“cool entertainment in a very unique setting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of #1 Magic Show in L.A.

#1 Magic Show in L.A.
The Beverly Wilshire Hotel, 9500 Wilshire Bvld, Beverly Hills, CA 90212 (Beverly Hills)
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: World-renowned magician Ivan Amodei stars in his critically acclaimed INTIMATE ILLUSIONS show at the famed Beverly Wilshire at the most glamourous address in the world Rodeo Drive and Wilshire Blvd.A celebrity favorite, Ivan has entertained in luxury venues throughout the world. Expert sleight of hand, original and mind bending illusions all while accompanied by a concert cellist that scores the show with great classics. BroadwayWorld calls his hit show “Spectacular’ ” and the L.A. Times named it a "Top Pick."Here’s what you will experience:• Witness Ivan Amodei recreate the famous story of William Tell with a surgically sharp darts and a unsuspecting volunteer from the audience • Ivan will disclose Houdini’s biggest kept secret • Watch him unleash the power of the mind of a mega-savant• A World Class magic show for only 60 guests• Set at the famed Beverly Wilshire in Ivan’s private luxury suite• Décor styled after a Ralph Lauren Madison Ave Apartment• A concert cellist accompanying Ivan like the score to a great movie • Hear the music of Vivaldi, Bach, Mission Impossible, James Bond, The Pink Panther and other famous classics played liveDon't miss Ivan's witty humor and interactive style that leaves audiences wanting more!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
“cool entertainment in a very unique setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2015 NEW

Pittsburgh show in April..... Didnt know what to expect... small setting makes you part of the setting or show... Tricks moving very fast Ivan keeps things moving and very entertained make the show fly by.....A real professional entertainer.... And the musical accompany was a special treat that on the spot for every trick....just cool to see a professional show so close..... worth every penny.....

Visited April 2015

“Entertaining but very selective audience participation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

My boyfriend and I saw this show in Seattle on March 25, 2015 at the Westin. As this was the first show my boyfriend and I got to attend in about 3 years, I decided to splurge and payed rack rate for front row seats. I left the show very disappointed with that decision. While I think that Ivan was very entertaining, his tricks were original, and there was good humor, I didn't see the value in paying over $200 for the show.

My biggest issue is that Ivan kept calling on the same people over and over to assist him with his illusions. In addition, he involved about 90% of the people in the front row but deliberately by passed both my boyfriend and myself when asking for volunteers. At one point he looked at me and made a comical remark to the audience about me but chose someone in the back row to assist instead. Then he was about to put something in my boyfriends hand only to take it away and use the same volunteer he'd used in 2 other tricks sitting next to my boyfriend. I felt that for such an interactive performance, it ruins the fun when everyone else around you are being called on multiple times to be a part of the show and to be deliberately skipped twice for the same audience members.

As I work in the Hospitality Industry and my guests frequently look for good shows to see, I would recommend the show to them. However I would not recommend paying for the best seats in the house. I would also inform anyone wanting to see the show NOT to even hope to being called upon in the show so there's no chance of disappointment when you get skipped.

I absolutely loved the woman who played the music.

Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Magic or Real?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

Brilliant place! Great drinks and dinner reservations required. Take a friend, date, or go with a group of friends. Located nearer to Hollywood Hills. Safe & friendly place.

Visited November 2013
Thousand Oaks, California
“Mind blowing Illusions - Extraordinary Evening for All 27 Guests!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We are huge fans of Ivan's and have followed him for over 15 years watching his talents become more sophisticated and spectacular every time we see him. I arranged for this to be the birthday celebration show for my husband's surprise milestone party and invited 27 guests to witness and capture the same wonder that we have enjoyed so immensely for years. The Beverly Wilshire is elegant, as is the setting for the show. Ivan is the epitome of style, class, and quite handsome; as is his beautiful cellist assistant. The show is filled with more than the mystery of "How in the world did he do that?" Ivan brings an interactive audience element into the show allowing a select few from this intimate group of about 100 to partake. The random participants are selected by a bouncing ball pushed through the air and landing wherever after three hits - proof this is real. His acts have a charm and comedic wit that lightens each illusion to enhance the enjoyment of the evening. His talents are diverse and his shows are always sprinkled with different illusions he has mastered through the years, with always something new and fresh to be wowed about. You leave with a clear sense of his true passion not only to perform, but to genuinely enjoy what he does as much as the audience he entertains. Our guests are still talking about it! We will be seeing him again in the very near future and know we will leave with the same sense of awe! Brilliant show. Thanks for a great memorable evening.

Visited July 2014
New York City, New York
13 attraction reviews
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were expecting great things after hearing about this place from some close friends and felt a bit disappointed. It was good but not all that exciting. We had high expectations which may have been the reason for feeling let down. Still made for a fun time.

Visited June 2014

Been to #1 Magic Show in L.A.? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage #1 Magic Show in L.A., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.