“It Doesn't Get Better Than This” 5 of 5 stars

You added The Peninsula Beverly Hills to your Saves list
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9882 South Santa Monica Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90212   |
Special Offer
Unlimited Minibar + more!
Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Beverly Hills
New Braunfels, Texas
“It Doesn't Get Better Than This”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

From the pickup at the airport to the sad day when you check out - this hotel goes above and beyond any hotel experience you've ever had. Customer service is unparalleled, room service is lightning fast, friendly staff, amazing hotel rooms that make you feel like you're home. (Stay in the villas for an extra special treat.) Going out to dinner? Forget the rental car, or a taxi - have the hotel car take you. Why? All hotel cars are Rolls Royce's. If you ever wanted to see how VIP's get treated in the real world - stay here. You'll be pampered and never want to go home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ThePeninsulaBH, General Manager at The Peninsula Beverly Hills, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Steve S,

Thank you so much for your fabulous review! My staff and I are delighted that you had such a wonderful time at The Peninsula, enjoying all the fantastic amenities like the Rolls Royce house car and room service. We truly appreciate your kind words and we're happy you felt like a pampered VIP - we strive for all our guests to have that experience.

Please come back and stay with us again soon so we can pamper you some more.

Warmly,

455 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I drove up from Newport Beach with our dog for a weekend stay at the Peninsula--our second time visiting in a year.

We enjoyed our Superior Suite immensely, very spacious living and bed rooms, with plenty of light and a nice balcony, as well. The bathroom was a bit small for the size of our suite, but we really loved the Suite as a whole.

We had a minor service glitch on arrival, waiting over 40 minutes for our "complimentary welcome drinks" to be delivered to our room. We had to call twice before they finally arrived--with no genuine apology or explanation ever really offered. A smal service glitch, to be sure, but an unexpected poor Peninsula moment for us.

Otherwise, service was flawless for the duration of our stay. Housekeeping, valets, restaurant, front desk--all were up the regular Peninsula standards of excellence.

We had breakfast on Saturday morning in the Belvedere restaurant--and it was very good.

Sunday brunch at Belvedere was quite disappointing, however, in that the menu lacked interesting breakfast-oriented options and seemed far more geared as a hearty lunch; as a result, we opted to order from the regular breakfast menu. We would not return to the Peninsula for their Sunday brunch unless they updated the menu offerings and really made it more substantial and impressive.

On the other hand, we were chauffeured twice in their hotel car back and forth between dinner at Urasawa Friday night and the SLS Hotel on Saturday night--gratis, even though they had said we'd be charged for the Saturday night. It was odd that the Friday night trip was supposed to be free and the Saturday night trip was supposed to cost $20 since both trips were to nearby locations in Beverly Hills. But we appreciated the hotel not charging for the second trip.

We had pre-dinner drinks with a large group of friends on Saturday night in their Bar, and the staff there couldn't have been more helpful and friendly in accommodating us and our friends. What could have been a difficult experiences turned out to be a very easy evening.

My husband had a massage, and he said he very much enjoyed the treatment. He was less enthralled with the Spa facilities themselves, saying it was a relatively small, less than impressive space.

Overall, we still love the Peninsula. They treat us as family, and they do go out of their way almost always to make us feel like we are at home there. We will still return!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ThePeninsulaBH, General Manager at The Peninsula Beverly Hills, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Tar Heel Bill 92,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent visit to The Peninsula Beverly Hills. I’m pleased to know that you had an excellent stay despite a couple minor issues. Our sincere apologies for the lapse in service with regards to delivering your welcome drinks. As you know, we hold ourselves to very high standards and strive to provide our guests with impeccable service and memorable experiences.

Your suggestions regarding brunch have been passed on to our Dining staff. We appreciate your comments and have noted your preferences accordingly.

We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you (and your dog) back in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly should you have any concerns in the future – 310-788-2300.

Kind regards,
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have been a frequent guest of the Peninsula Beverly Hotel. In fact, I preferred it to the Beverly Wilshire hotel (see my earlier review). However, I was disappointed with my recent stay.

I booked through the Amex FHR program and booked a Deluxe room. Guess what! My "upgraded" room was also a Deluxe room (there were rooms available-I checked). A least at the Beverly Wilshire hotel, I would get upgraded to a two room suite or a suite with a balcony-no such luck at the Peninsula!

On previous stays, there would always be fruit available in the room on check in. It wasn't the case this time unfortunately. No bottle of water either!

The wifi Internet is incredibly slow. I have been downloading a movie on my IPad for the past 2 hours and I reckon it will take a further 2-3 hours.

I don't know what's with the TV reception. It frequently loses reception and a message appears "Television signal has been lost. View other programming. Or contact your operator."!!!!

