“This is the Place for a Shower/Luncheon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Il Cielo

Il Cielo
9018 Burton Way, Beverly Hills, CA 90211-1618 (Beverly Hills)
310-276-9990
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Cielo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 250 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Doheny Drive
Los Angeles, California
“This is the Place for a Shower/Luncheon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

We just had my daughter's bridal shower at Il Cielo. If you are looking for a fabulous venue with outstanding service, this is the place. Selena could not have been nicer in helping with the arrangements. We had a private room for 40 which was perfect. The chicken salad was delicious as was the tomato soup. They created a cake that made everyone ooh and ahh! I have never had such impecable service anywhere. The servers heilped with the gifts, they loaded the car, they packed the leftover cake, all with a smile. Alas, I only have one daughter, but I would go back again if I had another shower to do.

Los Angeles, California
“Used to be great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I love the beautiful garden setting of il Cielo. And years ago it used to be quite the elegant place to go with ladies for lunch, for birthday parties and graduations (gorgeous decorated cakes, lovely salads). But sadly, the two times I went back in the last year the food was not great. It wasn't particularly artful, it wasn't delicious and it felt like a faded rose in the restaurant. The staff are lovely, accommodating and very classy. I can imagine Beverly Hills ladies wearing hats going there in the afternoon if they're bored, it's a pretty place to sit. But for people who go to a restaurant for good food I was disappointed both times. They need a couple of great chefs, a revamped menu and it could be one of the hottest spots in town. Because ultimately it's all about the food

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Romantic outdoor dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Wonderful dinner for Valentine day. It a small cozy Resturant with great service. The waiter was attentive and with a smile. They have excellent calamari and the sauce has an extra punch of flavor that leaves you wanting more. Definitely worth the price.

Calgary, Canada
“Beautiful View, Terrific service, excellent food, go anytime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

We went there after eating at Il Piccolino, pass on the other. The setting is beautiful - outside, under a canopy, with lights and heating. Very very pretty. Quiet but not to quiet. The service was exceptional. The waiter was terrific, everyone was very pleasant, service was fast and when we ordered desert they gave us free limoncello (20 dollars worth). The meal started with bruschetta which was excellent. My daughter had soup, tomato, that was very good, I had the buffalo mozarella, it was superb. My wife had a ceasar which was very good and very large. The pricing was excellent (for the size and the neighbourhood). We had a half bottle of wine, very nice to have the choice, most restaurants forget this) pricing for wine was very good. The main courses were excellent. I had chicken with barolo, very very good and huge portion for the price. My wife had a pasta special which was superb. The only short coming was the margharita pizza my daughter had which was a bit bland. The desert, an apple tart, was outstanding. The best food we had in la. I would recommend it highly.

Toronto, Canada
“Great Birthday Dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Just enjoyed a great dinner here for my birthday this past week. It was lovely. The atmosphere is gorgeous and so unique. The staff are nice and very professional. They did not rush us at all.
Had the special for the evening, the Sea Bass. So yummy. They even de-boned it right in front of you.
Also enjoyed a lovely tomato and buffalo mozzarella salad to start, along with some great cocktails and wine.
All in all a great meal. Can't say much about the cost, as my friends were nice enough to treat me for my birthday, but I think that it was good value for the cost.