“Beautiful hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Sydney, Australia
“Beautiful hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend last year and I absolutely loved it! The service was really amazing, they helped us out with so many different things. They recommended a wonderful restaurant for dinner and a bar for drinks and we were even driven there free of charge by the hotel driver. Lots of nice touches like a welcoming drink and cake on arrival in our room. The room was really nice and spacious and very nicely decorated. It's also in an excellent location, only a few minutes walk from Rodeo Drive. I will definitely be staying here next time I am in Beverly Hills.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Megan Richards,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate all the compliments and your feedback.

We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your welcome amenity upon arrival as well as your overall stay here at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills. Many thanks for the kind words regarding our rooms as well as our staff members here at L’Ermitage, I will be sure to pass these compliments.

L'Ermitage Beverly Hills

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the month of Dec. and experienced what I think the best and most professional service in any hotel I've ever stayed in.(I travel all around the world) the front hotel staff is amazing and at point every time. The bell hop are amazing at what they do making me feel like royalty while I stay there. Overall highly recommended hotel if staying in the Los Angeles area without a doubt.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Paige Bateman,

We are extremely happy that your overall stay here at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills was one of your best experiences. Many thanks for the kind words regarding our staff members here at L’Ermitage, I will be sure to pass these compliments.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed here w/c 20th February 2012 for 3 nights and the hotel was truly exceptional. The suite we had was amazing, the hotel was truly a 5* plus hotel. The concierge that dealt with our enquiries on site was brilliant and their knowledge was fantastic. My only complaint that I have with the hotel is that when we telephoned from the U.K. direct to the hotel they did not tell us that the week we were staying at the hotel in February was The Oscars Aradrd Ceremony & pre-party nights, the days we stayed at the hotel they had private parties for the Oscars so some parts of the hotel ( Spa & swimming pools area ) were closed off to the hotel guests, so we were unable to use these facilities. They did not tell us on check in on arrival at the hotel & we were not pre-warned. This did mar our stay a little as we had taken shorts etc to swim and no apollogy from the hotel was given to this. However I would certainly stay at the hotel again but certainly not on Oscar week.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Darren,

We are extremely happy that your overall stay here at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills was an enjoyable experience. Many thanks for the kind words about our rooms and also our staff members here at L’Ermitage, I will be sure to pass these compliments to the concierge staff on your behalf.

Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Loved the personal service we received form the minute we exited our car. We had reserved through AMEX fine hotels for 3 nights and received an upgrade to a Premiere. If this is the top of the line for the regular rooms, the suites must be phenomenal.
We had a little glitch with our New Years Night dinner reservation, but they went out of their way to accommodate us and made our night memorable. Christine helped again later on with our car issue.
Our room had a large living area with a desk & chair, 2 side chairs with side table, and a king size platform bed and 42 inch flat screen TV. The lights can all be controlled from the bed, what a treat. There is a bar area in a walkway behind the (built in) bed which connects to the dressing area complete with 6 drawers, a built in safe, closet rod with hangers and a full lighted makeup mirror (5 foot by 4 foot) with stool. This connects to the nice large bathroom with a jetted tub. large walk in shower and separate stool area. The mirrored counter area is approx 6 foot long with drawers and cubbyholes for all your necessities.
Cleaning service, shoe shine , room service and laundry were all efficient, friendly and exceptional. Our room service orders always arrived in 30 minutes or less and the food was delicious most of the time and our server was always willing to please us. We had a small issue one day, but it was resolved quickly and efficiently.
We do have to mention the valet staff. Mannie and his fellow staff helped us when we needed to do minor work on our car. Mannie went well out of his way to provide the item we needed and then rolled up his sleeves and helped. That is the best service we have ever had.
Every time we left the hotel they opened the doors, greeted us by name and made sure we had water. When we would arrive back at the hotel we were always created by name.
Nightly Turn down service was nice as well as our New Years added treat.
I don't know why I would ever stay anywhere else after this stay.

Room Tip: The premiere rooms on the 7th floor are fantastic with a balcony
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear SmoothCJ,

We are extremely happy that you enjoyed L’Ermitage Beverly Hills over the New Years Eve season. Many thanks for the kind words about our staff members here at L’Ermitage, I will be sure to pass on these sentiments to all the staff and especially Manny.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The location, service, size of the hotel and very large rooms make L'Ermitage my favorite hotel in L.A. I went for two weeks around Christmas and they customized my room for the holidays, just as I had asked. A real tree, beautifully decorated, poinsettias, red blooming flowers. I was very pleased with the outcome. Whatever you want ahead of time, the manager will arrange.

