I actually wrote another review on here for them that was great. My husband and I just returned and I can't stress how disappointed we were with just about everything. The hotel has really lowered it's standards and behavior but my expectations haven't changed.
1. Requested a balcony room, was given a non-balcony room but told I had to pay the quoted balcony price because I was in the tower. This doesn't seem very fair that they are confirming balcony rooms and charging for them, but giving non-balcony rooms.
2. We had to request 3, yes 3 irons before we got one that worked.
3. The food from room service isn't as good as it used to be. The applewood smoked bacon used to be my favorite bacon in the world, this time it was overcooked, lukewarm, and just bland.
4. The clock in the room was set incorrectly so when we woke up we had no idea what time it actually was.
5. The noises - where the hell are all the noises coming from? From early morning, about 7am on, there were all sorts of loud noises that prohibited us from sleeping - some sounded like 20 minute long loud ice machines, others were our phone ringing with no one on the other end, and others were knocks on the door from housekeeping to drop a note under the door about an aqua spa being closed. Just put it there, you needn't knock. When I inquired about the ice machine noise I was told it was the service elevator - huh?
6. The people - last time we checked in, everyone was so nice and friendly. We even received a handwritten note which was a lovely touch. This time we got a weird laugh as though we were being judged.
7. The internet sucks - when I called for assistance I got the most condescending woman in the world who told me things like, now where you see Last Name type your last name. Yes I understand that - my understanding was that we got internet as part of our Hilton membership. When she finally listened and understood my real question, she told me well you don't even have close to enough points in response to my asking how many points you needed for gold status. Not the answer I was asking for, and again, let's remove the judgement and attitude.
We actually stayed here for two nights, then went up to Santa Barbara for two nights, and came back and stayed here for one night. The first two nights were pretty sub-par. When we returned my expectations were already low. We got a crappy room in the Oasis wing. The bathroom floor and outside of the tub was so dirty I didn't even bother using the bath/shower.
Someone over there needs to walk up and ship out - treating guests like second class citizens isn't going to cause people to return.
Don't stay here if you want a good room.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
January 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We have sent you a private message to look further into your stay. We strive to make every stay comfortable for our guests.
Report response as inappropriate
-The Beverly Hilton
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.