“Best restaurant experience in 6 weeks travelling” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Grill on the Alley
9560 Dayton Wy, Beverly Hills, CA 90210-0615 (Beverly Hills)
(310) 276-0615
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Grill on the Alley is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 288 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Californian
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Wilshire
Description: Reservations strongly recommended.
Limpsfield
“Best restaurant experience in 6 weeks travelling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

What to say about this amazing little restaurant. Despite the fact we had not booked and the place w as packed they managed to squeeze us in and thank goodness they did! Service was exceptional - pretty much everything we ate and drank was recommended and was out of this world. The pork chop "the kobe beef of pork" was simply outstanding and at less than 35 bucks great value too for such a place. Every time I went to sip some water it had been refilled without me even noticing the wonderfully attentive but non intrusive staff. Loved it! If you only eat in one restaurant in LA make it, simply, the Grill!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

San Francisco, California
“Ordinary food, extraordinary price.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I had dinner at The Grill at the strong recommendation of a relative. I was greatly disappointed. I had dinner on a Monday night. Place was packed. I arrived on time for my 7:30 reservation and I was seated promptly. Service was attentive, if a bit rushed and impersonal. I was disappointed that the service didn't include the small things that should come with a place of this reputation and caliber. For example, the waiter didn't explain what the chef's compliment was on the table (peppers and onions), he didn't check to see if I was enjoying my appetizer (crab cocktail), offer fresh pepper for my steak, or even tell me what the Cabernet was that he recommended accompany my steak. I ordered a New York Strip, cooked medium. It was very tender but cooked more to medium-rare than to medium. I thought for a moment of sending it back, but feared it would come back overcooked. The flavor was nice but nothing exceptional. Baked potato was overcooked and grainy. All of this was served on plates that looked like they came from a local diner.

I've had many steak dinners at other establishments they were far superior. Heck, I could grill a better steak at home, really. I have no problem spending big bucks on high quality, but the Grill just didn't measure up to its reputation. I got the sense that the place is still popular based on its location and reputation, both of which seem to exceed the quality of the product it delivers. Simply not worth the expense. I will not go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Walnut Creek, California
“Excellent food, attentive service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We visited The Grill with an hour to spare before we had to catch a taxi back to the airport. How I wish we'd had longer here, as we only had time for one very delicious course. Our waiter was outstanding - gave us lots of information on the various dishes on the menu - and it was no problem to improvise on the dishes on the menu (e.g. choose alternative accompaniments or cooking methods). The food was delicious - my John Dory was the best fish dish I've had in a long time and my fiancé was raving about his steak. There were some very good wine recommendations too. How I wish we'd had time for dessert, but never mind, we will be back! (P.S. There was a family with young children eating at a table close to us and it was delightful to see that such a good restaurant was also extremely family friendly and not snooty in the slightest!)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“Consistently Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Had not been here for a while. Came with out of town guests. An excellent evening. Asked and got a quieter booth. Try getting that with a top notch place, unless you're regular. Service was attentive without being too much. All the food was top notch. Even the green beans were a treat. Expensive, but well worth coming for a memorable dinner and event.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Perth, Australia
“Always excellent and great venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

The food, service and atmosphere is always excellent and a high standard. Recommend the Grill anytime for singles, couples or groups