“a mixture of good and really bad” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Beverly Hilton

You added The Beverly Hilton to your Saves list
The Beverly Hilton
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9876 Wilshire Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90210 (Beverly Hills)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Parking Package
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Certificate of Excellence 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“a mixture of good and really bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2005

First the good - the concierge service, reception and the restaurant were all very good.

Now the bad - we were a family of four - the room was smaller than many lower class establishments. It took 36 hours and 3 calls to change a light bulb, 3 calls to clear some broken glass from a dangerous area - housekeeping services were exceptionally poor - blamed on all the work associated with doing up the hotel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Manhattan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2004

Stayed here for 3 nights over Thanksgiving in a room booked through Priceline. Very nice renovated room; a phoned request from me for early check-in was honored.

Good-sized room with luxurious linens on the bed. Everything clean and nice. Especially good mirrors - good full-length mirror and 3-way mirror in the bathroom.

Breakfast buffet not cheap - $20 plus-plus - but very good. Walking distance to fancy department stores (Saks, Nordstrom's, Barney's) made it nice for a New Yorker without a car.

A problem with a noisy fan in the ventilation system was fixed upon second request. But - I would never think of travelling without earplugs so no real disturbance.

• Stayed November 2004
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2004

Stayed at the Bev Hilton for Thanksgiving. Checked in early with no problem, requested a renovated room and got it even though I booked through a discount site. The renovated rooms are excellent, large plasma TV, great furnishings and all. Lots of renovation going on througout the hotel but did not bother us. Self parking is closed for renovation but valet is only $21 per day--not a bad deal compared to other hotels I've visited in the area.

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2004

I recently stayed in a cabana room for three nights, and I have no major complaints. The location is great, the fitness room is way above average, and the heated outdoor pool is also very nice. My room was what you'd expect from a Hilton; a nice bed and bathroom (but only basic bathroom products), well stocked minibar, coffee maker etc. Please note that the cabana building has two floors. If you want sliding door access to the pool, you need to ask for a room on the ground floor. The breakfast restaurant, Griff's, is very nice, and the buffet breakfast is fine. I've had better, but also much worse. The parking garage is right next to the cabanas, so I actually found self parking more convenient than valet. All staff was nice, and the bar at Trader Vic's is as good as hotel bars come. All in all, I liked the Beverly Hilton. Just don't arrive with unrealistic expectations.

• Stayed October 2004, traveled on business
New Hope, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2004

When we read about the renovations taking place at the Beverly Hilton, we were concerned about the quality of the rooms, the noise, etc. When we arrived, we were greeted by a friendly staff (possibly the best bell man we've ever encountered) and given a room on a floor that had literally just been opened up.....we were the first guests to use it. The wonderful bed, plasma TV and well thought out layout were a pleasure. A far cry from the older, worn rooms and furnishings.

Room service was prompt and friendly, the rest of the staff accomodating. We truly enjoyed our stay.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2004

My sister and I were excited about staying at the Beverly Hills Hilton even though we new it was being renovated. When we made the reservation for two nights, we requested that we would like to stay in one of their renovated rooms. When we arrived at the hotel check in, they told us that there were no renovated rooms available for that night. I was very upset and told them that when we made the reservation months earlier, we had requested a renovated room. They told us that just because we requested a renovated room, that only means that if one is available upon our arrival, we would be able to get a renovated room. Since we had no other choice but to stay there because we had booked the room and would loose the money for that night already, we dragged our bags up to what I could only describe as disappointing. My sister and I were so angry that we had just spent $200. on a room that was worse than that you would find at a Motel 6. The beds were uncomfortable and the washroom had water stains under the sink. The garbage pale did not even have a garbage bag in it.
I called the front desk to ask if they had a renovated room available for the next night. GET THIS, they said that they did, but that if we wanted to stay in one, it would then cost us $300. Not in any of their advertising of room rates or when we had initially booked, was there ever a mention of that price for a renovated room. What a rip off. We pack our bags and got out the next morning. No way were they getting any more of our money. Do not stay at the Beverly Hills Hilton Hotel. You will regret it.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2004

We arrived at the Beverly Hilton in a flash of cameras they were holding The Ray Charles Tribute about the only plus point of this hotel, we checked in to a nice looking lobby so my spirits were high. When we got to the room it was disgusting, the carpet was ripped and dirty the bathroom just made me gag as the shower was so disgusting and looked liked it had never been cleaned, the beds were so bad that we both woke up in the morning with bad backs. The pool area and gym were nice but I did everything I could not to go back into the room, we looked to change rooms but they were fully booked. They are in the middle of re-furbishing the hotel and I am sure when the room have been re done then the hotel may be back to it's old splendor but until that time I would stay well away.

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!