As we visit LA regularly, the Peninsula Beverly Hills has been on our must-visit list for years. Now that we’ve finally been there, we’re looking forward to returning. In fact, although we are diehard Four Seasons fans, the Peninsula Beverly Hills may displace our usual LA standbys (the Beverly Wilshire and the Four Seasons LA).
The Peninsula is a bit old-school in some ways: it has a clubby, almost old-fashioned vibe, but the modern amenities and strong service culture make a stay here a relaxing, enjoyable experience. The service is indeed highly professional and very personal: it was almost too much at first, but we liked it once we became accustomed to it (it’s too bad the service in the bar was so inconsistent). Highlights included the helpful, friendly concierge, professional front desk staff and wonderful restaurant staff (particularly at dinner on our first night).
Our room (a deluxe king) featured a very comfortable bed with a desk and chair, seating area and large, beautiful bathroom. We didn’t need to use the fax machine, but it was a nice touch. We were impressed by how quiet the room was too - we slept very well and rarely heard any outside or hallway noise.
The spa area on the top floor is beautiful and we look forward to our next visit when we hope to have time to use the pool and try the spa services (we only had time to try the rather small steam room on this visit).
The Peninsula’s combination of comfort and grace is perhaps what makes a stay here so nice: it’s not that other hotels (including our fave Four Seasons) aren’t as good, it’s that the overall experience of a stay at the Peninsula is more consistently enjoyable than some other properties in the area. Yes, the location of the hotel on Little Santa Monica Boulevard is a bit odd, but it’s very convenient for shopping and dining in Beverly Hills and it’s easy to get to from LAX.
We like this hotel and we look forward to returning so that we can determine if our first impressions were correct. For now, we’re just happy for the experience and glad we finally visited what may become one of our favorite LA hotels.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Beverly Hills Hotel
- The Peninsula Beverly Hills Hotel Beverly Hills
- Peninsula Beverly Hills
- Beverly Hills Peninsula
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As Los Angeles' most exclusive and elegant hotel, The Peninsula Beverly Hills resembles a gracious private residence built in the classic Renaissance style. The hotel is tucked amid lush gardens in a quiet corner of the city, offering luxurious comfort, sophisticated facilities, a tranquil spa, extraordinary dining and legendary Peninsula service. Our 194 guest rooms, suites and private villas were all elegantly refurbished in 2011, featuring new furniture and upgraded technology. Conveniently located near Beverly Hills' most important business, shopping and entertainment areas, The Peninsula Beverly Hills is the ideal destination for business executives, leisure travelers and families alike. Unique to the hotel is our 24-hour check-in/check-out experience, meaning you may arrive and depart at your leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Amex, getaroom.com, Venere, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Peninsula Beverly Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.