“Beautiful hotel, great location - a must if staying in Beverly Hills” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Beverly Hills Hotel

Special Offer
Deluxe Breakfast Getaway
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
LONDON
“Beautiful hotel, great location - a must if staying in Beverly Hills”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Following a visit to the hotel four years ago and having stayed at The Dorchester we decided to make our next stay in LA at this glorious hotel. Booking in for eight nights we were met with the most wonderful welcome. Our 2nd floor balcony room was lovely and we were delighted to find a bottle of champagne and fruit welcoming us to the hotel. We went to the pool most days and the staff who served us were very friendly and attentive. The pool menu and cocktail/wine list is excellent. Food and service first rate. Our slight disappointment was that the pool service and fountain cafe all finished by 6pm. With such good weather an extra hour would have been nice or to have the fountain bar/restaurant available perfect. However the Polo Bar was superb. Both inside bar and outside. With great music entertainment. We ate here a few times and spent some time each day here. The Staff are so friendly, so nice - fantastic and really do make this hotel the place to go. The food excellent.Bar 19 was closed a couple of evenings we tried to visit but when open was nice and again great service and entertainment. The Spa service and hairdresser was excellent. I was amazed to have two people blow drying my hair!! So highly recommend. The gym was well equipped. The shop was well stocked and was pleased to find I could get my English newspapers each day. The concierge service was brilliant as booking restaurants they ensured we had a top table. The free
Chauffeur service was excellent and made such a difference.
We used the laundry service daily and the service received from housekeeping was very good.
Overall we had a brilliant time and do hope we will be able to return again. The misguided and cruel actions by some over the ownership has been heartbreaking for the staff and at the time we were there was the main talk in the hotel and surrounding neighbourhood. I hope that those who previously enjoyed coming to the hotel will come to their senses and go back and support the staff and heritage of the place. Failing to do so only justifies the extremists carrying out medieval actions. So thank you to all who made our holiday truly wonderful and hope to be back soon

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear SUE49London,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of your recent stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and were most impressed by the service provided to you. I will be sure to share your kind words with the team as they will be thrilled to know they made such a difference in your stay.

Thank you for the feedback regarding the Cabana Cafe and Fountain Coffee Shop hours. Although we close before sundown, we make sure to have Bar Nineteen12 and the Polo Lounge open for you to enjoy a nice cocktail outside. I am thrilled to know you took advantage of our complimentary house car. I always encourage our guests to use this service throughout their stay.

Please know we are truly thankful for your support and look forward to welcoming you back to the Pink Palace. See you soon!

Regional Director of West Coast USA and General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Al Muharraq, Bahrain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I've eaten and had drinks in the hotel many times, however I never stayed as I used to live close by. My wife and I came in from Vegas before a move to the middle east for a year. As someone who also lived and spent time in New York this place reminds me of The Carlyle (good thing) in a lot of ways. The parts that are old are old on purpose and why you come, the updated portions do not take away from the property, the best of both worlds...meanwhile the service is perfect. We stayed in a Bungalow, the walk to and from it was always a pleasure, and as I had experienced before while not a guest, the Polo Lounge always fantastic.

If you haven't stayed here, you must. If you have and don't feel as I do then I am sorry because I can't imagine an experience more perfect experience. Go and feel like you are living in a Slim Aarons photo. Thank you to the staff for their service and professionalism.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear John K,

Thank you for reviewing The Beverly Hills Hotel. I am glad you had the opportunity to stay with us after stopping by so many times. It is great to learn that you can't imagine a "more perfect experience" than your recent one with us and that you were so pleased with your stay … from your bungalow, to our legendary history, to the service provided to you.

What is most important to us, however, is that you felt so well cared for. Please know that I will share this with the team, as it will mean a great deal to them to know that they had such an impact on your visit. Our dedicated team members truly are the heart and soul of the hotel.

Best of luck on your new Middle Eastern adventure and we hope to welcome you back to the Pink Palace.

