“Just perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Peninsula Beverly Hills

You added The Peninsula Beverly Hills to your Saves list
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9882 South Santa Monica Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90212 (Beverly Hills)   |
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Switzerland
“Just perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Service and staff are just perfect! I worried first if "normal" tourists are welcome here but there was no need to worry: They treat every guest like royality no matter what car you drive, what you wear and what room you book.
Quality and presentation of food is top,we had breakfast on the rooftop and lunch at the pool. Hotel grounds is small but gourgeous, we loved the rooftop pool and breakfast on the rooftop terrasse. Well equipped gym on the top floor next to the rooftop area.
We had a basic room which was in a traditional floral styl while I prefer modern style. I still loved the room as it was luxurious, had a good size and was very sunny with floor to ceiling windows. I asked for a sunny room and we got one on a high floor (4th floor, room Nr. 462, facing the entrance and the neigbourhood with lots of sun. We never had a problem the get a sun lounger at the rooftop pool while cabanas (while expensive) were booked all the time. The hotel is in a quiet and clean surrounding with beautiful houses, close walking distance to beverly hills and about 30 minutes driving to Santa Monica and Universal studios. On several nights, we had the complimentary house car (Rolls Royce) to take us to a restaurant in Beverly Hills. What an experience! Lots of nice restaurant close to the hotel ("Piccolo Paradiso" was our favourite). Don't look any further, this is the place to stay in LA. Yes, very expensive but worth the price!

Room Tip: top floor, facing the entrance (for a sunny and bright room).
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ThePeninsulaBH, General Manager at The Peninsula Beverly Hills, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear luxuryvoyage,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Peninsula Beverly Hills on TripAdvisor. The entire team here greatly appreciates your glowing review about the service and staff. I'm delighted you liked spending time at the rooftop pool and Roof Garden restaurant, and am glad you enjoyed being chauffeured around Beverly Hills in the Rolls Royce.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Peninsula on your next trip to Los Angeles!

Best,
Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Booking through Advantage Platinum Travel on this first time Penninsula BH stay gave us no upgrade because, Christine at the front desk explained, "we are always at capacity and because you requested 2 single beds." Had Platinum Travel known this they could have removed the property from its program, offering what seems to be impossible to upgrade on any request for a 2-bedded room. Our room 216 needed a call to Engineering immediately for a burned out lightbulb by one bed, and then for the aircon making too much noise which the engineer confirmed needed to be replaced immediately. The floor tiles in the bathroom make noise when walked on--moving in place, and the marble around the tub is stained from years of various things (coffee cups, soaps, etc). Maybe the Penninsula is THE place to feel special when booking a suite, but this room needs a redo for sure. And the Amex Plat Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit supposedly includes continental breakfast for two, right? Upon check-in we were informed that this includes a cap of $44, but the continental breakfast on the menu outside shows $25 per person as the least expensive continental breakfast (for a total of $50), making the Platinum offer impossible as every guest will have to add to his or her breakfast bill. I commend Manager Jim Assi for his dedication to making each guest feel welcome with a welcome drink and personal escort to each room. Not impressed by the hotel amenities, not quite the luxury of the Chanel of Penninsula Hong Kong. The sleep aid drink by the bed for goodnight is a nice touch having flown in from Asia, but juxtaposing Hong Kong Penninsula and this one within 2 hours really shows how this hotel pales in comparison.

Room Tip: It must help to know someone here other than getting a rack rate room from a travel agency like Amer...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
ThePeninsulaBH, General Manager at The Peninsula Beverly Hills, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear globaltravelkid,

Thank you for choosing The Peninsula Beverly Hills for your recent visit to Los Angeles. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with your Platinum reservation. Although we try our best to accommodate upgrades; at times the hotel's occupancy can make that challenging. With regards to breakfast, I just want to clarify that Fine Hotels & Resorts includes Continental Breakfast ($19 per person), not American Breakfast ($25 per person). I'm sorry if there was any misunderstanding about the specific breakfast inclusions.

I do hope we'll have another opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future, where I'd be happy to ensure you have a most enjoyable stay - and would do everything possible to ensure you receive your upgrade. Please feel free to contact me at (310) 788-2300 if you wish to discuss this further.

Kind regards,
Warwickshire UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

From the moment you arrive at The Peninsula you know very well that you are going to be properly looked after.

I have stayed at The Peninsula on several occasions over the last dozen or so years and each and every time I return I am fascinated by the level of service afforded to the patrons. Indeed, it just seems to get better; clearly the more hotels I stay at the more I appreciate The Peninsula.
Upon checking in I was asked what was a convenient time for housekeeping to carry out the evening turn down and the daily room service. I have yet to come across another hotel that stops to think about the total convenience of their patrons.

My last visit to Beverly Hills was in May 2012. At that time I thought it would be interesting to stay at The Wilshire as it is renowned across the globe – it is not close to the league The Peninsula operates in; I certainly regret not staying in my regular hotel!

