“Nice enough....but not 5 star.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Beverly Hilton

You added The Beverly Hilton to your Saves list
The Beverly Hilton
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9876 Wilshire Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90210 (Beverly Hills)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Parking Package
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Gold Coast
“Nice enough....but not 5 star.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

Hotel is in a good location, but still a 10 minute walk to Rodeo etc. When we arrived , we were placed in the oasis wing, and the rooms were a little ordinary. Bumped ourselves up with a small fee, to a room with a balcony........over looking what must be the only commercial area in Beverly Hills. The pool area is a little 80's. They have the whole mini bar sensor thing happening, and you can get a coffee maker delivered to your room, no charge.
It's also about a 10 minute walk to the local Westfield shopping centre. If you do go there, you must eat at the Sugar Rock restaurant.
Overall, a pleasant stay, comfortable beds, and a very nice bathroom area.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Espoo, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

We were recommended this hotel by our friends. Therefore it was a bit of a disappointment. When we arrived the bell boy took us to wrong room because he was given false information by the reception. People at the valet parking did not find our name on their computer. One day housekeepers forgot to bring bath towels to the room. In an expensive hotel you would expect parking and internet be included in the room rates. But no. TV set was about 50 inches but the quality of analog channels was very poor. When we asked for a map from the concierge he gave us a useless photocopied piece of paper. I probably would not have complained about these things if the hotel had been a 3 star one. But this hotel needs to improve if they want to have the status they aim for.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

Beverly Hilton is a small hotel...only about six storeys. I love that. The rooms are of a reasonable size and I found them very elegant--I was in the Oasis wing and I expected the rooms to be so-so (fr reviews) but was pleasantly surprised. And yes the beds are super comfortable. I didn't want to wait for a room with a view, so I was quite happy with my room overlooking the drive..I don't spend a lot of time in my room -- and it was quiet which is much more important to me. The L'Occitane toiletries are fab as mentioned by other reviewers--and are avail for sale in gift shop. Speaking of which, the shop is open great hours so you can nip down and buy a soft drink or nibbles if you are hungry...and if you're jetlagged that's a great help. The staff were friendly and helpful. Internet service in room was shocking...I kept getting bumped off so I suggest the free wifi in the lobby. The coffee in the lobby bar is great -- gym has good facilities (plus fruit which I love). There was filming while I was there so it was a fascinating thing to watch. Walking distance to Rodeo Drive and Century Mall. There is a free car service (I wanted an IPad) but I needed the exercise more. I will DEF stay there from now on...I love the boutique hotel/old style feel to the place.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Washington Township, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel many times and it is consistently great. I always know that my experience here will be worth my while. The staff is very accommodating. They are very pleasant and try do do whatever they can to make your experience comfortable. Rooms are fully stocked with anything you may need. This trip our room was not perfectly clean and the hotel took care of us for the incident with champagne & strawberries....a nice touch. There are great options for food within the hotel. Location is perfect. You can literally walk to Rodeo Dr. if you choose to do so. The hotel is centrally located in Beverly Hills and very close to Hollywood, West Hollywood, Century City and Westwood. A short cab ride will take you to so many great places. There is also a Midway car rental facility right in the hotel. We've used Midway many times and it is VERY convenient. A Hollywood event was going on in the hotel at the time of our stay and the staff managed the event and the hotel at the same time with great ease and professionalism. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Beverly Hills area and I would stay there again.

minneapolis mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

I thought I died and went to Heaven, The Beverly Hilton is that luxurious. You can tell you are in a Movie Star hotel, site of the Golden Globes. I was there for the Academy Awards Nominee Luncheon. The staff is sued to dealing with stars and rich people. The cars in the front are all Rolls Royces and Bentley's. The pool is spectacular, cabana boys and all. My room was awesome, huge bathroom. Horrible shower water pressure, however. The down side is the Beverly Hilton is so isolated from everything, you can walk, but it's still a hike. I recommend Ronny's Diner around the corner. Don't walk around the hotel at night. Creepy. I did eat at their restaurant, it's spendy, but very good. I paid in advance so got a good deal. The fresh flowers all over the lobby are so beautiful. Great customer service, a little bit on the snooty side, but then, they deal with movie stars. I felt like I was a part of history staying at this hotel. Comfortable King-sized bed. Charge for internet. Very, very clean. The Beverly Hilton feels very resort-like. Another down-side is smoking is allowed by the pool area, very annoying to me.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Marlborough, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

We thought the beds were about the most comfortable we've ever slept in. The room was nice but small. We got a decent price by booking a package through American Express for a "superior room" which was all that was offered. But although the hotel was nearly empty and we are Hilton Honors Program members, we were not upgraded and in fact, were not in the main tower but in the secondary building. The other thing that's great is the health club and pool. The only other criticism we had is that there is no coffee maker in the room and usually, if not, there is complimentary coffee in the lobby. Not here. You have to pay 3.00 for a Starbucks coffee from the bar in the lobby. Also, the parkingi is very expensive.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

I just spent four nights at the Beverly Hilton with my 2 sons. We got a great rate on hotwire, $129/night. The public areas were really lovely and the staff very friendly and helpful. Our room was in the Oasis section, which I think is the most basic tower, but at $129/night I had no complaints. The pool was great and my kids enjoyed swimming while I could enjoy a glass of wine. The only downside was the food options in the hotel were very expensive. Breakfast one morning was $70, although it was quite good. Most mornings we walked across the street to Starbucks for coffee/hot chocolate and pastries. Parking was expensive too, but I think that is the norm for this area.

The location was pretty good. We spent a couple evenings in Hollywood, went to Universal Studios, Griffith Park, Dodger Stadium, Venice Beach and Santa Monica Beach. Nothing was more than a 30 minute drive. While all these areas were great, they were pretty chaotic, so it was nice to come back to the quiet, elegance of the Beverly Hilton.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!