“YES!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SIXTY Beverly Hills

You added SIXTY Beverly Hills to your Saves list
SIXTY Beverly Hills
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9360 Wilshire Boulevard, Beverly Hills, CA 90212 (Beverly Hills)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
New York City, New York
“YES!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We were in LA for a wedding, traveling with our baby, and planned to stay with friends but their baby was ill so we had to make a last minute reservation and decided to try the Thompson. Making the reservation couldn't have been easier! The service was really friendly and professional. It was kid friendly which is a must for us. It can be hard to find that balance of cool/unique hotel that doesn't turn it's nose up at you because you have a kid. We were so exhausted once we arrived and the staff were really efficient and got us to our room and settled very quickly. The room was very small (coming from NY we weren't surprised by that) but it was clean and the design and lighting were lovely so it felt very warm and comfortable. They had a pack and play set up for the baby which was very helpful and we had a great stay.

The only negatives for us were the cost of parking which we felt was crazy steep but might just be the norm for LA hotels and there was no bathtub so I had to bathe baby in the shower.
Other than that I can't say enough nice things about this hotel, very reasonably priced and the staff and room were great!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
SalesBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear LindseyT,

Providing excellent service is of utmost importance, and I'm thrilled to hear you and your family had a pleasant stay. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Dene Nui

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

This is the worst hotel in all of West Los Angeles and Beverly Hills with the most incompetent and rude staff particularly the manager Rebecca. Upon check in they couldn't find my reservation until 30 minutes later after. Finally I got to the room the room was a mess hadn't been cleaned properly prior to me entering. The bathroom sink was filthy there was hair and what appeared to be pet dander on the floor by the bed. It was so disgusting that I went back downstairs with my luggage and told him that I wanted to change my room they told me there weren't any rooms left I told him that I'm leaving and they actually told me that there's 24 hour cancellation policy would make me pay for the room whether I left or not. So I was forced to stay there for one night I asked them to change the pillows from down to synthetic they said they would, they never did. Do yourself a huge favor and stay somewhere else. Incredibly rude staff whether it be a front desk employee or valet everybody walks around with a sense of entitlement NOT A GOOD HOTEL.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

About a month ago my husband and I stayed at The Thompson Hotel in Beverly Hills for the first time and we were pleasantly surprised. This beautiful hotel is in the heart of Beverly Hills which we couldn't have been more excited about. The staff was extremely friendly and treated us like royalty. They helped my husband and I to our room and gave us an overview of the hotel. We were told we should visit the rooftop pool and when we finally arrived we were amazed. The view was to die for. We enjoyed a cocktail at the bar and lounged by the pool.. very relaxing :) Later we ate at the restaurant downstairs for dinner and the food was delicious. The next day we weren't exactly sure what we wanted to do so we asked the concierge for advise. He gave us lots of great ideas and when we finally decided we wanted to visit the Getty, he gave us directions and called us a cab which arrived in only 5 minutes!!! The staff here really made us feel welcome and was able to help us with anything we needed. Overall, my husband and I would definitely give this hotel 5 stars. It was exactly what we were hoping for and we will definitely be coming back!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear kcg89,

I am very pleased to hear everything about your stay seemed so positive. From the staff to the food, we aim to exceed expectations, and it sounds like we provided what you should always deserve. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Dene Nui
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My company has had a number of meetings at this hotel with our out-of-town employees staying overnight. The Thompson Beverly Hills is a lovely boutique hotel with the same amenities that larger hotels offer. In addition, its location is not far for shopping, the theatre, or downtown Los Angeles. The staff at the Thompson are quite personable and will make sure your every need is taken care of to your satisfaction.

M. Chauvin

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
SalesBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Mae C,
I'm so glad to hear our hotel fit your needs. You will be happy to know we're in the middle of completely revamping our meeting space to make it an even more functional area for conferences. We would love to have you back here in the future.
Dene Nui, General Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed at this Hotel in April 2012 and gave 4 'Star' rating, this time, I'm changing to 5 'star.' The service at this place is wonderful -hands down. I traveled this time with my 63 year old mother who doesn't quite 'get' the "LA Lifestyle"..Our first night, the guests next door to us came in around 3am and were just getting the party started. We could hear EVERY word they were saying as I sang along to the Eminem they had playing on the Ipod. Anyhoo-For my mothers sake, I called the front desk to suggest they call these guests to tone it down a bit..WITHIN 2 min, the Bellman was at our door with a cart to move us to an upgraded room on the top floor. We never even suggested this-they just DID it. This Hotel not only has my business but My Mothers and all of the people we will refer there for their Beverly Hills trips. World Class and Hats off to the staff!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Deal AltRealtor,
LA can be a daunting experience for some, so I am very glad to hear our hotel and staff could make you and your mother feel comfortable during the stay. We would love to have you back in the future.
Dene Nui, General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights in the Thompson. The location in Beverly Hills is great, just a few minutes away from Rodeo Drive. Wonderful roof terrace bar and pool overlooking LA. Rooms were nice, but we had problems with the air condition and they couldnt fix it so we had to make them turn it off. Same problem in the room of our kids. 35$ valet parking per day, 15$ internet charge per day per room. Tip: use the free internet on roof terrace. Overall wie had a great time and if you stay in Beverly Hills you have to know its gonna be expensive. Tip for breakfast: Walk left from hotel and turn left into Beverly Drive. 2 blocks down on the left you will find a great Café just next to starbucks. 5min walk from hotel.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Berlo1965,
Thank you for your feedback on your stay here at Thompson Beverly Hills. I'm glad you got to discover the area and enjoy our rooftop. Hopefully next time we will exceed your expectations even more so.
Dene Nui,
KL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed at TBH for 2 nights. This is probably the nicest hotel I came across during by US trip. I think this is among the more affordable decent hotels in one of LA's nicest neighborhoods. Location is pretty good - near Hollywood, Koreatown, Rodeo Drive, but away from Santa Monica.

Hotel itself is not big, around 9 floors. Rooftop is a bar (which I didn't go to), but the bottom next 7 floors have very chic hallways - glossy black walls. The room, though feels a bit small, is also equally chic in decor - modern and minimalist in my words. Again, no toothpaste and toothbrush, but the amenities like soap and shampoo was of good quality. Wifi costs US$15/day.

Definitely will consider this hotel if I visit LA the next time.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear YTee C,
Thank you for such positive feedback on our property. Next time, you will have to visit the rooftop. The views are beautiful.
Dene Nui,

Been to SIXTY Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!