“Unbelievable Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Beverly Hills Hotel

You added The Beverly Hills Hotel to your Saves list
The Beverly Hills Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9641 Sunset Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90210-2938 (Beverly Hills)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Deluxe Breakfast Getaway
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
London, United Kingdom
“Unbelievable Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have been lucky enough to have stayed in leading hotels all over the world over the last 25 years or so, but almost always on business. This time I was traveling with my family (wife and two teenage children) and stayed at the Beverly Hills Hotel for a couple of nights at the end of a vacation in California. The hotel upgraded us to two incredible bungalows (1 and 9). My children's room even contained an incredible chocolate cake as a welcome to the hotel. The welcome and treatment we received from the extremely friendly but ultra professional staff (throughout the hotel) was absolutely second to none. Just fantastic - it made our holiday and will be an experience my children in particular will remember for ever. The fact that my daughter saw her favorite celebrity (who will remain nameless) in the lobby helped, but even without that interlude it could not have been better.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Mark P,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Pink Palace. I am very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that you were impressed with the service provided to you. Our dedicated team members truly are the heart and soul of the hotel and I will be sure to share your kind words with them.

We look forward to your next stay with us…hopefully it will be soon!

Regional Director of West Coast USA and General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Great spacious renovated rooms made our stay very comfortable. Bed and linen were the best, very luxurious and soft. Bathrooms and amenities were above average for sure and the staff made us feel like royalty. Breakfast by the pool was wonderful but we found the spa to be terribly overpriced for the quality of the services offered. I would definitely go back to this beautiful hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear AnaCrisMondin,

Thank you for reviewing your recent visit to the Pink Palace. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay…from the rooms, to the service, to the food. We look forward to welcoming you back and hope it will be soon!

San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

The Beverly Hills Hotel definitely has its own lore and you would think it would be 5 star all the way. Well, you'd be wrong. I stayed there at the hotel expecting 5 star service all the way; especially due to the ridiculous prices they charge. However, I learned it's more hype than anything else. Upon checking in, the young guy at the front desk overtly made you feel as if you were lucky to be in his presence. He was extremely unhelpful to the point he actually huffed when I asked him to call me on my cell phone when a friend arrived. The rooms were unexpectedly average. I had breakfast in the famous Polo Lounge with my guest. The service was ridiculous with just one waiter for the entire area. We both just had coffee with eggs. That was it; a single serving of eggs each with coffee and nothing more...the bill was $59. That should tell you everything.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear TheJurisDoctor,

Thank you for the detailed review of your recent stay. After reading your feedback, I am quite upset to learn of your recent experience at The Beverly Hills Hotel. But I very much appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with me, as it is only in this way that we are able to improve upon our shortcomings.

I must apologize on behalf of our entire team. What you encountered is exactly the opposite of what your experience should have been. There is absolutely no excuse for the fact that the service provided to you was not Five Star, and I am very sorry for this. We take great pride in providing exceptional service in all areas of our operation and it is most concerning that you did not find this to be the case. This is completely unacceptable and not reflective of the high standards that we work so hard to achieve.

While I was most disappointed to learn you did not enjoy our rooms, I very much appreciate your honest feedback and commentary. Please know that a majority of our accommodations are currently being refreshed, and all guestrooms and suites in the main house will be upgraded and enhanced by the end of 2015.

Please know that I have been addressing all of these shortcomings with our team, and working with them to ensure that we prevent them from occurring in the future. Our collective goal is always to provide our guests with service excellence from the moment they step out of their car to the moment they depart. We were not able to do this for you, and again, it is most disappointing. It my sincere hope that you will return so we can provide you with the exceptional experience that our guests have come to expect from us. I would ask that should you would consider returning to The Beverly Hills Hotel, please contact me directly so I may personally oversee your reservation.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I was a little uncertain about staying in the Beverly Hills Hotel. It felt to me as though it might be a little too snooty or ostentatious. Nonetheless, as I was wanting to spend a couple of nights in Beverly Hills I thought I would give it a shot. i was travelling on my own for a trip which was partly business and partly pleasure.

Weary from my plane journey I did wonder if I would be right as I was taken a long the narrow paths to my "bungalow". As soon as I got there, all my fears disappeared. The room was spacious and elegant with a delightful patio outside. All the amenities in the room were excellent and most of all there was a quiet and tranquility which allowed for perfect relaxation.

Other parts of the hotel were more buzzy but you could retreat to the peace of your bungalow at any time if that is what you wanted. The restaurant was excellent and the waiters helpful and friendly. the concierges were outstanding - not only did they answer you question but gave lots of other relevant and practical suggestions.

The positioning of the hotel at the top of Rodeo Drive is superb if one fancied a stroll into Beverly Hills itself. There is a complementary car service which I have to admit was not available one of the times I wanted to use it but a cab was on hand in any event.

