“Inventive food, original idea, loud but great music” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Medicine - CLOSED

Red Medicine
8400 Wilshire Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90211 (Beverly Hills)
323-651-5500
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Gale
“Inventive food, original idea, loud but great music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Take a wild choice from any of the plates of the menu and you will be pleasantly satisfied!  We had black carrots, Indian aubergines, chicken dumplings, lamb and pork and we could not believe how good all combinations were.

True, the bill is high as the music, but what a good choice of musice there, too.

Orange County, CA
“Creative, but flavor profile was alright.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

After hearing so much about this restaurant, my husband and I finally made it for a date night. We ordered about 6 dishes, which were more than plenty for two. Although I always prefer tasting menus of 10 or so because of the diversity of flavors. The dungeness crab egg rolls were tasty, but not great. The foie gras mousse was very disappointing, and I LOVE foie gras. You can barely taste the foie gras in the mousse, and the dish overall was too busy for its own good. The pork belly was my favorite. Excellent flavor and very tender. We also had the lamb...now I also LOVE lamb, but their lamb that night was particularly game-y, maybe even STINKY. I didn't enjoy it at all. Too bad... The brussel sprouts were tasty, but nothing spectacular.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wilmington NC
“UNIQUE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Everything about Red Medicine is great. The atmosphere is fun and casual. The food was flavorful and delicious and uniquely prepared. We were fortunate enough to have foie gras before it became history in California. Wonderful. The halibut , brussels sprouts, and porridge were fabulous. For desert, we had a coconut dish that was TDF. Another wonderful restaurant that should not be missed. Great service too.

Los Angeles
“Food for adventurous palates”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Red Medicine has a very creative menu with unexpected combinations that are beautifully presented and fun to share. We had delicious crab spring rolls that had wonderful dollops of tart lime gelatin and lime mayonnaise for dipping, black carrots with guava and roasted kale that tasted like the carrots had been pickled, a large bowl of heirloom rice porridge which was very filling, but rather bland considering all the spice pairings in other dishes, lamb glazed in tamarind which was a bit too fatty for my taste, chinese lion peppers that were mild but savory and the most amazing pork with black vinegar and goji berries that looked like it was burned to a crisp, but in fact was melt in your mouth fantastic. I enjoyed this restaurant for all the different flavor pairings. The quality of food was very good and the service was excellent. If you are a fussy eater, it is probably not for you. The decor is modern - gray walls and high ceilings - it gets very noisy when crowded.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West Palm Beach, Florida
“A Feast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Vietnamese-Fusion? Who knew it was so delicious? Lovely plates of delicate flavors kept arriving at our table. We shared them among the 4 of us - one taste sensation after another! My favorite: the chicken dumplings (not anything like my Tennessee grandma used to make). And the brussel sprouts - also my favorite. Can I have two favorites?? Bring your friends and have a party!

• Visited May 2012