“LITERALLY the best hotel EVER” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Detroit, Michigan
“LITERALLY the best hotel EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I am a very lucky to have the chance to stay here.. I picked the right work trip of my husbands to tag along on. I recently stayed at the Plaza in NYC, I have stayed at The Hilton in Hawaii, and all were great, but Lermitage is WONDERFUL, AMAZING, EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE, BEAUTIFUL, I could go on. Upon arrival I was greeted by two amazing front desk people. Anna was so nice and let my children pick out a special prize. It was a really nice greeting. The welcome champagne was more than welcoming after my 5 hour flight. We were escorted to our room (we were also greeted from the cab by a wonderful valet staff who took all our luggage) and given a personal tour of all the amenities, including a one touch turn off all the lights button. We had chocolate chip cookies and fruit and nuts. The beds were nice and soft. Everything was pristine. The room itself was huge. We had a roll away brought up for my children. And still tons of room. There was complimentary water bottles. We have a small balcony. We actually thought it was just a window until we opened up the curtains in the morning. The bathroom is huge, a shower and an amazingly large tub. Both with hand held shower wands. Excellent shower gel, shampoo and conditioner. Bathrobes.Slippers.

The pool is BEAUTIFUL. There are pool toys for the kids. The pool is 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 feet. Which is great for swimming and relaxing. The pool has cabanas/tables you can reserve. The view is Breathtaking!!! You have a full view of the Hollywood Hills, downtown LA, Beverly Hills. The rooftop also has 2 other areas, I assume for a party or gathering. The pool attendant is amazing. He is always running around making sure everything is perfect. There is fresh fruit out, fruit-infused ice water, sun block and lotion. The poolside menu is also very good. We ordered the chips and hamburger. Worth the price.

Everything in this hotel is more than you could ask for. It is fancy with out being pretentious. Friendly, knowledgeable, professional staff... every single staff person we have encountered as been so wonderful.

Beautiful entrance. On our second night we had a lovely turn down service. Chocolates on the pillow. I think I could go on but I sound like a grandma talking about her grandchild... I can not find any flaws. Anytime my husband is coming back her for a work trip I will FOR SURE be tagging along and next time we come to LA for a vacation I will be staying here. I think this should be EVERYONE's first choice.

Room Tip: room 305 is very nice
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Holly B ,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your fantastic review.

I am so pleased to hear that you are enjoying your stay here at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills. We are honored to be considered "The best hotel ever!" I have shared your feedback with the entire team here and they were thrilled by such fantastic review of the service they provided as well as the hotel overall.

It is such a pleasure to have you and your delightful family here with us, and we look forward to having the opportunity to continue welcoming you back to L’Ermitage Beverly Hills!

L'Ermitage Beverly Hills

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My most recent visit to L'Ermitage Beverly Hills involved business mixed with pleasure. The hotel's amazing history, location, vistas and cuisine make every sense tingle with delight. The rooftop with its salt water pool is ideal for detoxing from travel. The hotel's services and amenities are unsurpassed. From arrival to departure, I experienced 5-Star service throughout my stay all the way from the welcoming valet service, to the smiling front desk, to the classic bar and memorable restaurant staff. The menu is filled with creative delights. Try the dill-flavored popcorn for fun. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Scott O,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this excellent review about L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the kind words regarding our service, rooftop pool and recently launched new LIVELLO menu.

We look forward to welcoming you back to L'Ermitage Beverly Hills again soon!

Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We LOVED our stay at L'Ermitage! We arrived close to midnight and the staff members were as fresh as ever. Super accommodating and friendly. Our room was excellent---when we entered the room, music was playing, bed was turned down, bathrobe on the bed, water and chocolate next to bedside and a "Welcome card" addressed to me along with 2 petit fours was on side table. My 12 year old daughter said "I think they think we are someone else"!!! Super comfortable bed. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant, Livello, and it was delicious. The pool was amazing---sad we could only enjoy for about an hour. Will highly recommend hotel and WILL return!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valerie K,

Thank you so much for submitting such a lovely review about L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

I am so pleased to hear that you and your daughter loved your stay with us. I will be sure to pass on your positive sentiments to the entire team.

We hope you will have the opportunity to spend additional time at our pool, on your return visit. We will have chaise lounges reserved for you!