The rooms are very big and the south facing ones look out over the red tiled roofs and palm trees of the Beverly Hills flats. With just eight floors, it is small enough to ensure terrific personal service. The concierge is always available and knowledgeable, the room service comes very quickly, which never happens in the bigger hotels, the car is brought up within minutes and the front desk staff can take care of things right away.

This was my second visit and while it wasn't bathing suit weather, it was on my prior visit and I never had a problem getting a chaise lounge, or pool side food and beverage service. I also like that bottled water is free and plentiful. The valets hand them out, the room is always stocked. There is fruit and ice tea in the gym. It is so annoying being nickel and dimed on these small touches at other hotels. The beds are super comfortable and the bathrooms are quite large. I also liked having big French doors to a Juliet balcony so I could let that great L.A. sun in each morning

The hotel is a two block walk to Beverly Hills proper and a 15 minute walk to Robertson. It's nice to go out for coffee and the paper without looking for parking spaces. There is a free car to take you or pick you up anywhere within a mile or two, but we didn't use it. And it is easy to get to the valley (Rexford to Coldwater Canyon) without going on the freeway. And from LAX, all that 405 and Wilshire or Santa Monica Blvd congestion can be avoided by taking 10 east to Robertson.

So I am sticking with L'Ermitage over my prior standbys - The Peninsula and The Montage. While they are lovely hotels, there is so much congestion and commotion going on at both of them. I've waited 15 minutes to get my car at The Montage. They hustle, but the volume of people using the valet is overwhelming. The hotel is just too big. And the noise from Wilshire Blvd is very annoying in the rooms unless you pay a bundle more for a courtyard room. At The Peninsula, they let all these locals rent out the cabanas, which leaves a few chaise lounges for hotel guests and rarely an umbrella. I always felt the hotel was full of L.A. people, dining and lounging, which made everything so congested and "a scene." And their gym is tiny. It's just quieter at L'Ermitage, the public spaces are ample for guest needs and the staff have the time to be friendly, cordial and accommodating. (On my prior visit, they even returned my rental car for me, for free!)

Room Tip: I was so happy with my room that I chose it twice. I like high up, south facing, to get the sun. I...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Ms. Beyrle,

It was a pleasure meeting you over the holiday season. I am extremely happy that you enjoyed L’Ermitage Beverly and that you will be visiting us again. Many thanks for the kind words about our staff members here at L’Ermitage, I will be sure to pass on these sentiments.

Please contact me directly when you are back in L.A.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Beverly Hills.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I spent 10 days in the hotel over Christmas and New Year.

The rooms are large and spacious which is great for an extended stay.

The style of the hotel is that of a luxury condominium, with the feeling that you are arriving home as opposed to a large hotel.

The staff could not be any more helpful and Christine at concierge was one of the best in Beverly Hills.

The food and room service was of a high standard.

My only negative comment is that they have closed the main restaurant and moved it into the lobby area, this had a very temporaray feel as they just moved the old restaurant furniture into the bar area.

I will be returning to LA this summer and will probably stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Ethansop,

We are extremely happy that you enjoyed L’Ermitage Beverly Hills over the Holiday season. Many thanks for the kind words about our staff members here at L’Ermitage, I will be sure to pass on these sentiments to all the staff and especially Christine.

Please feel free to contact me directly when you are back in L.A. over the summer.

Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I am very hard to please or impress! so it takes a lot for me to say this: This Hotel is outstanding in every way. I can"t say enough about the staff! From the valet parking team who greet you with the biggest smile, carry your shopping bags, offer you water for the road, directions, etc...to frontdesk who will help you pack at 4am!! to house keeping that runs anything to your room in minutes!!
. my Husband and I stayed there during New Year weekend, everyone went over and beyond to give us the best serivce! not one unpleasant person, not one dull moment! I travel a lot and my last stay was @ SLS Miami which didn't impress me a bit!
I wish every city I travel to have L'Ermitage!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Nassy21,

We are extremely happy that you enjoyed the L’Ermitage experience and we were able to impress you. Many thanks for the kind words about our staff members here at L’Ermitage, I will be sure to pass on these sentiments.

Please feel free to contact me directly next time you visit.

L'Ermitage Beverly Hills

Been to L'Ermitage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!