“A very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Perth, Australia
“A very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My fiance and I stayed for a day and a half on our way home. The hotel was very helpful in arranging a late check out for us. The rooms are spacious and the housekeeping staff are very attentive and very good at their jobs. It is refreshing to stay in a hotel which actually has character and is not trying to go for the boring 'modern' style.

We had lunch and breakfast at the hotel and both were tasty. The waitstaff were very friendly and helpful when it came to explaining differents meals on the menu.

Our room came with a nightly turn down service, a daily newspaper, our own printer/fax in our room, complementary FIJI water by our bedside tables and throughout the hotel (you just have to ask, even in the spa), fruit plates and a complementary car services for short trips around Beverly Hills. Prior to our arrival the hotel even asked what type of pillows we would prefer on our bed and provided a list of different types we could choose from.

The spa was lovely and squeezed me in on the spot. The pool staff were very friendly and helpful and made sure I had drinks, sunscreen and magazines.

The only thing I would say is if you do want to use the car services make sure you book it ahead of time.

It was a great place to unwind and relax after our vacation and before we flew home. It isn't the cheapest hotel but you do get what you pay for. It is well worth it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Carrara, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stayed here two nights at the end of our trip before flying home to Australia. Had stayed at "The Penn" in Hong Kong previously which was awesome so thought would give the LA one a try.
Arrived in our hire car and the staff unloaded our bags and stored them then had the complimentary Rolls Royce follow us to the Hertz office while we returned the hire car and then bring us back the the hotel. Great introduction to the hotel.

Concergie staff were wonderful in organsing reservations for me at the Polo Lounge for a birthday lunch and again giving us the Rolls Royce. Was showed to our room by one of the Manangers. As we were only staying two nights we had a smaller room but it was spotless and a vety good size bathroom, with separate toilet. Great shower and excellent hot water pressure. Fresh fruit platter changed daily with cherries, peaches and other gorgeous fruit.

Housekeeping is organised around your day and you advise at check in your preferred time. Free wi fi in room. Slippers and robes. Nothing was to much troulbe for the staff.

Only thing I found disaapointing was that to get to the smallish pool on the roof you had to walk through their restaurant, not something I enjoyed doing in my swimmers and then dining there for lunch one day I didnt enjoy people in wet swimmers coming through to use the bathrooms or to return to their room.
Small pool area but adequate. Loved the little face umbrellas they gave you. Disappointing that one day we could not get a lounge around the pool as apparently there were reserved (I am not meaninig the Cabanas) If you are going to have reserved pool chairs you should advise guests at check in.

The bar was pleasant and the nibbles with the drinks were exceptional and they kept topping them up. the bar food was also very good if you wanted a light snack.

Complimentary coffee and tea in the lounge in the morning. There is a starbuck just down the road and seemed popular with other guests and ourselves for breakfast.

Complimentary cars to take you whever you wanted to go and were fortunate to get the Rolls Royce all but once which was a real treat.

Whilst the hotel is out of the Tourist area with the complimentary cars you are able to get around and we never were not able to get a car.

The thing about this hotel that makes it special is the staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Like most Peninsula hotels, the facilities are immaculately clean and the staff is extra attentive and friendly. Our stay here was made more friendly by the extra effort shown by the manager. Because we could not check in as early as expected, he made arrangements for us to be comfortable. It goes without saying that it is also very pet friendly. The location is in a quiet spot in the city that is comfortably removed from everything associated with LA. Lastly, I still remember the great pool on the rooftop that allowed me to swim laps before the rest of LA woke up.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Superb I have been in the George V in Paris, the Four Seasons in New York and the Excellsior in Rome, I consider this to be the best hotel in the world. The Rolls is a plus plus garden suites are. Beautiful and well worth the price. Breakfast at The Belvedere is much nicer and quiter than on the pool deck. For east coasters the drink to help you sleep was perfect touch

• Stayed September 2012
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

My sister and i stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in August. Everything from the arrival to the departure was wonderful. We arrived quite late in the evening after a long flight from Australia and I was not feeling well, we were promptly whisked up to our room, no check in required. In the room we had a lovely note from management, a fruit plate and full turn down service.

The room was lovely and very quiet. The bathroom was perfect. The staff were wonderful and always greeted us with a smile. No request was too much. The concierge were always attentive and remembered our names. Having the use of the hotel car was great as everything is so spread out in LA. I used it numerous times to go to particular shops I wanted to see.

The only downside is that the room service menu was quite limited. We ate on the rooftop terrace and that was quite nice. There were always people in the obby or seating area having a meal whether it be afternoon tea or lunch. It had a lovely relaxing vibe.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel is without a doubt THE place to send anyone asking for a recommendation for a more lavish hotel in the Beverley Hills area. The property and rooms are fantastically high quality and offer more room than most of the other hotels in the area for a similar price. What really sets apart the Peninsula however is the service. There is not one bad employee that I have run into there over the past 3 months (of which I have stayed at the Peninsula for a total of 1 month). They will do anything to make your stay more enjoyable, and unlike many other of the hotels around, the staff is particularly personable too. The hotel is more flexible than others around as well in that if you need an extra day, or want a checkout as late as 4pm(!!), they will do it if at all possible. Plus, the car service within a mile is a godsend and its definitely fun to show up to your dinners while being driven around in a new Rolls Royce Ghost.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quite nice really, cant go wrong.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at The Peninsula Beverly Hills for our wedding anniversary. Every detail was perfect and the answer to our every need and wish was "yes"!! I am an incredibly "high maintenance" traveler so this level of service is most important to me.

The hotel arranged car service to and from the airport. The cars were clean and drivers were professional.

Our room was ready immediately on arrival at the hotel around 1pm. In fact, the manager followed us to our room with the check-in paperwork...no stopping at the front desk. This was a great way to start our vacation after our long flight.

Our 4th floor room, although not my decorating taste (I like modern), was meticulous, spacious and comfortable and located on the inside of the hotel overlooking a small courtyard area. It is a very quiet area of the hotel. We were welcomed in the room with chocolate covered strawberries, candy and our favorite drinks!! The bed was cozy comfortable and the room also contained a sitting area and desk. The one downfall of the desk area was there was really no place to plug in a mirror or blow dryer. The plugs that are on the desktop kept surging when I tried to use the blow dryer. (I straighten my hair, so I prefer to sit). And, the cord on the mirror is too short to reach the plugs. I used the mirror without light. In the hotel's defense, I never asked for help with these issues. I am certain if I had, the staff would have figured out a solution.

We used the pool area, spa and restaurants, all of which were very good to excellent. Each morning I requested Dim Sum in the restaurant (typically only a room service or bar item) and was accommodated without question. This type of extraordinary service is the most important part of vacation for my husband and me.

The concierge arranged for a wonderful dinner at Mastro's with little notice. In addition, we were taken to dinner in one of the gorgeous hotel cars. It was really a special evening for our friends and for us.

We will certainly make our way back to The Peninsula. Thank you for a spectacular vacation!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Peninsula Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!