“Historic and dignified luxurious hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Beverly Hills Hotel

You added The Beverly Hills Hotel to your Saves list
The Beverly Hills Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9641 Sunset Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90210-2938 (Beverly Hills)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Deluxe Breakfast Getaway
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Puglia, Italy
“Historic and dignified luxurious hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Nearly every aspect of this hotel is first class, accommodation, service, staff, furniture and fittings. Apparently this hotel is the place to see and be seen although I didn't see anyone of any note during my stay. I stayed in a bungalow which was exceptionally spacious and well appointed, very comfortable and quiet. The only negative in my opinion is the lack of drawer and hanging space. I was on a 3 week sojourn visiting various cities in the US so had lots of luggage. Strangely the room whilst large and accommodating only had two small drawers and hanging space for approximately a dozen items. Don't celebs travel with any luggage these days?

The restaurant in the Polo lounge is very good and there is an extensive wine list with bottles up to $10,000, can a wine really be that good? Whilst the cost of the room is good value, the food and wine can be pricey but what else do you expect in a world renowned hotel, with a star studded past.

Room Tip: A garden bungalow is probably worth that little extra for space, privacy and comfort.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Hetravels,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Pink Palace. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I also thank you for sharing your opinion on the lack of storage space in your room. In the future, should you require additional space in your closet, please do let us know when you arrive and we would be happy to place a rolling rack in your room.

I am pleased you enjoyed your dining experience in the Polo Lounge. We do have an extensive wine list and some of our prized bottles can be quite expensive, but we take pride in offering this special collection to our guests, as well as a wide variety of more moderately priced offerings to ensure that our extensive list enables us to accommodate everyone's needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regional Director of West Coast USA and General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

During my recent trip to the US, I decided to try one night at the legendary Beverly Hills Hotel - a place that a tour guide had claimed earlier that day to be exclusive for the rich and famous (of which I am neither). It was the night of the Golden Globe Awards a couple of miles away, which added an extra aura of glamour to the proceedings.

I had booked a Superior Room but was pleasantly surprised to learn that I had been upgraded to a room with a balcony when I checked in. The only downside is that my room was not ready until around 4 PM. But the room itself was lovely - and quite bigger than I expected. The balcony/patio was also fairly roomy, and had a table where you could sit and enjoy the surroundings. There was not much of a view, however. For that you had to get a more expensive room.

When staying at such a world famous property, you should expect a certain standard with regard to amenities, and I don't think The Beverly Hills Hotel disappointed in this regard. The room featured pretty much all the expected amenities, including a large TV with HD cable channels, a stocked mini bar, and even free Wi-Fi, which was a pleasant surprise. The bathroom was also quite beautiful and looked very luxurious.

I had lunch at the Cabana Café by the pool. While the pool area is great, the food (a burger) was pretty bad. There is a nice bar, though, and you can easily pass a day just by the pool. It's also possible to rent a Cabana, which is probably a costly affair.

My dinner was at the famous Polo Lounge. The food was good, and with a 29-page wine list, you pretty much have all the options you could think of in terms of getting a drink. And no, I did not spot any celebrities that night.

I didn't try the Fountain Coffee Room, but it looked cool, although seating is sparse.

The Beverly Hills Hotel is expensive, but more affordable than, say, the Bel Air, and for the most part the hotel lives up to its majestic status and historic value. It was definitely fun to try living as royalty, if only for a moment.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Rasmus H,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel. We do try to upgrade guests when possible as it a wonderful way to surprise and delight them. I am happy you enjoyed your room with a patio as well as all the amenities. It is great to know that you enjoyed the pool but I am very disappointed to hear you were not impressed with your burger. This certainly does not reflect the standards we have at the Cabana Cafe. I do thank you for your candid feedback, however, and will address your comments with our chef.

I am delighted you were able to join us for dinner in the Polo Lounge and that you enjoyed everything. Next time you visit I would recommend you visit the Fountain Coffee Room. It is small and the seating is sparse, but it is a true throwback in time and worth the wait.

We hope to welcome you back to the Pink Palace in the near future.

West Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We thoroughly loved our room, I believe it was one up from the standard and it was huge! Large bathroom, comfy bed and a fire place! (I don't think many rooms have a fire place, we just lucked out) The pool was fun, the service was great and they have hotel cars that, if available, will take you where you need to go. There was a large group of us, many of whom spend a lot of time at the BHH and love it. Worth checking out for sure!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear funjoy77,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Pink Palace. I am thrilled you enjoyed everything during your stay…from the spacious room, to the service, to the overall experience.
We truly appreciate you recommending the hotel and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at Beverly Hills Hotel in December. The room was absolutely stunning and we received excellent service. We had our Christmas lunch out in the garden restaurant, was awesome!
The spa is a must loved it.
Will definitely come back!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Denise V,

Thank you for reviewing your December stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and will be back to visit us again. We hope it will be soon!

