“Best steak in LA - I recommend the kobe. ;)” 5 of 5 stars

(310) 275-5200
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cut is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 279 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Best steak in LA - I recommend the kobe. ;)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2007

Best steak in LA - I recommend the kobe. ;)

• Turkish first
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“celebrated my friend's birthday here last month. we had a party of 8 and our bill came out to about 1200.. everyone put...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2007

celebrated my friend's birthday here last month. we had a party of 8 and our bill came out to about 1200.. everyone put in about 100 or so, but my boyfriend put in 400 for the both of us, because i had to order the most expensive thing on the menu: the 8 oz. japanese wagyu for 160. don't get me wrong, i didn't order it because my boyfriend was paying. i was going to pay for it myself because i wanted to see what the fuss was all about. definitely worth it, but i'd have to wait until next year to have it again because i'm afraid i'm going to have a heart attack if i eat too soon. appetizers to get: kobe sliders, bone marrow flan, steak tartare, steak sashimi. the desserts were okay... nothing to write home about. the service was wonderful... can't wait to go back!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Took my wife there for her birthday. The meal ended up being over $400 dollars for TWO PEOPLE! And the food was NOT...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2007

Took my wife there for her birthday. The meal ended up being over $400 dollars for TWO PEOPLE! And the food was NOT worth it. Hip noveau-Hollywood atmosphere but the food's DEF not worth the $$$.

Oklahoma
“My wife & I had a GREAT time at Cut”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2007

My wife & I stayed at the Peninsula hotel July 15th - 17th (GREAT HOTEL). Our wedding anniversary was on the 15th, Cut is closed on Sundays so we went on the 16th. The Peninsula took us to Cut in their
Rolls Royce Phantom. When we arrived at the Beverly Wilshire everyone
was staring at us when we were getting out. They probably wanted to know which star we were.

When we went immediately to the receptionist and I gave them our name. She said we have a special table reserved for you. We had a great table, it was in a small area of 3 tables. We were overlooking the whole restaurant. Our main waitress was Megan, she was really great, I forgot our secondary waitresses name.

We didn't get any appitizers, we opted for the 1/2 Kobe, 1/2 Angus Filet. The steak was AMAZING, it was the best steak my wife & I have ever had. We have been to some very good restaurants and this was the
best steak we've had. I had the carmelized corn, it was very good but
not outstanding. My wife had the Yukon Gold Potato Puree. It was very
good. The sides are family style, huge portions. We had the Chocolate
Souffle with chocolate hazelnut glace. It was awesome.

As far as the actual restaurant goes, I would say the restaurant is very noisy. The music is rock music - Pink Floyd, Doors type of music. If you are looking for a quiet restaurant I'd suggest the Belvedere at the Peninsula. It was outstanding. The Cut was packed when we were there.

Overall, we had a GREAT time. We are planning a trip back to the Peninsula and Cut. I'd highly suggest Cut, it's one of my favorite restaurants I've ever been to. I preferred the Belvedere, my wife liked the Cut a little better. I have no idea why this restaurant is getting such poor reviews. The wait staff was excellent as well as the food. The Peninsula made our reservations, that's why we got the table we did. It may have helped with the service but everyone I saw was getting excellent service. The dress is business casual.

Los Angeles, Ca
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2007

There are many good places in Los Angeles to spend your money. Jiraffe, Jar and Josie's being some of them.
I just returned from Cut. If you enjoy loud music and a noisy environment with mediocre food served with attitude you have found the place. Even the coffee was mediocre.
If you like to enjoy excellent food when you are paying excellent food prices go elsewhere.