“A boutique hotel 2 blocks from Rodeo Drive” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9360 Wilshire Boulevard, Beverly Hills, CA 90212   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 14 hotels in Beverly Hills
Widen, Switzerland
“A boutique hotel 2 blocks from Rodeo Drive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

It was just another day at the Thompson Beverly Hills today. You know, guests checking in, guests checking out, Victoria's Secret Angels modeling swimwear up at the rooftop pool. There are lots of PR and photo shot session happening in this Beverly boutique hotel around the clock during our stay.

Great staffs and all very polite, we had delightful experience engaging conversations with staffs around the hotel.

Situated in Beverly Hills, this hotel is close to Paley Center for Media, Museum of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, and Museum of Tolerance. Also nearby are 20th Century Fox Studio.
In addition to a restaurant, Thompson Beverly Hills features an outdoor pool. Other amenities include a poolside bar and a bar/lounge. Great hospitality and the roof top pool is to die for - Rooftop pool offers stunning panoramic views.. Bar tender and waitresses are funny and friendly, no wonder so many party took place on the rooftop bar.

Flat-panel televisions come with cable channels. Guestrooms also feature refrigerators, DVD players, and air conditioning.

For a short stay, this is the place!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SalesBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Suzycute 1212,

It definitely sounds like you were emersed in the typical Los Angeles vibe during your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed your time here and would love to welcome you back one day.

436 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Turkish first
Santa Barbara, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We spent a couple of weekend nights at the Thompson in Beverly Hills recently and found it to be pretty much to our expectations based on their website and the reviews on Trip Advisor. It is a decent hotel in an area close to shopping and lots of restaurants as others have noted. We had a room near the elevator on the 6th floor and did not notice too much noise from the hall or adjacent rooms. The rooms are small, but comfortably furnished making good use of the space.

There are only a couple of things that I would mention regarding the Thompson. First of all the WiFi is provided by a third party and is expensive although it did work well. It was included in a special package price that we got through Travelzoo or we would not have utilized it due to the unreasonable fee. Parking is also expensive as is the norm in this section of town, but we did not have a car so this wasn’t a consideration. Also another annoying thing is that there is no access to an ice machine for the guests. You have to call room service and they will deliver ice rather promptly, but this is an inconvenience and of course requires an obligatory tip to the delivery person.

I am not familiar with other accommodations in the area, but from checking prices I found that the rate at the Thompson usually seems to be among the lowest and the accommodations are probably as good as or better than other options. We would stay there again and recommend it for your consideration if you want to stay in that area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SalesBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear Goleta,

Thank you for providing us with some valuable feedback about our property. It sounds as though your stay was enjoyale and we do hope you return to Los Angeles to visit us again soon.

Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I chose this Hotel to meet with my wife after my 2 weeks photography trip in Utah and California.
We stayed 3 days.
Pros.: 1. Staff very professional. 2. Rooftop is amazing place to spend nights. 3. Location is great to walk to many Beverly Hills shops, restaurants. 3. Rooms and Common areas are very nicely modernly decorated. 4. Restaurant and Bar is very vibrant, and wanted to mention the barman, he can make custom cocktails...and does them very nice.
Cons.: 1. Valet Parking very expansive, $35 per day. 2. Internet $15-25 per day. 3. Pillows are very soft, and there are no harder options.4. No coffee machine in the room.

Room Tip: Higher floors for LA amazing view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear dralanir,

Thank you for your feedback on our property. It sounds like your photography trip to the West coast was a success, and I'm glad we could be a part of it. We hope to have you back here in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

We stay in the area often and we will definitely go back to the Thompson! All of the staff from valet to the servers went out of there way for us. The views are amazing. Only downside was parking is expensive and not very many bars or restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear JoenMel,

I am delighted to hear that some day we may have the pleasure to welcome you back to Thompson Beverly Hills. Hopefully next time, we can provide you with a more comprehensive list of bars and restaurants to enjoy in the area.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We were in LA for a wedding, traveling with our baby, and planned to stay with friends but their baby was ill so we had to make a last minute reservation and decided to try the Thompson. Making the reservation couldn't have been easier! The service was really friendly and professional. It was kid friendly which is a must for us. It can be hard to find that balance of cool/unique hotel that doesn't turn it's nose up at you because you have a kid. We were so exhausted once we arrived and the staff were really efficient and got us to our room and settled very quickly. The room was very small (coming from NY we weren't surprised by that) but it was clean and the design and lighting were lovely so it felt very warm and comfortable. They had a pack and play set up for the baby which was very helpful and we had a great stay.

The only negatives for us were the cost of parking which we felt was crazy steep but might just be the norm for LA hotels and there was no bathtub so I had to bathe baby in the shower.
Other than that I can't say enough nice things about this hotel, very reasonably priced and the staff and room were great!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear LindseyT,

Providing excellent service is of utmost importance, and I'm thrilled to hear you and your family had a pleasant stay. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

This is the worst hotel in all of West Los Angeles and Beverly Hills with the most incompetent and rude staff particularly the manager Rebecca. Upon check in they couldn't find my reservation until 30 minutes later after. Finally I got to the room the room was a mess hadn't been cleaned properly prior to me entering. The bathroom sink was filthy there was hair and what appeared to be pet dander on the floor by the bed. It was so disgusting that I went back downstairs with my luggage and told him that I wanted to change my room they told me there weren't any rooms left I told him that I'm leaving and they actually told me that there's 24 hour cancellation policy would make me pay for the room whether I left or not. So I was forced to stay there for one night I asked them to change the pillows from down to synthetic they said they would, they never did. Do yourself a huge favor and stay somewhere else. Incredibly rude staff whether it be a front desk employee or valet everybody walks around with a sense of entitlement NOT A GOOD HOTEL.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

About a month ago my husband and I stayed at The Thompson Hotel in Beverly Hills for the first time and we were pleasantly surprised. This beautiful hotel is in the heart of Beverly Hills which we couldn't have been more excited about. The staff was extremely friendly and treated us like royalty. They helped my husband and I to our room and gave us an overview of the hotel. We were told we should visit the rooftop pool and when we finally arrived we were amazed. The view was to die for. We enjoyed a cocktail at the bar and lounged by the pool.. very relaxing :) Later we ate at the restaurant downstairs for dinner and the food was delicious. The next day we weren't exactly sure what we wanted to do so we asked the concierge for advise. He gave us lots of great ideas and when we finally decided we wanted to visit the Getty, he gave us directions and called us a cab which arrived in only 5 minutes!!! The staff here really made us feel welcome and was able to help us with anything we needed. Overall, my husband and I would definitely give this hotel 5 stars. It was exactly what we were hoping for and we will definitely be coming back!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear kcg89,

I am very pleased to hear everything about your stay seemed so positive. From the staff to the food, we aim to exceed expectations, and it sounds like we provided what you should always deserve. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Dene Nui

Been to SIXTY Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!