“Everything was perfect...or better.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Winter 3 for 2
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Key West, Florida
“Everything was perfect...or better.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2007

We arrived at the Beverly Hills Hotel around 8:30am, after spending 3 days on the train traveling from Chicago, Il. It was the middle of a 2 week train/plane/automobile excursion across the USA. Unfortunately, the check in time wasn’t until 2:00pm. When our taxi arrived we were whisked inside (I never even saw our luggage come out of the trunk). The service at reception was outstanding. The clerk informed us our room was available, and was in the process of being cleaned, and then would be approved by 2 different Managers (said about a 1 hour wait). We were floored, we thought it would be at least 5 hours before we saw the inside of our room.
We enjoyed coffee at The Fountain Coffee Room, and reflected on the history of the room and bar. Afterward, we walked the grounds a little, and checked out the pool. In what seemed like no time at all we were being escorted to our room by our concierge and his manager. We were given a full tour of the room and amenities, and they even went so far as to ask if they could make our dining plans for us. We had prearranged for dinner at Lucques in West Hollywood, and they commented that it was an excellent selection. By 10:00am we had completed check in and were left in our room (4 hours early, almost unheard of at a large hotel – and on the weekend).
We were in a standard room, but you could have fooled us. We had a great view where we could see all the comings and goings of the hotel. Everything in the room was so beautiful and so immaculately maintained. When I saw the bathroom with it’s sunken Jacuzzi tub, I think my heart actually skipped a beat. After 3 days on the train, you can guess that was the fist place we headed.
We called down to have our dinner shirts pressed, and when they answered they said “How may we help you Mr. Smith”? In the dresser you will find an order card, and a nice pink bag to place laundry articles in. It will cost you ($20 per shirt, just for pressing) but the quality of the work was quite impressive, and they were back before we returned from lunch.
We had lunch poolside at the Cabana Café. We just wanted something light, so we ordered smoothies and fries and sat at the bar. After we had ordered our server came back and most apologetically informed me they were momentarily out of peach. It was no big deal to me, and to their credit the strawberry banana was quite tasty. When we signed for the bill we noticed that we had been comped on our fries.
The room came with all kinds of little extra’s such as fresh fruit, and an assortment of bathroom supplies. They also provide you with a signature bath robe and slippers. The slippers are complimentary (so take them home as a memento). However, the bath robes will set you back about $130 if you want to take one home. The mini fridge comes fully stocked with a wide variety of beverages and liquor, and several drawers stocked with all different snacks. Make sure to check the price list, then have a good laugh and close the drawer. There were 3 phones in the room (including 1 in the toilet) and a fax. They even go so far as to provide complimentary stationary and post cards, so all your friends back home can envy you.
In the evening the valet had the hotel chauffer drive us to dinner, complimentary in a limo. The driver was great. He knew right where to take us, and even went so far as to offer his service for the future. Trust me, he got a GOOD tip. It really put a special touch on a great dining experience. If you ever have a chance to have Sunday dinner at Lucques, do it…you won’t regret it. When we returned to our room, the bed had been turned down, and the room had been completely re-cleaned. Even the personal effects we had left laying around had been neatly arranged, and a new (dry) bath mat placed at the tub.
The bed and sheets were so comfortable. Unfortunately, we were still feeling the movement from the train, so sleep was kind of off and on. In the morning I had to be practically dragged out of bed. The worst moment of staying at the Beverly Hills Hotel was when I opened my eyes, and realized we were going to have to leave today. We did however enjoy lounging around reading the complimentary LA Times that had been delivered to our door neatly tied in a pink ribbon.
Before departing we treated ourselves to a delicious breakfast at The Polo Lounge. The coffee is served in a french press. This was the first time we had tasted coffee made this way, and the first purchase we made after returning home was a french press.
Everything at the Beverly Hills Hotel was PERFECT…or better. The staff was so attentive, and all of them greet you, some by name. They will go out of their way to please you, and enjoy doing it. We were totally impressed. The Beverly Hills Hotel was perfectly placed in our vacation, as the crown jewel in the center of an amazing 2 weeks.
Before our trip we anticipated the celebrities we might see here, but in all honesty I don’t recall seeing a single one. At the Beverly Hills Hotel every guest is a celebrity to them, they treat you like one, and you feel like one. Everyone else is just a B-lister.

• Liked — The bath tub
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Mattoon, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2007

The Beverly Hills Hotel is hands down the best hotel I have ever visited. Sure, the room price is high but the service you get at this
hotel makes the experience all worthwhile.

My friend and I are high school teachers from the midwest...not the upscale crowd the hotel is known for at all. We were wondering how we would fit in here but it was obvious that EVERYONE is welcome at the BHH.

The minute the shuttle pulled up to the red carpet leading to the hotel entrance, the employees welcome you and grab your luggage in a flash. Walking into the hotel lobby with its plush furniture and enormous floral displays is unbelievable.

We were immediately checked in and personally escorted to our spacious room. We waited no longer than 5 minutes for our bags, which
has been a problem at other hotels we have stayed in.

The room was extremely spacious with a small foyer, a large walk-in closet an enormous bathroom with marble floors and shower and a sunk-in tub. The bed was extremely comfortable and we had a view of the LA skyline. We couldn't have been more pleased.

