“Experience the difference!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Blacklion, Cavan, Ireland
“Experience the difference!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

A serious place well worth the experience alone.I love the history behind it and the staff are great too cant do enough for ya.Complimentary wine upon arrival is a nice touch.Dinner at the famous polo lounge is a must as well,if you fancy a night cap there is $6000 bottles of tequila knocking around at two am as well ..long story;-)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Barranman,

Thank you for your sharing your experience at The Beverly Hills Hotel. It sounds like you had a wonderful stay with us…from the service, to the Polo Lounge, to the $6,000 bottle of tequila ... cheers!

Please come back and visit us again.

Regional Director of West Coast USA and General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
London UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Just spent 5 nights in a Deluxe Suite, after a 10 hour flight from London, pulling up at the Valet was just so refreshing, we were treated like royalty. Front desk welcome, to the amazing Concierge, drinks and dinner at the Polo Lounge with our Children everything impeccable. The service everywhere is just outstanding. As a regular guest at Hotel Bel Air we wanted to give BHH another try after a previous disappointing stay, and was really very impressed. Thankyou for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear MylesLondonUK,

It was a pleasure welcoming your family to The Beverly Hills Hotel on your recent trip to Los Angeles. And it's great to know that you are a regular guest of our sister property Hotel Bel-Air.

We know how awful the long flight from London can be so we are happy to know we were able to ease the pain with a warm welcome. Thank you for giving us another try and letting us deliver the Five Star service we are known for. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Los Angeles.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at Four Seasons, The Peninsula, Greenbrier, etc. and did not realize that there is one higher level of service until my stay at this hotel. The staff seeks out your expectation and then tries to exceed it. Beautiful hotel-feeling of privacy. Polo Lounge is an experience - everyone gives you a second look to see if you are a celebrity of note.
Will be back.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear GuestTraveler5,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Beverly Hills Hotel. Your review made my day, and I am thrilled to hear how impressed you were with the service provided to you. It is great that you have now been introduced to the "Pink Palace" and we very much look forward to you return and hope it will be soon!

Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

This has to be one of the most delightful hotels in Southern California. The service is exceptional, the food is fantastic and the pool devine. It is worth every penny. A little bit of heaven is So Cal!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Startraveler92,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay…from the service, to the food, to the pool. We hope to welcome you back to "our little slice of heaven" in the near future.

Wyncote, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This was my second time at this luxurious Beverly Hills location, both times for work. After being blown away last year, this year I was left feeling aggravated. The attention to details were just lacking. I was put in a room where there was construction directly overhead--with the construction beginning before 8 a.m. and carrying through the whole day. Turn-down at night came at 10:30 one evening; far too late to make it useful. The fruit in the room was old and unappealing, flowers were not put in my in-room vase, and overall I was just left underwhelmed. While the staff listened to my complaints (particularly about the construction), I did not feel that anyone really cared. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: Insist that you do not get a room near the construction.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear GarlowFamily,

While I am most concerned to learn about your experience, I would like to thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. It is quite clear that you had two completely different experiences at the hotel from last year to this year, and this is most disconcerting. We strive for consistent service excellence and it is clear that we fell short of this.

I am extremely disappointed that your stay was disrupted by noise from construction. This is unacceptable and I do apologize. We always take great care to make sure construction causes the least amount of disruption to our guests, so it is particularly unfortunate that it has affected your time here. Please know that I am also looking into why your turndown was provided so late, as this certainly does not reflect the Five Star service we are known for. But perhaps above all, it is most upsetting to hear that you felt our staff did not care about your frustrations. It is actually the opposite, and we are very grateful for any feedback our guests are kind enough to provide us with. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to continually improve the overall experience we provide our guests.

I hope your recent experience will not deter you from considering The Beverly Hills Hotel on a return visit to Los Angeles, and I would be most grateful for any opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel. Please contact me directly to book your next stay and I will personally supervise your booking arrangements and ensure extra special attention is given to you. And again, thank you for taking the time to share your candid and valuable comments with us.

Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed for the first time and was impressed all the way - chic and elegant. Iconic hotel with pleasant and helpful staff, nice and spacious rooms, amazing swimming pool. I enjoyed great cocktails and live music and the Bar Nineteen 12 and LOVED breakfasts at the Fountain Coffee Room. Lunched at the Polo Lounge but feel this place is little overrated. Nothing more can be said about pool and spas - it is simply great.

(+) Location - right in the middle of American dream (90210) yet in close proximity to Hollywood etc
(++) - front office staff - both concierge and front desk - great recommendations, smooth checkin
(++) - complimentary car

Room Tip: Rooms on lower floors, check for walking distance to and from pool and bars (can take some time...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Milan P,

It was a pleasure welcoming you to the Pink Palace for the first time. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed everything…from the service, to the rooms, to Bar Nineteen12 and the Fountain Coffee Room. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The only negative about my stay in July (and sorry it's taken a while to post this) was the duration. But even one night is enough to experience the hospitality, elegance and charm of the BHH. my first impressions were how young the staff were - but don't let age fool you these guys and girls are trained to the hilt. I take my hat off to the Dorchester training programme because it provides exceptional service, unobtrusive, understated but all-class. Josh checked me in and showed me to my room, on the way giving me a great history of the property, the layout and answered my few questions. The banana leaf wallpaper I didn't realise had been there for years until I saw a documentary last week on actress Maggie Smith and there in a scene from California Suite (1978) they were walking down that exact hallway.

The room was a corner suite with a good decent sized balcony. But I was out of there pretty quick to wander around the grounds and then swung by the Polo bar for a pre-dinner drink that turned into a few more drinks and dinner at the bar (burger was great by the way). I can't recall the first bartender but he was great to chat with, as was some of the other patrons on the stools. The only comment about the bar is don't count on reading a newspaper as the lighting is very low and for good reason to create a great atmosphere and provide privacy.

Breakfast at the cafe was fast, good and pretty economical.

Will I be back? In a heartbeat

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear ZiggyNZ,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us…and have to agree with you that one night is not enough! I always suggest at least two nights to really enjoy everything the hotel has to offer.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your experience at the Polo Lounge and the Fountain Coffee Room. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel...and hopefully it will be for a longer duration next time.

Regional Director of West Coast USA and General Manager

Been to The Beverly Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!