Looking forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

With warmest regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

L'Eermitage delivers five stars on every level. Flawless check-in, lovely rooms with all the frills, a pool/sun deck worth cancelling your plans for, a cherry house car and one of the best group of staff in the industry. I would be a fool to not shout out the folks in housekeeping as well as room service, they really are working up a storm to make things fast and flawless. Everyone at the front desk was helpful and lovely and the gents out front were the perfect send off and welcome back to/from adventures. We've found our new home in Beverly Hills, see you soon L'Ermitage.

Room Tip: Higher floor might better if you are a light sleeper. I'm from NYC so car noise isn't a both...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear BigTrippinNYC,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review about L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

I am so delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay here with us. Thank you for the kind words about our staff, I will be sure to share your sentiments with the entire team.

On behalf of all of us, we look forward to welcoming you back to your "home" in Beverly Hills!

Rockport, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I enjoyed everything about my stay at L'Ermitage. The hotel is gorgeous, the room beautiful and quiet, the staff amazing and also personable -- very kind, and not at all stuffy. Anna and Samantha at reception were especially friendly and helpful, and Dana and Christine (at the concierge desk) gave wonderful recommendations and provided great service. Valet staff was exceptional and very good-natured as well. I stayed alone at the hotel for a week, and I felt like I was on a retreat but, and this is very important, I never felt lonely.

I also want to mention something that means a lot to me as a young woman who travels alone frequently: on any occasion that the staff had to enter my room, whether delivering my luggage, adjusting the air conditioning, or bringing room service, they always asked "May I come in?" That may not seem like a big deal but it is a tiny service detail that makes a tremendous difference. My privacy, comfort, and security were clearly important to all the team members. I can't say this about too many places I have stayed. I really appreciated this kind of service -- and it was everywhere throughout the hotel.

The critical reviews, I think, come from people who are looking for a shallow adult-Disney type of "luxury" experience, such as one would find at the Montage or the SLS. L'Ermitage is not that hotel. It is understated, not showy, and it is genuine; in other words, it is luxury with tradition, true luxury. Walking through the lobby is not a performance and people do not stay here to show off. The only "scene" here is grown-ups interested in being taken good care of in a peaceful and beautiful setting, and on that front L'Ermitage earns all five stars. I can't wait to come back.

Perfect location, excellent breakfast, lovely quiet pool... ok, now I am just embarrassing myself gushing about this place. It really is that good!

Room Tip: I liked looking out over Burton Way and the hotel entrance from the 4th floor. The street is not lou...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Sarah R ,

Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review of L'Ermitage Beverly Hills.

We are truly honored to hear that you "enjoyed everything" about your stay with us. Many thanks for the kind words regarding our staff. I will be sure to share your review with the whole team here at L’Ermitage.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to L'Ermitage Beverly Hills.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Everything you could want in a hotel was here. Good food, great staff and beautiful rooms. Ours had a view of the Hollywood sign. From the use of the hotel car to suggesting where to go, booking restaurants, to what to see was done with no apparent effort. They have a bar area, gym, rooftop pool ( with service available ) with comfortable sun loungers. You can if you want rent a cabana. A writing desk and stationery completed our room
Great place to return and return and return to

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear 21Davids22,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to L'Ermitage Beverly Hills many times in the future!

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Service, service, service that was #1. It was really outstanding at our recent 4 night stay at L'Ermitage. This was our first stay and will not be our last. The hotel is in a great location, quiet street but only a few blocks from all the Beverly Hills activity. The service was truly the highlight. From the very helpful doormen who could not have been nicer to the front desk staff, concierge, the great waiters/hosts at the restaurant for breakfast, housekeeping and poolside service I could not have been more impressed. A hotel would not make it on service alone though and in all other areas it did not disappoint. The room was large, extremely inviting, well lit, with a great bathroom (tub and stall shower) with great bath products. There was a very nice dressing area between the bedroom area and the bathroom. Entertainment was well thought out with a flat screen TV (although channels were not HD), stereo system, and DVD player. The pool on roof had great views and very comfortable chaise lounges. The restaurant, Livello, had a great patio and the food was excellent. We loved the waitstaff who clearly knew us after just a day of being there. As our daughter lives close by we plan on returning soon.

Room Tip: 6th floor room looking north was quiet and had a nice view of the mountains but also of buildings an...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear aztraveler5210,

I wanted to thank you very much for taking the time in writing this amazing review about L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

I am so delighted that you enjoyed all elements of your experience at L'Ermitage, from beginning to end!

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon!

L'Ermitage Beverly Hills

Been to L'Ermitage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!