“A Pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 14 hotels in Beverly Hills
Preston, UK
“A Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We arrived at the hotel on the night of the 27th of february and stayed for 3 nights. The lobby is gorgeous and the hotel is in of course a brilliant area. When we arrived the concierge told us we had been given a room upgrade and we were in the new wilshire tower block of the hotel.

The Room: The room is a decent size with a lovely comfy bed and a closet with a safe, the bathroom is clean and has everything you need. The only thing I have to complain about is the viewthat we got in our 'upgraded' room was nothing special and so there was no need for us to open the curtains. It is only afterwards i realised that there was rooms with balconys, surely a honeymooning couple should be upgraded to those!

We did not eat in any of the restaurants or use the spa facilities as they are many places in beverly hills that you can go to instead, we did however have a room service pizza the first night and at 60 dollars for a pizza chips and SOFT drinks, it was a total scam!

The hotel is in a fantastic location just a few minutes from rodeo drive, the beverly centre mall, hollywood etc
WE used the hotel car service a few times, the only downfall is that they cannot collect you from where you have been dropped off once you are done so you have to call a taxi on the way back, something the hotel needs to sort out!
We used the car rental service for 2 days, the concierge was very helpful in transferring us to the right person, 100 dollars for a mustang, was great value and a brilliant car, however parking at the hotel was expensive at 30 dollars a night!
Overall a nice hotel, with a few minor flaws, would stay again! :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountains and possibly a balcony too!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

1,839 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Bangalore, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

After a last minute change in plans got the Beverly Hilton at 24 hours notice and relatively descent price .
Relatively prompt cheque in and friendly front desk . Had to wait a could of hours for the room , part us being early part them being a little late . No problem took the house car to the mall for shopping and lunch . Got our room , I suppose since we did a last minute booking or cause we don't usually use the hotel , we where given a ground floor room with the view of a grey brick wall .
Small room well decorated and light but small for 2. Bathroom even smaller shower tiny .
Busy convention style hotel lot of activity in the lobby, full of people . Not my thing I prefer a quieter and more intimate boutique style hotel . But if " all the fun if the fair " is your thing ( and I have relatives who love the place ) this might suit you ...just not me .

Room Tip: Try get a pool, view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Also had cabana room - slept 3 in comfort. Good facilities - reasonably priced restaurant with good selection. Good location. Definately stay there again.

PS - One rogue waiter who needs a new career was the only downside (grumpy and annoyed at kids - charged us double for breakfast - sorted at check-out).

Room Tip: Get a cabana
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed here on our first night of our Spring Vacation...

We were given a wonderful Suite facing the front of the hotel and had views of the downtown B-Hills Area and the Mountains...

Service at Check-In was great and very imformative, and the bellman staff were very smart and very knowledgeable of the local area...

Room layout was awesome for the family, a nice king size bed and a pull out sofa for the kids and a huge balcony area where you could fit 15 people on it comfortable with a sun chair and numerous other smaller chairs and a table..

Pool area was very popular and wait staff were asking me about whether I wanted a drink within a few minutes of me sitting down at my chair..(which is not the case at most hotels)

Breakfast the next morning was great and the restaurant staff went out of their way to help out with all the kids and getting everything set for me...

Thank you again for everything you did and I will definately return...

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room ask for a room facing the front of the hotel....
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Had stayed here once before, and when the chance to go to LA came up again, we eagerly booked a night at the Beverly Hilton, expecting the faded elegance and old hollywood experience we had had the first time.

The 2 stars in the review come from the very nice lobby and room renovations that have been done. Comfy beds and a stylish lobby gave a nice first impression.

Upon check in, we were given a balcony room that overlooked the road construction on Santa Monica Boulevard. Definitely wanted to enjoy the balcony, and wanted some kind of nice view to enjoy. So we went down to the front desk, and asked for a room on the other side of the hotel. The desk kindly gave us a room on the same side, but a different wing! (Ok, perhaps we could have asked the question differently, but we had cited the overlook of Santa Monica Boulevard as the reason.) So we truck back down, and the front desk tells us that there are no rooms with balconies that overlook Wilshire Boulevard. While I kept my cool, I informed the front desk that it only takes a working set of eyes to know that such a statement was untrue - in fact, I invited the desk clerk out the front door to point at the wall of balconies facing Wilshire.

We were finally given a room facing the way we wanted.

Now, the LA marathon was going on, and given that access to the hotel was limited by the race route, I would have expected a hotel of this caliber to be able to describe how to get in and out of the building, how to get around the route, etc. With some urging, the concierge finally went to the marathon website and printed out a map of the route. When I asked how we would get to the south side of Santa Monica Boulevard the next morning, our question was met with blank stares.

Checkout was awful. After waiting almost 10 minutes at the front desk with no one in sight, I ultimately reached across the desk and dialed the operator on the front desk phone to have someone brought to the desk so we could leave. No question about how our stay was, just a snotty stare and wordless interaction. No thank you, no nothing.

And the final straw was a personal email to the general manager that has gone unanswered.

Not the way to position a property as a high end destination. I wish we had stayed at the funky boutique place in Venice Beach after all.

I guess I have one final question. I'm a 7 year diamond member at Hilton. I've never, never, never gotten an upgrade. Not once. I ask nicely, I even sign up for the thing where I'm willing to pay $10-25 for an upgraded room. Never.

Room Tip: Don't take a room overlooking Santa Monica Boulevard, at least for the next year or so.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
BeverlyHilton, Marketing Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for sharing. We have sent you a private message to look into your stay. We strive to make every guest feel comfortable and special.

-The Beverly Hilton
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We loved the hotel. Had a Cabana room which was awesome. Our daughter loved the pool. Good workout facility. Good breakfast with a variety of options for everyone in the family. Close to all fun things in Beverly Hills. Would stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I booked this hotel becuase it was on the block same block as a meeting I has the next morning. Despite a couple of large conferences, the hotel staff provided great service, the food was very good (though on the expensive side). If you need/want to be in this part of LA I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I like queit rooms - i was assigned a great room at the end of the hall and around the corner. It is...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!