The only thing I didn't like was that the designated smoking area was outside the door i needed to go through out of the main area to get to my bungalow. A small thing to carp about. the gym is perhaps a little on the small side but the hotel arranged an excellent personal trainer to keep me in shape.

This is a hotel I felt perfectly at home and relaxed in. I cannot wait for a chance to make a return trip to LA to visit again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear PKFlanders,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel. I am thrilled you decided to stay with us and were pleased with your experience. I also want to thank you for your feedback on the gym and smoking area. Please know that we are very grateful for any feedback our guests are kind enough to provide us with as it is only in this way that we are able to continually improve the overall experience we provide our guests. I will be sure to follow up with the team on all of the issues mentioned in your review to see how we can best improve these areas.

There is no better compliment in the hospitality industry than for a guest to say they “felt perfectly at home,” it's great to know that you had such a memorable stay with us. We very much look forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This hotel is overrated.

Not by a little, but by a lot.

First off, the exterior: tacky.

If this was not the Beverly Hills Hotel, people would say this place looks like a dump from the outside.

Secondly, the staff. Stuck-up, arrogant, rude. From check-in, to security, right the way down to the pool boys. Unless you're an A-lister, be prepared to be treated like you are a homeless beggar, even though you might be paying $1500 a night for a bungalow.

Now, the rooms: I've been here for the past two years, and had bunbgalows both time. These are OK, but could do with updating. However, the highlight of the hotel.

People come here with their opinions already made up, as they want to believe this hotel is as good as it is made out to be.

The truth is that it is not.

It is overpriced, staff are poor, and rooms could do with a refurbishment.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear WorldTravellerMJB,

Thank you for the detailed review of your recent stay. After reading your candid feedback, I am left feeling quite upset to learn of your recent experience at The Beverly Hills Hotel. But I also greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with me, as it is only in this way that we are able to improve upon our shortcomings.

First, I must apologize on behalf of our entire team. What you encountered is exactly the opposite of what your experience should have been. There is absolutely no excuse for the fact that the staff seemed rude, and I am very sorry for this. We take great pride in providing Five Star service in all areas of our operation and it is most concerning that you did not find this to be the case. This is completely unacceptable and not reflective of the high standards that we work so hard to achieve.

While I was most disappointed to learn you did not enjoy staying in our bungalows, I very much appreciate your honest feedback and commentary. Please know that a majority of our accommodations are currently being refreshed, and all guestrooms and suites in the main house will be upgraded and enhanced by the end of 2015. This is the last phase of the hotel's ongoing restoration program, which included a refresh of the lobby, Polo Lounge, cabanas and Cabana Café.

Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This is the sort of place you leave with regret. The rooms were wonderful (I stayed in two room over the space of one week+.) Despite an ongoing renovation (and the recent kerfuffles regarding the owner's politics), there simply are not a lot of places with this quality and character, either in Beverly Hills, or LA, or the world. Every morning a swim in the usually empty pool ... breakfast lunch and dinners usually at The Polo Lounge (why bother going anywhere else, when you are already THERE where it's at?) Quality fare, a dedicated and attentive staff, on all levels. In a word, you're in the PINK.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the already renovated rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear M. C,

We wish you could live here too! I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay...from the rooms, to the pool, to the Polo Lounge. There is no greater compliment than "being in the PINK," so thank you for that! We also very much appreciate your kind words and support, now more than ever. Thank you again.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We now call the Beverly Hills Hotel The Pink Bubble. This is said with complete love and adoration for this hotel, and particularly for its stellar staff. It's because we never wanted to leave the grounds. The hotel, Polo Lounge, and of course the pool are truly amazing, and beautifully appointed. Understated yet elegant at every turn, I cannot compliment this hotel more. Yet what makes staying at the BHH more than just a stay at a gorgeous resort is the staff. The people are some of the most genuine, interesting and kind people imaginable. They genuinely care about each guest, and are fun and wonderful people. What an incredible experience. I can't thank this hotel enough. As far as the Sultan, it is difficult in this country to avoid doing business with anyone with whom we may have a philosophical, religious, political or moral disagreement. The staff deserve our support, and I will only frequent the BHH when I need to visit LA.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear marydresser,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Beverly Hills Hotel. "The Pink Bubble" is something that tends to happen to a lot of our guests...which is a great thing! Why leave if you have everything you need in one place?! I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay so much, especially the wonderful team members who make our hotel the special place that it is. They are the true heart and soul of our beloved property and I very much appreciate your recognition of the great job they do. Please also now that we truly appreciate your support, now more than ever. This means the world to us and I thank you for your kind words.

We hope you will be back to visit us soon!

Regional Director of West Coast USA and General Manager

Been to The Beverly Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!