Using the complimentary house car, a stretch limo, was also a real treat. The grounds and pool are immaculate and every employee you pass by greets you with a warm "hello."

I would highly recommend this hotel if you are up for something luxurious and pampering and if a high level of service is your thing.

Stayed March 2007
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2007

My 18 year old daughter and I spent March break at the Beverly Hills Hotel and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Everyone on staff was welcoming and friendly. The hotel gets its share of stars -- while we were there we saw Uma Thurman, Courtney Cox, and George Hamilton -- but does not reserve the A-list treatment for stars alone.

Our room was large, with a sofa and pair of club chairs, the bathroom was gorgeous and huge. The restaurants and pool areas are really pretty and comfortable and the food is very good. We were fortunate to have excellent weather but a couple from Boston told us that even though it rained on their last visit to the hotel, they couldn't wait to return.

If you like to jog, the surrounding neighbourhood is ideal - gorgeous homes with manicured grounds, and a wonderful scent of blossoms in the air.

Parking is not included with the room rate and is definitely not cheap, but a car is really a necessity in LA so you don't have much choice.

I would definitely return and maybe try to get one of the rooms that has its own private balcony.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Expense
  • Stayed March 2007
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2007

Each employee I had contact w/ bent over backwards to accomodate me. I spent the night, Feb 24, 2007, Oscar weekend,and they were sold out. They were busy with the "A Listers", but still treated ordinary people as "A Listers" too. Every person I met from the Security Guard, Johnny, to the reservation manager, Kyle, to the waiter, Joseph; all were courteous and respectful. Even though the price of the rooms are high, $590, for a Superior Deluxe, it is worth it! (And, I'm not the kind to spend more than $150/night on a hotel.)

Room was big and luxurious. Some updating could be done on the furniture. There were scratches and wear and tear. There is a free limo service to anywhere w/ in 3 miles. We took it to Starbucks and saw Al Pacino. All in all, I was treated like a "Star"!!

• Liked — Service & Historical
  • Disliked — Furniture needs replacement
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with friends
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2007

The Beverly Hills Hotel is a glamorus hotel. Because of the recent renovation, everything in this hotel is pretty much new. The bedrooms are very spacious, and the service is superb. My reccomendation is to eat breakfast in the fountain coffee shop in the downstairs portion of the hotel. This 1950's diner is not only notable for seeing stars, but the food is phenominal. Freshly squeezed orange juice is a must, along with freshly prepared belgian waffles. This hotel keeps the ledgend of the hotel alive, but it has done an excellent job in staying on par as one of the nicest hotels in Beverly Hills. At the Beverly Hills hotel, you will feel like a celebrity, and be pampered like one too.

Bottom Line, at this hotel everything is 5 stars, the food, service, ambience, and decor. There is nothing to complain about! Only the Beverly Hills hotel can provide you with that expierience. You can get luxury service and decor at the peninsula, bel air or four seasons, but you can only get the feel of being in the real beverly hills hotel if you stay there. You won't be dissapointed.

Stayed February 2007
Tetbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2007

We pushed the boat out for Oscars week and stayed in the Beverly Hills hotel (for a few days anyway!). The hotel was very nice indeed - as you'd expect - and in particluar the food, housekeeping and restaurant service was exemplary.
For those planning a trip, some tips:
1. Confirm your room - we booked a "suite with balcony" in October for February. Call me picky but there was no balcony and when asked, I was told I'd had a reduction on my rate ($5 a night!! on a $600 room). Nobody told us.
2. Ask if there are any events going on while you are there - obviously the Oscars were on but we were not told until the day before they were closing the whole pool area. The hotel is not actually that big so this did have an impact on our stay.
3. Book early if you want to eat in the Polo Lounge - being Brits we didn't realise this was THE place to be.
4. Use the complimentary limo service - it runs you around the local area, and our driver (Tom) was outstanding giving us loads of info and tips on what to do, and gave us his number for picking us up, brilliant!
5. Ask specifically for a response if you have a complaint - not wanting to cause confrontation during our "dream holiday" we just filled out a questionnaire assuming we would get some form of response, this has not happened. Don't be shy, it's expensive and the next time I would be more vocal.
6. Push the Concierge team - as above I didn't push enough and only had my transport queries answered when I gave the Concierge my tickets to a Clippers game for free as due to illness we couldn't go. Prior to that he was too busy on the phone and generally assuming his very short answers were good enough (they may have been for a local, but for a Brit I was still bemused).
Do not stay in suite 347 - it must have been next to the busiest doors in the hotel, which sound like they are entering your room! We got used to it in the end!

Overall we really enjoyed the history and experience of staying here, and although the Reception and Concierge staff did not pick up on my queries well enough, and generally they were not very sharp we would go again. It is ideal for a special treat, and if you can the suite added to it.

Stayed February 2007
Gloucestershire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2007

My wife and I are fortunate that when we go on vacation we have stayed at some of the very best hotels. Sometimes the Hotel act as if you are lucky to be staying with them rather than a welcome guest so it was with a degree of apprehension that we stayed for the first time at the famous Beverly Hills Hotel. All I can say is that from the moment we pulled up outside to the time we left everything about it was of the highest order. We didn't know it at the time we booked but it coincided with the Grammys but not once did the personal attention drop. If you want style, 5 star attention and an experience to remember don't hesitate to go here.

Been to The Beverly Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!