“Convenient and faultless” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Madeira
“Convenient and faultless”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I recommend this friendly hotel which is well located in Beverly Hills, walking distance to fancy Shopping area around Rodeo drive. Staff is helpful and professional. Rooms are large and well appointed, with a minimalistic design. Avoid rooms straight on Burton Way as they are not soundproofed and noise from heavy traffic can be disturbing. Bathrooms are large with separate tub and walk-in shower. Restaurant and bar are fine. They have free Wifi which works well.

Room Tip: Avoid those overlooking Burton way as they are noisy
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate all the compliments and your feedback.

Many thanks for the kind words regarding out hotel, staff and service and amenities we provide. We pride ourselves on our professionalism and also on making all of our guests feel right at home while staying with us.

Please feel free to contact me directly next time you visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Beverly Hills.

L'Ermitage Beverly Hills

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I recently went to LA for a medical meeting. There was no question as to where I would stay based on previous experience, back to when it was a Raffles property. I do believe that the level of service has not changed under the new management (2 visits) As I left my car at the curb, the valet notified the staff of my arrival and from that moment on they all knew me by sight. Even the housekeeping staff called me "Mr. John".
It is a perfect location in a residential neighborhood in Beverly Hills and has the feel of a private club, as opposed to some of the other opulent big hotels in the vicinity. To me this place is special. Needless to say, hotels in Beverly Hills are expensive; but I was able to find a discounted rate and a 3rd night free via an internet site.
I recommend requesting a room with a real balcony (for example #201) overlooking Burton Way.

Room Tip: As mentioned above seek a room with balcony like #201
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Dr. Murphy,

We are extremely happy that you enjoy your experiences during your stay here at L’Ermitage. Many thanks for the kind words regarding our staff, our service and the feeling that you are in a private club.

Please feel free to contact me directly next time you visit.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have been lucky enough to stay in some of the world's best hotels, but service here puts the rest to shame. The staff are already at least 2 steps ahead of you in thinking of what you might want or need and cater accordingly. Nothing is any trouble whatsoever and the friendliness that runs through the staff is truly memorable, it is like staying with friends! I would like to thank all the staff for making us feel so welcome, with a special thank you to Tatum in the bar for being one of the finest ambassadors a city could ask for, admirably backed up by Merissa in the restaurant. Do not look anywhere else to stay in the Beverly Hills area, the best hotel I have ever stayed at. Thank you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Richard,

We are extremely happy that you enjoy your experiences during your stay here at L’Ermitage. Many thanks for the kind words regarding our staff, we pride ourselves on the service we give to our guests and I will be sure to share your sentiments Tatum, Merissa and the whole family here at L’Ermitage.

Please feel free to contact me directly next time you visit.

Your friends here at L’Ermitage are look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home in Beverly Hills.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have stayed at the hotel during all my visits to Los Angeles and have never even looked at other options. I always feel like I am at home. The hotel is just the right size to give individual attention and the staff is super friendly and always at service. The rooms are nice and large and there is ample room to lounge around and relax in the room

Dear Mr. Sanaulla,

We are extremely happy that you enjoy each experience and we exceeded your expectations during your stays. Many thanks for the kind words regarding our staff, we pride ourselves on the service we give to our guests and I will be sure to share your sentiments with the whole family here at L’Ermitage.

Please feel free to contact me directly next time you visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home in Beverly Hills.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Like a lot of your reviewers, I travel a lot for business. You hope the hotel will be okay, that the bed will be comfortable, that the shower will be good, and that the wifi will be consistent. Anything else is a plus. Well, there were lots of pluses at L'Ermitage. From the moment you pull up, everyone you meet is going out of their way for you. I don't know how they remembered my name but they all seemed to know it, and nothing I asked or needed was too much trouble. Other hotels at this level - and some within blocks of L'Ermitage! - fail to live up to this standard. Small example: I was there from Tuesday to Friday and then left for the weekend, returning on Sunday. They not only stored my luggage for me, but packed up and stored some food items I left in the drinks fridge in my room. They scanned documents for me, and above all else, they sent me out of the door every morning with a smile on my face. Seriously, my new home from home in L.A.

Room Tip: If you want to use the gym, ask for a room on the 8th floor!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Mr. Dunne,

Words cannot express how delighted I am that you enjoy every experience while staying at L’Ermitage.

Many thanks for the kind words regarding out hotel, staff and service and amenities we provide. We pride ourselves on making all of our guests feel like they are a Hollywood Stars and that they feel right at home while staying with us.

Please feel free to contact me directly next time you visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your new Beverly Hills home.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I highly recommend L'Ermitage Hotel in Beverly Hills. First let me say that I travel extensively for business. I like spacious rooms, a lot of closet space, washrooms with large vanities, showers with strong water pressure, beds that are in excellent shape with high end bedding and towels. This hotel exceeds my expectations in the quality of the physical space and the staff I would give them a 10 out of 10! they are that good.

I love their attention to my preferences. The staff call you by name and bend over backwards to make you feel pampered. Their concierge staff have a lead on the best restaurants having done excellent research. Te front desk staff are fantastic anticipating your room preferences etc. The restaurant staff are also top notch. Everyone is extremely respectful. So this is my home away from home and I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the vanity in the hallway leading to the washroom. Other than that they are al...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, November 7, 2012

We are extremely happy that you had a great experience and we exceeded your expectations during your stay. Many thanks for the kind words regarding our staff, we pride ourselves on the service we give to our guests and I will be sure to share your sentiments with the whole family here at L’Ermitage.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Absolutely loved this hotel. From the minute we arrived in a taxi the service we received was the best ever. We were checked in from our room, which was great after a 12 hour flight. The room was large and well presented, the bathroom especially was fabulous.

Everything was great, won't go into too much detail as everyone else has already said it. But I absolutely MUST point out what makes this hotel stand out from other very good 5 star hotels is the staff, everyone was brilliant, so polite with a 'nothing too much trouble' attitude, they really can't do enough for you, they make the experience brilliant. Special mention to the lady that's was around at breakfast, she was wonderful, so friendly with lots of information, I'm sorry I can't remember her name but she had lived in the UK and in Stretford near Manchester at some point, she was just so welcoming with lots of tips and friendly advice. The concierge was very good, spent time and arranged a personal trip of stars homes for us which was great, but again thank you to everyone who we came into contact with, that's how a great hotel should treat it's guests.

Anyway, thank you for a great experience, we will be back next year!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, November 2, 2012

We are extremely happy that you had a great experience and enjoy our hotel. Many thanks for the kind words regarding our staff and service we provide. I will pass on your sentiments to Britt Morrow who looked after you during your breakfast service.

We pride ourselves on the service we give to our guests and I will be sure to share your sentiments with the whole family here at L’Ermitage.

Please feel free to contact me directly next time you visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Beverly Hills and to your new L’Ermitage Family.

L'Ermitage Beverly Hills

Been to L'Ermitage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!