london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We spent 2 nights over the Christmas period. After reading the good reviews of many hotels we decided on this one. We were in one of the newly refurbished rooms. The bed was outstandingly comfortable, the room a good size and all the usual amenities with complimentary shoe clean (which was a nice little touch) however for some reason the huge plant that the designer decided to place in the room was in such a stupid place that you couldn't get past it to get to bed. There was no complimentary water supplied which you would expect in a hotel of this calibre and the bathroom products were just disgusting. The last time I saw hotel toiletries of this kind was back in the 80's, not that I usually rely on the hotel's supply as I usually take my own but we were doing a lot of traveling around California so had to travel a little lighter than usual. But this really needs to be attended to as they were appalling. The hotel bar was closed whilst we were there which was such a shame as there was nowhere else in the hotel to have a drink other than the tiny bar in the restaurant which consisted of 5 stools and was extremely busy being Christmas Eve. The dinner that evening was a set course and revolting, so bad that we left half way through. Nobody asked us why and we were charged for the whole meal even though we didn't have it which left a little bad taste after our first night in California however the cafe downstairs does a fabulous breakfast. The pool area is lovely and the staff were great. Overall, if I was to find myself in LA again I would probably opt for a different hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear lux_chick,

I am most concerned after reading your comments, but I do thank you for your valuable feedback and candor. We clearly did not live up to both your expectations as well as the Five Star standards we set for ourselves, and I sincerely apologize for this. And knowing that this occurred over Christmas of all days makes this that much more unfortunate. To specifically address your comments, please know that complimentary water should be provided in every guestroom, and I will look into this along with the inconvenient location of the plant. I also want to let you know that we are in the process of replacing the existing toiletries with a new brand. As for your dining experience, yes the bar in the Polo Lounge is a small space and typically, Bar Nineteen 12 is offered as another alternative. On very rare occasions, it is closed and I am sorry that this was the case while you are there. But perhaps what is most disturbing is that your holiday meal was "revolting" and not worthy of finishing. I will also work to get the bottom of this and determine how this happened. We served over 250 satisfied guests that evening, but if there is one person that left unhappy, this is unacceptable. Thankfully, however, you enjoyed the Fountain Coffee Room and the pool area.

Should we lucky enough to have the opportunity to welcome you back to hotel, I would ask that you contact me directly so I can personally oversee your reservations. Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your detailed comments and we do hope you will consider returning to The Beverly Hills Hotel.

Whistler, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We recently returned to stay at the Beverly Hills Hotel, as a family of 5, staying in adjoining bungalows. All the staff we had contact with, from the front desk, concierge, staff in the Polo Lounge, valet, drivers, room service and housekeeping, were very obliging and certainly help make the stay at this wonderful hotel an overall enjoyable experience.

Love: the staff, the beds (among the best hotel beds we have slept in, even our kids slept in!), the gardens, The Polo Lounge, the ambience

Didn't Love: the location of our bungalow....it backed onto a service road, and a rather busy roadway. Our concerns about the noise from the roadway were taken onboard by the front desk, but as the hotel was at full capacity, we were unable to be moved to another bungalow. Having just arrived in LA after a long haul flight, we were even contemplating changing hotel, all in the name of sleep. As it turned out it wasn't that bad...the garbage truck/construction vehicle noise was much worse! Were woken by what we presumed were garbage trucks making an absolute racket at 6.45am one morning, after continuous loud noise outside our window for a period in excess of 20 mins I phoned the front desk, who were very sympathetic and offered to look into the issue. We later found out it was construction noise from a neighbouring site. The hotel was kind enough to compensate us for the associated noise problems.

The only other thing we really didn't like was their not being a stand alone shower in our room, the showers are still located over the bath. I think for such a luxury hotel, this is something that should be addressed.

The BHH is a very special place to stay, and we would consider staying here if visiting LA again, although only if we could be assured of a quieter location.

Room Tip: When booking a bungalow, check if it has a service road or main road at the rear.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Nicole M,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel. It was a pleasure welcoming your family of five back to the hotel. I am very happy to hear that the service provided to you throughout your stay was up to our Five Star standards.

I truly appreciate you providing feedback regarding the location of your bungalow and I understand how much of a disruption noise can be. But I am so pleased to hear it didn’t end up having a negative impact on your overall stay. Unfortunately, noise emanating from construction vehicles and garbage trucks in the surrounding neighborhood are not in our control. This is most unfortunate and we do wish there was more that we could do, but it comes with the (beautiful) territory of being in the heart of Beverly Hills. But what is in our control is the location of the bungalow that you stay in and knowing this, we will be sure to update your profile so that you are placed in a section of the hotel that is furthest from the street.

We do hope to welcome you back to the Pink Palace in the near future.

Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Friendly comfortable and a real experience not to be missed. We loved everything about the hotel and surroundings. The staff at the basement breakfast and snack bar were fantastic and provided good banter as well as service. Easy to get to everywhere including Rodeo Drive which was a pleasant walk away. I would definitely stay here again especially when on business next time. A most pleasurable experience. Best nights sleep in a hotel anywhere. Old school hotel with all modern amenities and top of the class!

Room Tip: Garden rooms are great. Peaceful and very quiet
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear KC2155,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel. I am pleased you loved everything about your experience…from your breakfast in the Fountain Coffee Room , to the location, to the service provided to you. We hope to welcome you back to the Pink Palace in the near future.

Regional Director of West Coast USA and General Manager

Been to The Beverly Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!