“Well Done!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Well Done!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

It was a great four days. We had two rooms. A regular room, which was spacious and a suite that was amazing. It was a corner suite with a wrap-around deck, huge living space and a very big bedroom. The service was great all around. Added bonus - my boys loved seeing the cool cars in the lot all week!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear smithst,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Beverly Hills Hotel. I am pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed everything ... especially the endless amount of "cool cars" in front of the hotel! We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Regional Director of West Coast USA and General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Darien, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Traveling with three college-age kids, we expected this iconic hotel to be a bit intimidating, but the staff immediately and unpretentiously made us feel welcome. Plus, we soon found that that there were many families enjoying the place. On site, the pool is well-known as the daytime center of activity, and there is a delightful underwater surprise. The decor is lovely and reminiscent of the Greenbrier, another Grande Dame property. A concierge had reached out to me by email about a week before arrival and she helped in advance with restaurant and other bookings. She indicated that the hotel's courtesy cars would be available to transport our party of five to restaurants and other local destinations. Disappointingly, however, this proved to be incorrect, as the cars could not accommodate five people, so we ended up relying on available, but quite dodgy, taxi cabs (yielding a very different arrival than the hotel's Masseratti and Mercedes courtesy cars would have afforded.) Suggest the hotel should invest in a Suburban or two for its fleet of courtesy cars.

Room Tip: South side of hotel offers afternoon sun and views over pool and Westwood skyline; north side offers...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear Michael P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Pink Palace. It is wonderful to know you felt well taken care of by our amazing staff. Please know that I will be sure to share this with the team. I must also apologize for any miscommunication regarding our house cars. Please know I have followed up with our team and will take your feedback into consideration.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Glamorous decadence on every level with down home friendly service. Gorgeous rooms, super personable staff, the pool area is stunning beyond words. Had dinner in the polo lounge listening to incredible love music -- best fish stew I've ever had. Had room service for breakfast and lunched by the pool! You will feel like a 1940s movie star.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Jeanniesprecher,

We love a review that starts off with “Glamourous!” I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us…from the service, to the rooms, to the food. We hope to welcome you back to the Pink Palace. And maybe next time we'll see you dancing through the lobby with your own academy award!

LONDON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Following a visit to the hotel four years ago and having stayed at The Dorchester we decided to make our next stay in LA at this glorious hotel. Booking in for eight nights we were met with the most wonderful welcome. Our 2nd floor balcony room was lovely and we were delighted to find a bottle of champagne and fruit welcoming us to the hotel. We went to the pool most days and the staff who served us were very friendly and attentive. The pool menu and cocktail/wine list is excellent. Food and service first rate. Our slight disappointment was that the pool service and fountain cafe all finished by 6pm. With such good weather an extra hour would have been nice or to have the fountain bar/restaurant available perfect. However the Polo Bar was superb. Both inside bar and outside. With great music entertainment. We ate here a few times and spent some time each day here. The Staff are so friendly, so nice - fantastic and really do make this hotel the place to go. The food excellent.Bar 19 was closed a couple of evenings we tried to visit but when open was nice and again great service and entertainment. The Spa service and hairdresser was excellent. I was amazed to have two people blow drying my hair!! So highly recommend. The gym was well equipped. The shop was well stocked and was pleased to find I could get my English newspapers each day. The concierge service was brilliant as booking restaurants they ensured we had a top table. The free
Chauffeur service was excellent and made such a difference.
We used the laundry service daily and the service received from housekeeping was very good.
Overall we had a brilliant time and do hope we will be able to return again. The misguided and cruel actions by some over the ownership has been heartbreaking for the staff and at the time we were there was the main talk in the hotel and surrounding neighbourhood. I hope that those who previously enjoyed coming to the hotel will come to their senses and go back and support the staff and heritage of the place. Failing to do so only justifies the extremists carrying out medieval actions. So thank you to all who made our holiday truly wonderful and hope to be back soon

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear SUE49London,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of your recent stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and were most impressed by the service provided to you. I will be sure to share your kind words with the team as they will be thrilled to know they made such a difference in your stay.

Thank you for the feedback regarding the Cabana Cafe and Fountain Coffee Shop hours. Although we close before sundown, we make sure to have Bar Nineteen12 and the Polo Lounge open for you to enjoy a nice cocktail outside. I am thrilled to know you took advantage of our complimentary house car. I always encourage our guests to use this service throughout their stay.

