“Perfect in every way” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 hotels in Beverly Hills
london
“Perfect in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Can not fault this hotel. Lucky enough to stay here for 2 nights in November -paid for by work.
Staff, location, rooms, service even the atmosphere are all what you would expect and some.
Staff somehow make it feel like a boutique hotel though it is much bigger than this - that is meant as a compliment
Happy days.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear mrmgardens,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel. I am pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and how pleased you were with the five star service you were provided. We hope to see you back very soon!

561 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend and from start to finish the staff were absolutely perfect. Anything you want is no problem. The rooms were very nice and the grounds were amazing. I will be staying here again!!! The only down side I noted (it never bothered the wife!!) was I sometimes enjoy a beer sat in the bar on an afternoon maybe watching the games, but the 1912 bar is not open during afternoon, nowhere to sit in the cool and relax, its only a small point and maybe other people like a afternoon beer in the cool watching the game or maybe they would prefer the bar not open. Just thought I would note it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear 2bstressfree,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and will be staying with us again! We used to have Bar Nineteen12 open during the day, but our mid-day customers were all visiting the Polo Lounge so we decided to make some adjustments to opening times. On your next visit, hop in the free courtesy car to our sister Hotel Bel-Air just 5 minutes away. The bar there is open during the day (with large TV) and you can sign your beer to your bill at The Beverly Hills Hotel.

Hope to see you again soon!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed there about a week ago and absolutely loved the place! Will defiantly go back. The location is top of the line, right on sunset blvd. Staff gave great recommendations for places to eat and explore. The group I was with liked the hotel just as much as I did as well. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear jamesl891 ,

Thank you for reviewing The Beverly Hills Hotel. I am pleased to hear you absolutely loved the place and will be back to visit us! We hope it will be soon.

Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Just returned after several years to this hotel, and have to say, it was as good as ever, maybe better. Ever been somewhere where there was not one thing that was not just great? The service, the food, the rooms, the ambience, what can I say, this place has it all. My favorites are the service, and the food. I love to eat, and am somewhat of a critical guy when it comes to food, so for me to say how great the food was, is a big compliment. Likewise, I am a tough nut about service, but they answered every request with wonderful accommodation and friendliness. I have to say, I am anxious to return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear ruslov,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and especially the service and food. We are anxious for your return, see you soon!

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I spent two nights at the end of October 2012. We had a wonderful experience. The staff were great, so friendly and nice to us. The Polo Lounge was fine for our dining needs. The pool was awesome too. So much history...Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Bazilu25,

Thank you for staying at The Beverly Hills Hotel and taking the time to review your experience. I am pleased to hear you had a wonderful experience and will be back to visit us again, hopefully it will be soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

A wonderful stay. Here's the rundown:

* Stayed in a bungalow King. Now, this isn't the whole bungalow, just a King room that has been locked off from the rest of bungalow. We stayed in bungalow 24, room "C." Still, very expansive and secluded as a standalone room. Bungalow 24 is one of the two newer "Presidential" bungalows. Perfection. The decor and ambiance is very much in line with the recently renovated lobby. A very consistent Dorchester experience while honoring the heritage of the property. Don't worry loyalists. The signature pink and green and banana leaf patterns are used in just the right places with the freshening up. Walked the grounds and saw other bungalow rooms. They were nice, but they have not been renovated and they were not the same look or feel as lobby or room I stayed in. They'll get there from what I understand is a two-year project without disturbing operations or the guest experience.

* I read one or two online reviews about housekeeping coming into guest rooms at inappropriate times. I have to say, housekeeping and in-room dining were fanatical about respecting privacy during my stay to the point that one nightly turndown was missed only because I accidentally left the "Do Not Disturb" button on. In-room dining always asked if it was okay to come into room even after I had opened the door.

* One minor irritant. After long flight from east coast and arriving after 9 p.m. to the hotel on a Saturday night, I wanted to just relax in the room that evening with room service. The thump-thump of live music from the hotel's bar/lounge Nineteen 12 (which is a GREAT room and spot for an evening drink) could be heard into the night even after lights out for me. It was only on the Saturday night that could be heard. All other evenings it was as quiet as could be.

Overall, great service, incredible location. I'll be back. Worth the splurge.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Patrick O,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review of your recent stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the design of the new Presidential Bungalows and the service provided to you. I am sorry that you were not able to relax the night of your arrival. The music you heard was from a wedding that was taking place at the hotel. I do apologize for any frustration this brought you.

We are looking forward to your return and hope it will be soon!

Aston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I travel extensively and stay at 5 star hotels in the states and abroad, we believe that the rating should be 5 star plus and than plus again, our experience here at The Beverly Hills Hotel was nothing short of spectacular. From the valets to the room service waiters to the front desk all were outstanding, especially Christine at the front desk, and our wonderful waiter of all time and places Eugene. We thank him for exceptional courtesies and the birthday dessert he graciously served to my wife. We also like to thank the Hotel for the wonderful birthday cake sent to our room as well as the fresh fruit. To all thank you for making our trip to California for my wife's birthday so special. Also to the Staff at the Polo Lounge thank you for making my wife's birthday dinner on Tuesday October 9 2012 so memorable. We will return.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd. Floor appear to be quieter, but found hotel to be quiet as well.