“A great choice in chaotic LA” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast at LIVELLO
Ranked #3 of 14 hotels in Beverly Hills
Brisbane
“A great choice in chaotic LA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We are a family of 5 who stayed in 2 adjoining rooms for 3 nights from January 4. Whilst L'Ermitage is not the cheapest hotel choice in LA, it is without doubt the best, and if you book early and/or check their website regularly, you will get a great rate. We had stayed once before in LA in the downtown area, and while we enjoyed the accommodations, we found the surrounding area a little unpleasant. This time we loved the quiet, calm streets of Beverly Hills, the easy walk to Rodeo Drive and the open feel of the rooms. Our rate included breakfast, and it was sensational. Additionally, we used the Wifi access included in our rate, and it was perfectly adequate for our needs. (There is a higher speed Wifi service which is pY to use, but for leisure travellers, this was unnecessary). We didn't eat in the hotel at night, but rather walked up to the shopping area around Canon and Beverly. As many have said before, though, the most wonderful thing about this hotel was the staff - from our first enquiry to checkout, they were positive, warm and utterly helpful. There is no better choice - stop looking and book.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GuestRelations9291, General Manager at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear TheBrisli,

I am delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay here at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

Many thanks for the kind words regarding our staff here at L’Ermitage. It pleases me to hear that my staff were warm and helpful and I will be sure to pass on these sentiments to all. We hope the next time you stay with us you will get the chance to experience our restaurant Livello.

439 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Can I tell you I have stayed in this hotel at least 5 times in the past 4 yrs and it just gets better!I love the rooms facing Burton Way...you open the French doors and step out onto your baclony it it seems as though you can see forever!
this hotel is understated elegance, bathrooms are hugh and wonderful with seperate soaking tub and shower...beds extremly comfortalbe..every need met with a smile...service exceptional! oh and Rodeo Drive is just a short 10 minute scenic walk..but if you get tired the hotel will provide a car and driver free of charge to take you a short distance within Beverly Hills!

Room Tip: Once again request a room that faces Burton Way!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear SouthAmericaExpert,

I am delighted to hear that with each stay here at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills, your experience gets better and better.

Many thanks for the kind words regarding our hotel and the atmosphere here at L’Ermitage. I will be sure to pass on these sentiments to all.

The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

By far, one of the best hotels we have ever stayed at. Attention to detail was beyond expectations! Prior to my arrival, I had arranged through the conceirge flowers to be in the room, 2 hour private tour company in beverly hills and dinner reservations at Mastro's. Upon arrival through the conceirge, they also arranged a romantic private cabana lunch on the rooftop by the pool, champagne sent to the room, massage treatments for the next day and even took our order for room service breakfast along with printed directions to three locations I had inquired about. Great hotel from the valet, front desk, servers, and especially the conceirge desk whcih was incredible. Very personal service or as my wife called it, the pretty woman experience!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestRelations9291, General Manager at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Roger,

I am delighted to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your overall stay here at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills.

It pleases me to hear that my concierge staff were able to arrange for you the ultimate Beverly Hills Experience for the both of you.

Many thanks for the kind words regarding our staff and the atmosphere here at L’Ermitage. I will be sure to pass on these sentiments to all.

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Ok so I was not here for business, I brought 2 small kids and my wife. But we do a bit of travel and always to this level of accommodation.

We liked the quiet sophistication that embued the atmosphere; warm , pleasant , upmarket but not stuffy or pretentious . The location is great, near but not too near the hustle of Beverly Hills. The food especially the breakfast ( I can recommend in room breakfast - the presentation and quality was outstanding) was excellent. The hotel is probably needing a refurb in a few years but its easy to sleep and very comfortable.

However the staff were brilliant, how good ? well heres a few tests:

1. after checkin ( which was seemless ) I didnt have any time to think about wheres my bags , when suddenly the door bell rings. wait time 30 seconds !
2. concierge ( Sean you are great) - I rang him from Hawaii 3 days before as I wanted to get VIP tickets for Universal but had been rejected over the phone and via the internet due to some blip in my credit card ( not lack of funds LOL) but we came all the way from Aust and decided at the last moment to visit Universal and were on a tight timeline so VIP suited. Sean diligently took my details and got me tickets billed to my credit card the Universal wouldnt accept when I rang !
3. Gus and Marc and there are others at the front were always easy to chat to and genuinely provided great service.
4. We had a few minor issues but each time the CARE that the staff showed in solving the issues ; including providing alternate solutions, represented service of the highest level.

PS the pool is actually heated so very useable , its not busy and whilst small , makes a perfect spot for families.

Will be on my stay in LA list everytime we come over now .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear ET59,

I am delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your overall stay here at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills.

It pleases me to hear that Sean was able to help you and your family out with VIP tickets to Universal. Many thanks for the kind words regarding staff and the atmosphere at L’Ermitage. I will be sure to pass on these sentiments to all and especially Gus and Mark.

Macomb, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

So, there were a couple of minor issues. I did have a bad breakfast one morning along with a waiter who could care less. Also, the concierge was less than willing to assist me with my return trip arrangements. Other than these two little issues, my stay was superb!
At check in, the staff was very friendly and eager to assist. They even were able to meet my odd request of placing a oscillating fan in my room, and they did so promptly!
The rooms were incredibly unique. The decor was like a simple, modern japanese motif. It was a great look! The room was also spotless and very spacious. The pool area was small, but nice, and not over crowded.They have a great little lounge area with wonderful snacks and cocktails! The food here was outstanding as well.And the location...perfect. I was able to walk many places including Rodeo Drive. Very quiet, hidden hotel. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Georgiegirl,

I am delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay here at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills and that we were able to accommodate your needs.

Many thanks for the kind words regarding our Front Desk Staff as well as our guest rooms here at L’Ermitage.

Palos Verdes Estates, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed at the hotel while attending an event in Beverly Hills. From the moment I arrived I was treated to exceptional service that was welcoming but not contrived. Check-in painless and professional with reception walking me up to my room to ensure that it was to my liking. As to the rooms - wonderfully modern vibe with all the right conveniences. Large and well appointed bath, walk-in closet space and a large room size. Hated to leave but I'm looking forward to my return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear PVE Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate all the compliments and your feedback.

We are extremely happy that your overall stay here at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills was an enjoyable experience. Many thanks for the kind words regarding our rooms as well as our service here at L’Ermitage.

We look forward to your return and welcoming you back on your next visit to Beverly Hills.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

This boutique hotel supplies European service with a wonderful location Beverly Hills. you're walking distance from all the shops and restaurants in Beverly Hills. we are already planning a return for later this year.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Stanley,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback.

We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your overall stay here at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills. Please feel free to contact me directly then next time you visit and I will be sure that you are taken care of while here at L’Ermitage.

We look forward to welcoming you back later this year.

L'Ermitage Beverly Hills

Been to L'Ermitage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!