I ordered room service breakfast as I have on numerous other occasions. I can understand cost cutting, but they've shrunk the size of the chocolate croissants incredibly! Yet, the price has not shrunk!

At $600 per night, plus taxes etc., I was very disappointed with the room I received and the amenities offered. The one redeeming feature of this property is the staff. They continue to provide excellent service. Will I stay again at the Peninsula Beverly Hills? Not likely!

(As I have been writing this message, I have lost TV reception in my room 3 times. I took a picture of it once - see attached.)

Sorry Peninsula Beverly Hills!I really liked you, having stayed at your property, and your sister property in Tokyo. However, your standards seem to be going down-at least that was my recent experience!

(So that the hotel realizes that I am not hiding behind a cloak of anonymity, I completed the in-room questionnaire addressed to the General Manager and provided my name and contact information as well.)

Room Tip: Don't bother booking under the Amex FHR program.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ThePeninsulaBH, General Manager at The Peninsula Beverly Hills, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear FreqTraveller68,

Thank you for choosing to come back to The Peninsula Beverly Hills for your recent visit. I apologize for not meeting your expectations with regard to your AmEx FHR booking. We try our best to accommodate upgrades whenever possible and do so ; however, the hotel’s occupancy and availability at times can pose a challenge.

Regarding the technology concerns, since receiving your feedback, we have checked all wifi and TV connections and confirmed all is working properly. Should you have any technology issues on a future stay, please contact us and our IT department would be more than happy to assist you.

I hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future, where I would personally see to it that you have a better stay. Please contact me directly at (310) 788-2300 if you wish to discuss your experience further.

Best,
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My second trip to this amazing hotel, this time with the family in tow. The Peninsula (BH) is one of the few hotels that aims to exceed your expectations from the time you check in until you leave. Our family of 4 were upgraded to a suite on arrival, there was a chocolate plate with the children's names on it in the room, personalised letter from the GM and of course the embroidered pillows... Late check out was not a problem (9pm), complimentary popcorn with the DVD. In a world of mediocre 5 star hotel chains the PBH is exceptional in every way. I will be sure to make this stopover every time I am in the US. Thank you !!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ThePeninsulaBH, General Manager at The Peninsula Beverly Hills, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear familyof997,

Thank you for choosing to return to The Peninsula Beverly Hills with your family last month. We truly appreciate your kind words and are thrilled you and your family had such an enjoyable stay with us. Glad you enjoyed the flexible check out and monogrammed pillowcases.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next stopover in LA!

Best,
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

An absolutely first class hotel, beautifully decorated, coupled with wonderful, sincere service. Every detail was attended to and our pillowcases were embroidered without initials. Champagne was on ice when we arrived to our room. Everything was simply perfect!

Located perfectly next to shopping on Rodeo Drive Two.

We will definitely return for the Prime Time Emmys in February.

• Stayed September 2012
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

It is really difficult in L.A to have a location that is close to everything. Having stayed at The London West Hollywood several times, I much prefer the location of The Peninsula. Walking distance to Rodeo Drive and everything Beverly Hills has to offer you are never stuck for choice, shopping or restaurant wise.

I stayed for three nights in a Deluxe King room. The rooms are just gorgeous, with beautiful pink marble bathrooms. The rest of the hotel is what you would expect from a 5 star hotel, with a well equipped gym, and gorgeous rooftop pool (which I was able to make good use of even in November).

One of the best aspects of the hotel is the flexible check in/out times. Being able to checkout at 8pm on my last night before a long flight back to Australia was really fantastic.

Highly recommended for all types of trips, and I will definitely be staying here again on my next trip to L.A.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Just back from staying here.... absolutely great location for Bev Hills shopping etc etc.

Booked 3 nights in a standard room. The room was much larger than expected, with large writing desk, kingsize bed, very large flatscreen tv etc. Nice view down over the entrance and even though facing Santa Monica Blvd there was no noise. Bathroom large, but no separate shower. Standard of housekeeping etc was always very very good.

Restaurant meals were of the highest quality and the service throughout the restaurant was always fantastic.

Our only issues were that the hotel is frequented by a lot of locals and the common areas are impossibly busy - we were never able to sit at the bar in the evenings, or take tea in the lounge it was so busy! The publicised comp car service is only very local too... and books out in advance also!

In all, we highly recommend the hotel (others seem to be a lot of smoke and mirrors) while the Peninsula is quality accommodation, but just dont expect to be able to use the extra stuff! You will need a car in LA, and its worth noting that theres only valet at this hotel.... but that all LA for you.

Room Tip: higher level is quieter
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Peninsula Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!