There are some things to like about L'Ermitage: the food is excellent, and the service is also very good. However, the construction is cheap and the "look" of the hotel is created with wooden grids stuck onto the walls - nothing more. Our room, although spacious, was sparsely furnished with large expanses of unadorned plaster and paint walls. The wall that should have been windows was mostly consumed by a massive built in TV cabinet leaving only a double glass door that opened onto a tiny stand-up balcony such that one has to go outside to see anything much at all. The plumbing fixtures are cheap and tarnished, and the the shower door opened in to the shower stall and hit up against the shower head. There is no handle on the inside of the shower stall with which to close the door behind you. Sockets and switching are poorly done; although an iPod player / charger sits on one bedside table there is no socket even close to the other side of the bed. The bed is low, although quite comfortable, and doesn't have a conventional headboard that accommodates a propped up pillow for sitting up in bed. Heating and cooling throughout the hotel was spotty and inconsistent. The breakfast and lunch room is charming with a beautiful tree for a centerpiece, and the food was quite delicious. The restaurant was not open on the evening of our visit, but an excellent meal was served to us in the lounge. In short, this hotel is trying to be something it is not. It isn't very old, yet is already showing its age, and will decline quickly without a serious injection of TLC. It is much more show than substance and discerning travelers will likely be better of at other luxury properties in the area.
- Also Known As:
- l`Ermitage Beverly Hills Hotel
- l`Ermitage Beverly Hills Hotel Beverly Hills
- Raffles l Ermitage Beverly Hills
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L'Ermitage Beverly Hills stands among the finest of Beverly Hills California luxury hotels, a stately property embodying the spirit of a sophisticated private club and a gracious urban residence.Peacefully situated on a tree-lined residential street, yet a short stroll from the bustle of Rodeo Drive, this boutique Beverly Hills hotel is renowned for its legendary elegance and unquestioned privacy – drawing discriminating clients from the world over.Guests enjoy quick access to the city’s cultural attractions, prime entertainment centers, shopping destinations and celebrated beach towns. Acclaimed dining and lounge choices, private dining and meeting spaces, a stunning rooftop pool retreat, an intimate spa, and spacious, sumptuously outfitted guestrooms complete the best-in-class experience visitors have come to expect from this luxury Beverly Hills California hotel.Enter a private sanctuary where luxury and serenity reign. Where balconies offer magnificent views of the surrounding city and hills. And where pampering amenities and up-to-the-moment technologies combine to assure an inspired, restful stay.Featuring a sophisticated California aesthetic with accents of the Far East, each of the hotel’s guestrooms and suites reflects the property’s laid-back sensibility and cosmopolitan decor. Smart, stylish, secluded: accommodations at this luxury Beverly Hills hotel immerse guests in the true spirit of repose – and take delight to another level. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Amex, Hotels.com, Otel, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your L'Ermitage Beverly Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.