Please know we are truly thankful for your support and look forward to welcoming you back to the Pink Palace. See you soon!

Al Muharraq, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I've eaten and had drinks in the hotel many times, however I never stayed as I used to live close by. My wife and I came in from Vegas before a move to the middle east for a year. As someone who also lived and spent time in New York this place reminds me of The Carlyle (good thing) in a lot of ways. The parts that are old are old on purpose and why you come, the updated portions do not take away from the property, the best of both worlds...meanwhile the service is perfect. We stayed in a Bungalow, the walk to and from it was always a pleasure, and as I had experienced before while not a guest, the Polo Lounge always fantastic.

If you haven't stayed here, you must. If you have and don't feel as I do then I am sorry because I can't imagine an experience more perfect experience. Go and feel like you are living in a Slim Aarons photo. Thank you to the staff for their service and professionalism.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear John K,

Thank you for reviewing The Beverly Hills Hotel. I am glad you had the opportunity to stay with us after stopping by so many times. It is great to learn that you can't imagine a "more perfect experience" than your recent one with us and that you were so pleased with your stay … from your bungalow, to our legendary history, to the service provided to you.

What is most important to us, however, is that you felt so well cared for. Please know that I will share this with the team, as it will mean a great deal to them to know that they had such an impact on your visit. Our dedicated team members truly are the heart and soul of the hotel.

Best of luck on your new Middle Eastern adventure and we hope to welcome you back to the Pink Palace.

Glenview, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I lived in LA for 8 years and returned for a visit after being gone for 12 years. I had always wanted to stay in this hotel so I booked two nights online. I was a little disappointed when they were advertising a free breakfast and I didn't see it confirmed anywhere on my reservation so I called. I was told it was no longer available. I suggested they should remove it from the website if that was the case. They offered me an upgraded room to compensate. I then decided that rather than stay with a friend the first night and move, I would add a third night. Instead of booking online, I decided to call. I was told there were no rooms that night in spite of the fact that they were showing as available that night. So I hung up and booked it online. I accidentally booked for the one night and canceled the other two. I immediately called and ask to speak to the manager because now it was saying there were no rooms the other two nights even though I had just seconds earlier canceled one. So the manager fixed it for me and I was good. I loved it here. It was a pleasure. The staff was wonderful. The outdoor patio was a wonderful place to have breakfast and the food was wonderful. The lighting in the bathroom was a little dim to put makeup on and the lighted mirror was small and magnified. Also, I would suggest tv's in the bathroom for a hotel at this price point. I have stayed at many pricey hotels and this one is as good at it gets.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear Allisonfaye,

Thank you for writing such a detailed review of your recent experience. First, I would like to apologize for the difficulties you had trying to reserve your stay. There is certainly no excuse for this and please know that I will address this with our reservations team to ensure that we prevent it from occurring again in the future.

With that being said, it is great to know that this did not prevent you from having a wonderful experience with us. Please know that a majority of our accommodations are currently being refreshed, and all guestrooms and suites in the main house will have TVs in the bathrooms by the end of 2015.

It makes me extremely happy to know you consider us the best hotel you have stayed in. What a wonderful compliment to the whole team, and I will share your kind words with them. We very much look forward to welcoming you back ... and this time without all of the back and forth with reservations!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We have been staying here for years, and stayed recently to support the staff that has been suffering horribly due to a recent boycott which I will not comment on here. There service is always superb and the rooms charming. The hotel has been undergoing a renovation which is almost done and it is still wonderfully elegant, yet welcoming. It is almost the last bastion of old Hollywood and is a joyous stay. It is wildly expensive, but is a life experience. The Polo Lounge is world famous and the wonderful coffee shop legendary, and the pool restaurant delicious. Most of the staff has been here as long as I have been staying which is more than 30 years. The front of house staff can't do enough for you, and you don't have to be famous to stay here. There are lots of families, foreign travelers, and locals at any given time. No matter who you are, you will be treated very well.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms here--just great rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lizznyc,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Beverly Hills Hotel. It's great to know that your stay was such a "joyous" one and that you appreciate our legendary heritage as much as we do. I am thrilled you enjoyed your entire experience … from the rooms, to the restaurants, to the service provided to you. As for our great team of service professionals, they truly are the heart and soul of the hotel and yes, many have been working at the hotel for decades.

Please also know that we all very much appreciate your support, now more than ever. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Regional Director of West Coast USA and General Manager

Been to The Beverly Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!