“oh no!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Los Angeles, California
“oh no!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Location great,foyer looks promising, elevator is cool.then disappointment sets in . The hotel is confused to what its identity is and its design is a mish mash - part Vegas, part cool.. but no class or sophistication at all. Seems staff are out of their league..or maybe hotel is. Feels like it was a left over Vegas hotel that didnt make the grade. Roof deck pool.. wanna be a sardine..squashed amongst obnoxious drunk girls..then you will love it. Want white wine in room ? They dont realize it should be chilled and come in an ice bucket ! Curtain rail was falling off wall in room..not even an apology from staff..this is obviously normal for them. Rooms have no warmth or charm and are SMALL..bathrooms are TINY. We are NOT in Tokyo..no excuse! Sloppy hotel,down market in feel,dated in appearance - never again!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel !!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SalesBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Mark225,

I'm sad to hear your time here was not an enjoyable one, but of course invite you back, even if it's to enjoy the beautiful view from the rooftop, to show you what Thompson really does have to offer.

Dene Nui, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Turkish first
amsterdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Beverley Hills obviously is a magic name, but The Thompson was disappointing to us. The good thing is that it is situated conveniently close to the airport, a 20 minutes drive. Wilshire Blvd. turns out to be a rather non-descript address, far from everything. The hotel has a modern and artistic feeling when you enter the lobby which is nice, but the rooms turn out to be rather small with a view on pretty much nothing, a parking deck. When it comes to value for money we felt the hotel is definitively too expensive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear orangeAmsterdam,

Thank you for your comments. I hope you were able to at least enjoy the rooftop bar, which certainly has a pleasant view, and stroll to Rodeo Drive, located just blocks from the property.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I generally don't write reviews, but this hotel deserves it. Centrally located, it is a trendy boutique hotel in the heart of Beverly Hills. Rooms are spotless and the bathrooms are beautiful. I Love the rooftop lounge/bar. Really relaxing. To top it all off, the staff is superb. Peter is AWESOME!!!
Anything I needed was no bother at all. He is extremely patient and helpful in every way.
I will definitely be back!!!

Dear malena2818,

I will be sure to tell Peter the kind words you have written about him. We do hope to see you again in Beverly Hills, and be sure to visit or tell friends about our other Thompson properties in New York.

Regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have stayed at the Beverley Hills and the Wilshire before, but always found them a bit stuffy and, dare I say, not really cool places for young people to stay. So when I arrived at the Thompson, I was pleasantly surprised. The staff are very friendly, especially the girls at the pool. The pool itself is a great place to hang out both for the sunshine during the day and for a few cocktails at night.
I loved the food - I was originally upset that breakfast wasn't included in the price, but when I tried the American breakfast, it was worth every penny. Also, check out the burger from the pool menu.
The location was good and if I wanted to find thing that could be improved, it would be the patchy WiFi reception and the lack of a business centre, which made me having to work from the reception laptop. Also, sound insulation in the rooms could have been better.
Overall, will definitely like to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
SalesBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear SashaMary,

We try to appeal to many age ranges, and seems like we hit the nail on the head with what you were expecting! I'm glad you had a pleasant time and hope to have you back next time you're in the US.

Dene Nui, General Manager
Marlboro, New Jersey, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed here a few times on business and it never gets old. Perfect location in the heart of Bev Hills. Boutique hotel with great service and a killer rooftop pool & bar with great views at night. Room is not the biggest you can get but chic, clean and very nice bathroom as well. Breakfast very good at the restaurant on the first floor. I love the location because I can walk to Rodeo Drive and restuarants on N. Canon Drive such as Spago and Mastro's. And... my room cost under $ 300

Dear BIGMIKE275,

I'm glad to hear the cost was under your budget, but even more pleased that your stay was a memorable one. When you're on the West coast again, please come back to visit us.

Warsaw
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel to get rid of a jet lag before further trip. This was truly relaxing experience, great rooftop pool (small) and leisure area, amazing view, good drinks and food. The only drawback of the roof is loud vent that increases noise level. But apart from it this is the best one in LA :)

Rooms are very stylish, and Sonia whole hotel (elevators are my favorites). Also the restaurant served tasty breakfast.

Location is also a great advantage, walking distance to good restaurants for dinner.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Mike D,

It sounds like you have a busy travel schedule, so I appreciate the time you took to write to us. We wish you safe travels on your next journey, and thank you for choosing Thompson.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I travel to LA a lot and I am always looking for a hotel that meets my standards. I think I just found the one solely based on a particular front desk agent named Peter. From the moment I walked into the front door I was greeted with a warm smile. I checked in late and had many requests. Peter was very attentive to all my needs and not one request went unfinished. I stayed there three nights and I have never seen a young man always have a smile on his face each and every time I walked past the front desk.

The hotel itself was completely different feel from what I have been used to... it is a fashionably modern boutique hotel. The rooms are quite small which is not a big deal for me as I travel alone but I can see how this may pose an issue to some. The only negative thing I could say about this place is perhaps a little more light in the room would have been nice.

I will definitely keep this hotel in mind each and every time I travel to LA.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tom B,

We are so glad to hear you'll think of us for your next stay. Please let the Front Desk or Sales team know when you're planning your next trip; we would be happy to assist in the booking.

Dene Nui

Been to SIXTY Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!