“Mind blowing Illusions - Extraordinary Evening for All 27 Guests!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of #1 Magic Show in L.A.

#1 Magic Show in L.A.
The Beverly Wilshire Hotel, 9500 Wilshire Bvld, Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Theaters, Performances
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: World-renowned magician Ivan Amodei stars in his critically acclaimed INTIMATE ILLUSIONS show at the famed Beverly Wilshire at the most glamourous address in the world Rodeo Drive and Wilshire Blvd.A celebrity favorite, Ivan has entertained in luxury venues throughout the world. Expert sleight of hand, original and mind bending illusions all while accompanied by a concert cellist that scores the show with great classics. BroadwayWorld calls his hit show “Spectacular’ ” and the L.A. Times named it a "Top Pick."Here’s what you will experience:• Witness Ivan Amodei recreate the famous story of William Tell with a surgically sharp darts and a unsuspecting volunteer from the audience • Ivan will disclose Houdini’s biggest kept secret • Watch him unleash the power of the mind of a mega-savant• A World Class magic show for only 60 guests• Set at the famed Beverly Wilshire in Ivan’s private luxury suite• Décor styled after a Ralph Lauren Madison Ave Apartment• A concert cellist accompanying Ivan like the score to a great movie • Hear the music of Vivaldi, Bach, Mission Impossible, James Bond, The Pink Panther and other famous classics played liveDon't miss Ivan's witty humor and interactive style that leaves audiences wanting more!
Thousand Oaks, California
“Mind blowing Illusions - Extraordinary Evening for All 27 Guests!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We are huge fans of Ivan's and have followed him for over 15 years watching his talents become more sophisticated and spectacular every time we see him. I arranged for this to be the birthday celebration show for my husband's surprise milestone party and invited 27 guests to witness and capture the same wonder that we have enjoyed so immensely for years. The Beverly Wilshire is elegant, as is the setting for the show. Ivan is the epitome of style, class, and quite handsome; as is his beautiful cellist assistant. The show is filled with more than the mystery of "How in the world did he do that?" Ivan brings an interactive audience element into the show allowing a select few from this intimate group of about 100 to partake. The random participants are selected by a bouncing ball pushed through the air and landing wherever after three hits - proof this is real. His acts have a charm and comedic wit that lightens each illusion to enhance the enjoyment of the evening. His talents are diverse and his shows are always sprinkled with different illusions he has mastered through the years, with always something new and fresh to be wowed about. You leave with a clear sense of his true passion not only to perform, but to genuinely enjoy what he does as much as the audience he entertains. Our guests are still talking about it! We will be seeing him again in the very near future and know we will leave with the same sense of awe! Brilliant show. Thanks for a great memorable evening.

Visited July 2014

New York City, New York
13 attraction reviews
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were expecting great things after hearing about this place from some close friends and felt a bit disappointed. It was good but not all that exciting. We had high expectations which may have been the reason for feeling let down. Still made for a fun time.

Visited June 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“AMAZING MAGIC SHOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

If you are a FAN of Magic you will love this show! I caught Ivan's show in Washington DC over Valentines weekend. I am so happy that he travelled to our city to share his talents. They say that magicians use the art of distraction to perform their tricks...not Ivan. I watched extra closely and his show is so seamless that I couldnt figure out anything!! I was truly amazed. I dont want to give away the show... even my girlfriend who is a critic and naysayer about magic shows was amazed too. CATCH him if you can at a city near you or in Cali you wont be disappointed only happy and mesmerized. And Ivan is a really nice guy. I am doing a Flat Stanley project with my newphew and Ivan was nice enough to take a pic with him!

Los Angeles, California
“For me, just not magical enough”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Ivan was entertaining. He's got a wonderful personality. The venue is gorgeous and it really is intimate. You feel up close and personal with him and the other guests. I was really excited to have an unforgettable evening as we took our seats.

My problem is that this wasn't the kind of magic show I was expectating. I was hoping to see things levitate, appear out of thin air, and to see illusions that really knocked my socks off. I also wanted a female assistant who was a prominent and fun part fo the act (there was a female on the stage, but she was quietly, and beautifully, playing the cello).

Instead, this is 90 minutes of the same kind of trick - you think of a number, and I'll tell you what you were thinking. It is a cerebral and not so much a visual evening. If you're observant and thoughtful, you'll figure out how he did them. Sometimes the answer is so obvious you feel insulted. I'm not saying a trick is bad if you can figure it out. But if you don't initially feel a sense of wonder and amazement when the trick is done, it's not working for you. This show just didn't work for me.

Beverly Hills, California
“Great show in Beverly Hills”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I absolutely loved this show. It truly was intimate, and as a Beverly Hills native, I never knew this show existed! He was warm, funny, inviting, and interacted with the entire audience of about 75 people. Lovely, charming music on the Chello, great environment, beautiful hotel. I recommend this show for all ages, and would recommend it to all my friends.