“Nice Hotel in Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SIXTY Beverly Hills

You added SIXTY Beverly Hills to your Saves list
SIXTY Beverly Hills
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9360 Wilshire Boulevard, Beverly Hills, CA 90212 (Beverly Hills)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
“Nice Hotel in Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights in the Thompson. The location in Beverly Hills is great, just a few minutes away from Rodeo Drive. Wonderful roof terrace bar and pool overlooking LA. Rooms were nice, but we had problems with the air condition and they couldnt fix it so we had to make them turn it off. Same problem in the room of our kids. 35$ valet parking per day, 15$ internet charge per day per room. Tip: use the free internet on roof terrace. Overall wie had a great time and if you stay in Beverly Hills you have to know its gonna be expensive. Tip for breakfast: Walk left from hotel and turn left into Beverly Drive. 2 blocks down on the left you will find a great Café just next to starbucks. 5min walk from hotel.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Berlo1965
SalesBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Berlo1965,
Thank you for your feedback on your stay here at Thompson Beverly Hills. I'm glad you got to discover the area and enjoy our rooftop. Hopefully next time we will exceed your expectations even more so.

KL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed at TBH for 2 nights. This is probably the nicest hotel I came across during by US trip. I think this is among the more affordable decent hotels in one of LA's nicest neighborhoods. Location is pretty good - near Hollywood, Koreatown, Rodeo Drive, but away from Santa Monica.

Hotel itself is not big, around 9 floors. Rooftop is a bar (which I didn't go to), but the bottom next 7 floors have very chic hallways - glossy black walls. The room, though feels a bit small, is also equally chic in decor - modern and minimalist in my words. Again, no toothpaste and toothbrush, but the amenities like soap and shampoo was of good quality. Wifi costs US$15/day.

Definitely will consider this hotel if I visit LA the next time.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear YTee C,
Thank you for such positive feedback on our property. Next time, you will have to visit the rooftop. The views are beautiful.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed at the Thompson in BH last weekend. Moderately priced (compared to other BH hotels) with a good location because you're away from the insanity of WH but close enough to go out and have a good time. Service was very good, staff very friendly and everyone was on the ball. Valet parking for 35.00 per night which is pretty much the norm. Chic, minimalist hotel- reminds me of the boutique hotels at home in NY. Nice rooftop bar, however, the gym left a lot to be desired. If you're looking for a bright, cheery place- this isn't it- all dark wood, dimly lit hallways, bathroom, etc. Would definitely recommend if you're looking for a good, less expensive place to stay in Beverly Hills.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Arda I,
We pride ourselves on top service here at Thompson Beverly Hills, and I'm happy to hear the staff met your expectations. We hope to have you back here soon.
Widen, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We arrived way early in the morning after an overnight flight to LAX. We figured we'd ask anyway for early check in, and sure enough, there was a room ready, although it was only 9:00am; what a pleasant surprise. The location of the hotel right on Wilshire Blvd is excellent. Valet parking is available at $35 per day, and this service is worth every penny; you basically drive into the covered parking area right next to the lobby, give one of the attendants your keys and voila, they do the rest for you. The fee includes as many retrievals per day as you wish. We had booked a standard double room, which turned out to be nice, nothing thrilling, but adequate and up to standards. One very nice feature of the hotel is the rooftop bar and grill, which sports upbeat staff and a sizeable swimming pool. One can spend a whole evening up there, enjoying the excellent 360 degrees surround views, food and excellent drinks. If I had to mention anything needing improvement, it would be the water pressure, which is kind of low in the bathroom, but this is certainly not a showstopper.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mike D,
It sounds like you had a very pleasant stay with us. We hope to welcome you back next time you visit the US.
Dene Nui,General Manager
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is what a hotel should be !!! I stayed here a few months ago for a week or so, and just did a
repeat last week. The place itself is just perfect. Great location, atmosphere, rooms, and a staff with a very up and friendly attitude. Sara and Rebecca at the front were wonderful, as well as Scott and Adam at the concierge desk. They all made things work the right way and made you feel it was their pleasure to do so. I have a lot of friends who stay at the the more famous name hotels, but you couldn't get me to switch. WITH A WINNING RECIPE ------- WHY CHANGE ?
Robert M. ( Palm Beach, Florida )

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Robert M,
Thank you for your very positive feedback and I appreciate your kind words about my staff. It sounds like we may have the pleasure in having you back here one day.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I travel so often for business and sometimes get to bring my boyfriend with me. I was so sick of staying at the same cookie cutter places, so I tried something different - The Thompson. It was exactly what I wanted - clean room, smiley and adorable staff, expensive/chic/subtle design (in fact to those who called it IKEA I think you need to revisit an IKEA or read some design books heehee), a gym with really up to date equipment, decent room service (this could have been better but was overall good and the blondie room service man was very friendly), and perhaps the best rooftop I have seen in a while. I cannot believe it took me so long to realize that I can go on a biz trip with the BF and also could feel cool and enjoy my (little) off time. Anyway, in LA it is tough to find a chic place without it being stuffy and I was pleasantly surprised and will most definitely return.

Room Tip: Facing Wilshire Street gives a lot of light in the room and is not noisy (but I was on high floor...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear GlendonK,
Your feedback is much appreciated and it sounds like Thompson Beverly Hills was exactly what you were looking for. We hope to welcome you back to the west coast again soon.
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Spent 4 days at this Hotel, and all was well until the creepy stalker in the hallway! He knocked on my door repeatedly and called my room over and over again saying rude and inappropriate things. Front desk staff assured me they found the man on my floor with cell phone in hand, and had given him a stern talking to.
REALLY!? They informed me he was a guest of the hotel and was staying on the same floor. They did not remove him and refused to provide me with a description. How safe is that?! According to a front desk staff member he checked out himself the next day. For that reason alone, I would probably never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dear s0ccer17,
I sincerely apologize that you ran into a problem like this in our hotel and felt your safety was compromised. This was indeed a guest of the hotel who clearly was not acting appropriately, and I am sorry he caused you to question the level of service at Thompson. I assure you Management was spoken to about this and know the proper procedures to handle these situations. If you ever feel the need to speak further about this, please contact me.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
The Beverly Hilton
#10 of 14 in Beverly Hills
4.0 of 5 stars 2,639 reviews
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)

Been to SIXTY Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!