Glenview, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

I lived in LA for 8 years and returned for a visit after being gone for 12 years. I had always wanted to stay in this hotel so I booked two nights online. I was a little disappointed when they were advertising a free breakfast and I didn't see it confirmed anywhere on my reservation so I called. I was told it was no longer available. I suggested they should remove it from the website if that was the case. They offered me an upgraded room to compensate. I then decided that rather than stay with a friend the first night and move, I would add a third night. Instead of booking online, I decided to call. I was told there were no rooms that night in spite of the fact that they were showing as available that night. So I hung up and booked it online. I accidentally booked for the one night and canceled the other two. I immediately called and ask to speak to the manager because now it was saying there were no rooms the other two nights even though I had just seconds earlier canceled one. So the manager fixed it for me and I was good. I loved it here. It was a pleasure. The staff was wonderful. The outdoor patio was a wonderful place to have breakfast and the food was wonderful. The lighting in the bathroom was a little dim to put makeup on and the lighted mirror was small and magnified. Also, I would suggest tv's in the bathroom for a hotel at this price point. I have stayed at many pricey hotels and this one is as good at it gets.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Dear Allisonfaye,

Thank you for writing such a detailed review of your recent experience. First, I would like to apologize for the difficulties you had trying to reserve your stay. There is certainly no excuse for this and please know that I will address this with our reservations team to ensure that we prevent it from occurring again in the future.

With that being said, it is great to know that this did not prevent you from having a wonderful experience with us. Please know that a majority of our accommodations are currently being refreshed, and all guestrooms and suites in the main house will have TVs in the bathrooms by the end of 2015.

It makes me extremely happy to know you consider us the best hotel you have stayed in. What a wonderful compliment to the whole team, and I will share your kind words with them. We very much look forward to welcoming you back ... and this time without all of the back and forth with reservations!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We have been staying here for years, and stayed recently to support the staff that has been suffering horribly due to a recent boycott which I will not comment on here. There service is always superb and the rooms charming. The hotel has been undergoing a renovation which is almost done and it is still wonderfully elegant, yet welcoming. It is almost the last bastion of old Hollywood and is a joyous stay. It is wildly expensive, but is a life experience. The Polo Lounge is world famous and the wonderful coffee shop legendary, and the pool restaurant delicious. Most of the staff has been here as long as I have been staying which is more than 30 years. The front of house staff can't do enough for you, and you don't have to be famous to stay here. There are lots of families, foreign travelers, and locals at any given time. No matter who you are, you will be treated very well.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms here--just great rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lizznyc,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Beverly Hills Hotel. It's great to know that your stay was such a "joyous" one and that you appreciate our legendary heritage as much as we do. I am thrilled you enjoyed your entire experience … from the rooms, to the restaurants, to the service provided to you. As for our great team of service professionals, they truly are the heart and soul of the hotel and yes, many have been working at the hotel for decades.

Please also know that we all very much appreciate your support, now more than ever. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I can't say anything bad about this hotel! Staff was phenomenally, did whatever was asked...even got my camera bag out of my car and brought it to my room within 15 minutes! Denise downstairs in the little "cafe" was super nice to my kids and very personable! Food and drink a tad high, but I knew that going in to this hotel. Oh another plus...they have a Mercedes courtesy car that will take you within 5 miles of the hotel....very convenient!!! Kudos to all the staff at he BHH!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear frazgoirish,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Beverly Hills Hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay so much, especially the wonderful team members who make our hotel the special place that it is.

It’s great that you were able to take advantage of our house car, this is an amenity that we encourage all of our guests to use.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have been lucky enough to have stayed in leading hotels all over the world over the last 25 years or so, but almost always on business. This time I was traveling with my family (wife and two teenage children) and stayed at the Beverly Hills Hotel for a couple of nights at the end of a vacation in California. The hotel upgraded us to two incredible bungalows (1 and 9). My children's room even contained an incredible chocolate cake as a welcome to the hotel. The welcome and treatment we received from the extremely friendly but ultra professional staff (throughout the hotel) was absolutely second to none. Just fantastic - it made our holiday and will be an experience my children in particular will remember for ever. The fact that my daughter saw her favorite celebrity (who will remain nameless) in the lobby helped, but even without that interlude it could not have been better.

Dear Mark P,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Pink Palace. I am very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that you were impressed with the service provided to you. Our dedicated team members truly are the heart and soul of the hotel and I will be sure to share your kind words with them.

We look forward to your next stay with us…hopefully it will be soon!

Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Great spacious renovated rooms made our stay very comfortable. Bed and linen were the best, very luxurious and soft. Bathrooms and amenities were above average for sure and the staff made us feel like royalty. Breakfast by the pool was wonderful but we found the spa to be terribly overpriced for the quality of the services offered. I would definitely go back to this beautiful hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear AnaCrisMondin,

Thank you for reviewing your recent visit to the Pink Palace. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay…from the rooms, to the service, to the food. We look forward to welcoming you back and hope it will be soon!

Regional Director of West Coast USA and General Manager

Been to The Beverly Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!