there was anything I needed the staff was very exceptional and accomidating.

I really liked the decor and atmosphere and the restaurant had superb delicious food and breakfast too. everthing was perfect !! the rooms are classy and very nice !!
I will keep recommending this hotel to my clients as I want them to experience the same top notch service I did during my stay.

I really want to go back soon
the rooftop pool is and lounge is exceptional I didnt really want to leave the hotel

thank you to everyone at the Thompson for the amazing experience cant wait to come back !!

if anyone is in the LaX area be sure to stay here !!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lauralynn V,

I appreciate your detailed review of our service, hotel, bar and restaurant. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and wish to welcome you back soon!

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed here for a 2 night weekend stay, we are local in LA but got a great deal over Memorial day weekend. This hotel is a hidden gem, the rooftop bar is amazing, those views are just incredible - best kept secret in the city for sure! together with the pool deck, it's the ultimate LA hangout. service on the roof is friendly, and delicious cocktail. the strawberry smash is the best.
We stayed in a king deluxe room on the 7th floor with views of downtown LA. bed is comfy, bathroom not the biggest but sufficient. This hotel is all about design, uber chic yet sexy. loved the black wood floors in the room.
The restaurant off the lobby was a nice spot for brunch, food was tasty and the atmosphere laid back in a bistro environment. This hotel is walking distance to everything in BH, from Rodeo Drive to Beverly and restaurant on Canon - couldn't be better, Mastro's is Amazing!!
Would definitely come back here and recommend to any friends coming in from out of town. awesome value for money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Location great,foyer looks promising, elevator is cool.then disappointment sets in . The hotel is confused to what its identity is and its design is a mish mash - part Vegas, part cool.. but no class or sophistication at all. Seems staff are out of their league..or maybe hotel is. Feels like it was a left over Vegas hotel that didnt make the grade. Roof deck pool.. wanna be a sardine..squashed amongst obnoxious drunk girls..then you will love it. Want white wine in room ? They dont realize it should be chilled and come in an ice bucket ! Curtain rail was falling off wall in room..not even an apology from staff..this is obviously normal for them. Rooms have no warmth or charm and are SMALL..bathrooms are TINY. We are NOT in Tokyo..no excuse! Sloppy hotel,down market in feel,dated in appearance - never again!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel !!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SalesBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Mark225,

I'm sad to hear your time here was not an enjoyable one, but of course invite you back, even if it's to enjoy the beautiful view from the rooftop, to show you what Thompson really does have to offer.

Dene Nui, General Manager

Been to SIXTY Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!