“ex-favorite restaurant loosing steam!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Scarpetta Los Angeles

Scarpetta Los Angeles
225 North Canon Drive, Montage Beverly Hills, Beverly Hills, CA 90210 (Formerly Scarpetta)
+1 855-527-9488
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Scarpetta Los Angeles is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 279 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Wilshire Blvd
Description: Come and find Italian cuisine that's modern, earthy and refined at Scarpetta LA, our restaurant located in Beverly Hills. This unexpected blend mirrors the fresh and inspired approach that acclaimed Chef Scott Conant brings to Scarpetta Los Angeles. Scarpetta delights patrons with soulful Italian dishes that boast the finest seasonal ingredients. Adjacent to the Beverly Canon Gardens, Scarpetta's beautiful al fresco dining augments the Mediterranean-inspired experience, creating an enchanting backdrop for lunch with friends or colleagues. For dinner, our fine dining restaurant creates the perfect setting for private dining, romantic dinners or gatherings with friends. Found also in New York City and other select locales, Scarpetta has garnered glowing reviews, including a selection as one of the "Best New Restaurants in America" by Esquire magazine and a nomination for "Best New Restaurant from the James Beard Foundation." Chef Conant, a graduate of The Culinary Institute of America, was named one of "America's Best New Chefs" by Food & Wine magazine in 2004. He has appeared on The Today Show, MARTHA and Bravo's Top Chef. He is the host of the Food Network's "24 Hour Restaurant Battle" and has published two cookbooks: New Italian Cooking and Bold Italian.
Santa Monica, California
“ex-favorite restaurant loosing steam!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

This restaurant used to a favorite and were known for their food but not any longer. Now the pasts is overcooked and the chef is not special. Now meals are rushed and the food is average. This is just another overpriced hotel restaurant.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles, California
“Best Brunch in LA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I'll be honest, when I initially heard about Chef Conant's spaghetti with tomato and basil, I was a little bit apprehensive shelling out $24 for the dish. At $24, you can order a slew of entrees that might fit the bill. When I discovered that Scarpetta was offering sunday brunch with the famous spaghetti at $65/person, I knew I had to try it.

It was hands down, the best Sunday Brunch in LA. Better than four seasons or ritz carlton's offerings. The unlimited Mimosa was from a freshly squeeze OJ unlike four seasons who uses a boxed version. Scarpetta's selection was just right, not too much, not too little. It will not overwhelm you.

And yes, the spaghetti was perfect. It lived up to it's hype. Flavor and texture was just amazing. I had 3 plates of it. Carb overload.

You love cheese? You'll love to know that their cheese is catered by none other than the people at the Cheese store of Beverly Hills. by doing so, they lower their overhead, they don't have to stock on the same cheeses over and over. The Cheese store offers different kinds of cheeses each week. Newly cut wheels ensure the cheese is at it's freshest. They are very generous with the servings. It's worth atleast $30/plate of cheeses.

Don't come here when you're dieting. I had to run 4 miles the morning of my reservation knowing i'll be splurging. I will be back in the future.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“The Downward Spiral of Scarpetta Sunday Brunch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

The brunch ship sailed before I got on board. For two years, it was the hottest buffet ticket in town. Not anymore.
1. The bakery items are stale, including all of the desserts. At least half of the items have no identification tags
2. Other popular items have mysteriously disappeared without explanation (yellow tail sashimi).
3.The fresh shucked oysters are now smaller than the size of a dime
4. There is no cheese display from which to select. Instead, you describe what you like and the cheese server decides what you will get. I made it clear that I wanted Epoisse, but did not receive it. When I asked why, I was told "it's not available today." Ridiculous. Every SERIOUS cheese menu serves Epoisse.
5.The quality of the buffet reminded me of a Carnival Cruise Line. Lots of food choices, but nothing tastes particularly good...
6. This price tag for this brunch is outrageously expensive for poor quality and badly prepared food..
I left feeling annoyed and ripped off.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
MontageBH1, General Manager at Scarpetta Los Angeles, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
We thank you for your feedback regarding our brunch service. We continually strive to offer the best brunch experience in town and apologize that we fell short on your last visit. The quality of the food is our top priority and we also are very proud to be featuring an amazing array of cheeses from the Beverly Hills Cheese Shop. We will relay your request for Epoisse to them and would love to have you back on a future visit.

Please be sure to contact me upon your next visit, and you have my commitment to ensure your experience is flawless.

Nicole Stubbs, General Manager
(310) 860-7975
Merida, Venezuela
“hit it or miss it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Its weird; half of the food is awesome and the other half is awful. You have to take your chances and asking the servers for suggestions do not help, they will suggest what is more expensive...or what ever, just to get you out of their way. The ambiance is nice and the garden atmosphere in the middle of BH is great.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Salt, salt, far too much salt”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

This restaurant has a Great atmosphere outside and a really nice feel to it. However, the service was very variable. The waitress who looked after our food was excellent, but the drinks waiter was truly appalling, splashing drinks everywhere. Either he just didnt care or genuinely had no idea how to pour fluids out of bottles.  For a city where you can buy a great range of fruit juices in any supermarket, the selection of non alcoholic beverages was pathetic. However, our greatest disappointment was the main courses. These were delicious, but inedible due to massive amounts of salt. Neither I nor my wife could actually finish our mains due to the salt. The desserts were beautiful.
We would not return which is a real pity as with better service and less salt this restaurant could be outstanding.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for your comments regarding our non-alcoholic beverage program. This is certainly an area of our beverage offerings that we will be looking to expand upon.

Please join us in the near future to experience some amazing Mocktails and some perfectly seasoned entrees. We would love to have you back! Be sure to contact me upon your next visit so that I can suggest some entrees and new Mocktails.

Nicole Stubbs, General Manager