“Classic BH experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel

Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel
9641 Sunset Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90210 (Beverly Hills)
310.887.2777
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 250 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Sunset Boulevard & Crescent Ave
Description: The Polo Lounge has been the favorite breakfast spot and watering hole for generations of stars and Hollywood deal-makers. Guests enjoy indoor and outdoor seating for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, and late-night suppers. Lunch and dinner are served with piano accompaniment alternating with light jazz on the patio during the long summer nights. Jazz music is also featured during Sunday Brunch. In the evening guests can come to relax and enjoy one of our many specialty cocktails or one of our old favorites.
Pasadena, CA
“Classic BH experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

It's been a couple years since I was last there, but what's not to like? You really feel like you're in some kind of old school Hollywood scene in this place. You pay for it, but the experience is fun.

TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Jimverbose,

Thank you for reviewing your recent dining experience at The Polo Lounge. I am pleased you felt the history at The Polo Lounge, it is still very much alive and this makes it a truly unique and fun experience. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Geneva, Switzerland
“Non VIPs wanted here??”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I went there with two friends (without a reservation, I must say). Although many tables were empty we were told to sit and wait at the bar. No one shows up so twenty minutes later I go back to the Maitre who tells me to please keep on waiting. Finally we are seated and here again it takes quite a while for an unpleasant waitress to "welcome" us.
How was the food? Average. Conclusion: non VIPs are not that wanted at the Polo Lounge.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Giovanni C,

Thank you for taking the time to outline the shortcomings in your dining experience, as it is by means of such constructive feedback that we are able to improve the standards of service we offer our customers here at The Polo Lounge. I have addressed your concerns with our team and assure you this is not the five star service we are known for and our employees pride themselves on.

Once again, please accept my apologies and I would be grateful for the opportunity to restore your faith in the Polo Lounge.

Newport Beach
“Smoking mirrors”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Dear Polo Lounge Manager!

I was there last night with 5 of my dear friends and I must say that you have a real probem on your hands. Your staff NEEDS retraining. I hate nothing more than when I go to a place that has a lot of hype and then be disappointed beyond words. For a restaurant that prides itself as being the place where celebrities hang out, the Polo Lounge was a (bad) experience I would never forget. We arrived 5 minutes before our reservation and were stopped dead in our tracks. The young Maitre d' did not sit us down at an empty booth because she was waiting for some "phantom guests" who were 15 minutes late (needless to say they did not show up). She was willing to risk the chance of having customers leave in anticipation of peoplewho did not show up. Once we were seated we were ignored for 5 minutes (no acknowledgement that somebody would come by later). Finally the waiter came and the evening went from bad to worse. He threw the menues and the napkins on the table (one by one, as if he was annoyed that we were there). I wanted to complain, but my husband stopped me. The dessert was OK. The lemon sorbet was inedible. It killed my taste buds. I felt like I was sucking on lemons. The reason we went to the Polo Lounge was because of all the hype. I figured that a restaurant that cateres to celebrities would have top notch service. For me, even if the food is excellent, if the service is atrocious, I never come back. The atmosphere was shall we say boring. I kept thinking, is this the same place that people rave about? Why? I felt like the kid in the story The Emperor's Cothes, the one who actually shouted the truth about the emperor not wearing any clothes. If this restaurant was all the rage years ago, it is not anymore. Not sure why celebrities go to this restaurant, when there are so many other places worth spending your money at. Besides being a landmark, this place is all smoking mirrors, The Emperor's Clothes. By the way, the people in my group were very nice people, who did not deserve to be treated like we did not belong in a celebrity town. Among us there were 3 doctors, 1 lawyer, a brilliant engineer and an owner /CEO of her company. Our money will be better spent in our own town, Newport Beach.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Ingrid W,

I hope your recent visit will not deter you from considering the Polo Lounge in the future and I would be most grateful for any opportunity to restore your faith in our restaurant. I will personally supervise your reservation and will ensure extra special recognition is given to you.

Once again, please accept my apologies and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Polo Lounge.

Toronto
“Tradition and retro elegance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

You want to go here for a step back in time. The lounge, dining area and outside patio are a seen from a 60's movie set and thoroughly enjoyable with the live music in the background. And wow, a wine list where for once I recognize most of the wines. Service is spot on and the menu offers a wide range of choice.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Wild_Radek,

Thank you for reviewing The Polo Lounge. The history at The Polo Lounge is still very much alive and this makes it a truly unique and incredible experience. I am glad you enjoyed the service and menu that we have here at The Polo Lounge. Please come back and visit us again very soon!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Atmosphere wonderful. Food was bland.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

First time at this LA landmark. The atmosphere is that of another age and most of the clientele are obviously still living in that age. The service was good and the atmosphere what you would expect. However, we ordered chopped salads with balsamic dressing. Neither the salad or the dressing had any taste at all. I was very disappointed. But then I suppose you come to a place like this not so much for the food but for the place and as far as that goes it's 100%.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear 712Nick,

Thank you for reviewing your recent dining experience at the Polo Lounge. I am extremely concerned to hear of the disappointments you encountered during your visit. Please rest assured that I have spoken to the restaurant manager and your comments have been addressed with the team directly.

I hope your recent experience will not deter you from considering the Polo Lounge in the future and I would be most grateful for any opportunity to restore your faith in our restaurant. I will personally supervise your reservation and will ensure extra special recognition is given to you.

Once again, please accept my apologies and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Polo Lounge in the hopefully not too distant future.