Of course there is always something that doesn't measure up, that said, in the case of The Peninsula, it is the minor issue of the hotel car not travelling as far as Santa Monica – disappointing but there you have it my only complaint!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Los Gatos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

There are not enough words to describe how amazing The Peninsula of Beverly Hills is. I travel A LOT and stay in very pricey hotels. I have to say, I have NEVER been treated as well as I was in this establishment. I was traveling with my best friend and our daughters. I was worried about having young children here. I felt like every staff member rolled out the red carpet and treated us like royalty. Valet, check-in, room-service, pool staff, spa staff, and restaurant staff... EVERYONE was FABULOUS! I will ONLY stay in this hotel in Beverly HIlls again. I always stayed at the Wilshire before, and I was not treated 1/5 as well as at the Peninsula. Special thanks to Mr. Berger. Our experience was nothing short of amazing.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

The Peninsula chain is always one of our go-to hotels when we travel. The service is usually extremely good and the hotels are always very well appointed. On this stay, I was upgraded to the Presidential Suite (had reserved another smaller, villa suite). The Presidential Suite was very spacious and comfortable. Service was extremely good, as always. Several hiccups at the rooftop restaurant where we dined Saturday night, which included not remembering one of 6 diner's meals correctly and completely forgetting about one meal altogether. One of the meat dishes was also prepared incorrectly. This is an aberration in my experience. The Peninsula is usually much better in this respect. The manager quickly removed a few charges from the invoice to rectify the situation, and that was fine with us. It is a great hotel. Just be prepared to pay. The suite I reserved is more expensive at the Peninsula than comparable suites at other luxury chains.

• Stayed October 2012
Sc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

To Mr. Nissenbaum and entire staff at PBH - You have made a wonderful impression that will stay with us for awhile as we have returned home from our anniversary trip down the coast of California. As LA ex-pat, I have never had the chance to stay and explore BH. My wife and I not only enjoyed the area, but your staff made us feel so welcomed on our return. Our room was inviting, warm, and clean. The balcony doors opened up to the back of the hotel and so noise from the Boulevard was never heard. For such a hotel, you might expect some snobbery but no one was pretentious. And Mr. Nissenbaum, during our first night on Sept 28, 2012, we met some long time friends at the roof top bar. After cocktails, we requested dinner be served in one of the pool cabanas since it was a full moon and a great view of Century City. Our waiter never hesitated or objected. He simply asked if we could wait a few minutes while they arranged it - all done with a smile! This is the "wow" factor that I always anticipate but rarely receive. Not only that, as we enjoyed the delicious meal and wine, the staff kept an eye on us but not overbearing until MN. They never asked us to leave even though we were the only four left! Thank you again for such a great experience!

Room Tip: Rooms that have balcony doors opening to the back courtyard was nice
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bournemouth, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Booked here for six nights at the end of August to treat family.
Had previously stayed at the Hong Kong Peninsula and wanted a central point in Los Angeles to base ourselves following our drive down from San Francisco.
The hotel was easy to find and hidden off Santa Monica Boulevard.
Great service and first impression by valet staff and this continued inside at reception.
Room wasn't ready for us (even though we filled out a guest preference form).
However, this didn't put us off as we were led to the roof top restaurant and pool area. Good food here and atmosphere - busy.
Help from reception was excellent throughout our stay - very attentive and discreet.
Easy, personalised check-in within our room. Rooms were plush, spacious and everything we had hoped and more. Spotless, quiet and comfortable throughout our stay.
We utilised the downstairs bars and breakfast areas many times. Service here was excellent. Bar was a standout - great cocktails and engaging staff.
Attention to detail throughout the hotel is stunning.
We ventured out in our own car several times and also used the hotel's car too; never too much trouble for the staff outside - a credit to the hotel.
Location of the hotel allows you to take a short walk to Rodeo Drive (10mins) and the surrounding shopping areas. Able to go running most mornings around Beverly Hills without too much fuss. Locals were surprisingly helpful and pleasant.
We dined at several restaurants in the area, but would recommend that you try the hotel's first.
Never experienced any difficulties during our stay and felt that it was good value for money.
We left feeling relaxed and happy with our six days at The Peninsula.
Thank you to all the staff for making us feel very welcome indeed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear RUSS1602,

Thank you for sharing your lovely review on TripAdvisor. My staff and I are delighted that you found the service, restaurants and hotel location to be so wonderful.

We strive to create memorable experiences for all our guests, so I'm thrilled that you and your family had such a relaxing and enjoyable stay with us. That's exactly how vacations should be!

Looking forward to welcoming you back to The Peninsula Beverly Hills again soon.

Best,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#1 of 14 in Beverly Hills
4.5 of 5 stars 777 reviews
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Montage Beverly Hills
The Beverly Hilton
The Beverly Hilton
#11 of 14 in Beverly Hills
4.0 of 5 stars 2,399 reviews

Been to The Peninsula Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!