“AMAZING MAGIC SHOW” 5 of 5 stars
Review of #1 Magic Show in L.A.

#1 Magic Show in L.A.
The Beverly Wilshire Hotel, 9500 Wilshire Bvld, Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Theaters, Performances
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: World-renowned magician Ivan Amodei stars in his critically acclaimed INTIMATE ILLUSIONS show at the famed Beverly Wilshire at the most glamourous address in the world Rodeo Drive and Wilshire Blvd.A celebrity favorite, Ivan has entertained in luxury venues throughout the world. Expert sleight of hand, original and mind bending illusions all while accompanied by a concert cellist that scores the show with great classics. BroadwayWorld calls his hit show “Spectacular’ ” and the L.A. Times named it a "Top Pick."Here’s what you will experience:• Witness Ivan Amodei recreate the famous story of William Tell with a surgically sharp darts and a unsuspecting volunteer from the audience • Ivan will disclose Houdini’s biggest kept secret • Watch him unleash the power of the mind of a mega-savant• A World Class magic show for only 60 guests• Set at the famed Beverly Wilshire in Ivan’s private luxury suite• Décor styled after a Ralph Lauren Madison Ave Apartment• A concert cellist accompanying Ivan like the score to a great movie • Hear the music of Vivaldi, Bach, Mission Impossible, James Bond, The Pink Panther and other famous classics played liveDon't miss Ivan's witty humor and interactive style that leaves audiences wanting more!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“AMAZING MAGIC SHOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

If you are a FAN of Magic you will love this show! I caught Ivan's show in Washington DC over Valentines weekend. I am so happy that he travelled to our city to share his talents. They say that magicians use the art of distraction to perform their tricks...not Ivan. I watched extra closely and his show is so seamless that I couldnt figure out anything!! I was truly amazed. I dont want to give away the show... even my girlfriend who is a critic and naysayer about magic shows was amazed too. CATCH him if you can at a city near you or in Cali you wont be disappointed only happy and mesmerized. And Ivan is a really nice guy. I am doing a Flat Stanley project with my newphew and Ivan was nice enough to take a pic with him!

Los Angeles, California
“For me, just not magical enough”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Ivan was entertaining. He's got a wonderful personality. The venue is gorgeous and it really is intimate. You feel up close and personal with him and the other guests. I was really excited to have an unforgettable evening as we took our seats.

My problem is that this wasn't the kind of magic show I was expectating. I was hoping to see things levitate, appear out of thin air, and to see illusions that really knocked my socks off. I also wanted a female assistant who was a prominent and fun part fo the act (there was a female on the stage, but she was quietly, and beautifully, playing the cello).

Instead, this is 90 minutes of the same kind of trick - you think of a number, and I'll tell you what you were thinking. It is a cerebral and not so much a visual evening. If you're observant and thoughtful, you'll figure out how he did them. Sometimes the answer is so obvious you feel insulted. I'm not saying a trick is bad if you can figure it out. But if you don't initially feel a sense of wonder and amazement when the trick is done, it's not working for you. This show just didn't work for me.

Beverly Hills, California
“Great show in Beverly Hills”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I absolutely loved this show. It truly was intimate, and as a Beverly Hills native, I never knew this show existed! He was warm, funny, inviting, and interacted with the entire audience of about 75 people. Lovely, charming music on the Chello, great environment, beautiful hotel. I recommend this show for all ages, and would recommend it to all my friends.

Tampa
28 attraction reviews
“Truly #1 show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We saw the New Year's Eve performance and Ivan Amodei is not boasting when he says he has the number one Magic Show in LA. He is truly spectacular.

His illusions are amazing. I am a magic buff and know what many of the tricks are. However, he had me fooled on many occasions. He is funny, entertaining, and he engages the audience frequently.

This is money well spent. Don't be afraid to splurge on front row tickets. It's worth the extra money.

One caution. . . The L-A show is in the Beverly Wilshire. Parking and pre-show drinks are very expensive!

Visited December 2013
Redlands, California
27 attraction reviews
“Not Vegas but worth the money for L.A.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We enjoyed the magic show the other night. My wife and I paid the extra few dollars to sit up in the front row (bad vision for me so the closer the better). The show was delightful and in good taste. The parlor room where the show I held had a great turnout, glad we sat up front but beware...if your up front there is a good chance you may be picked to participate. Of course we were chosen and it was fun.They request that you dress in nice attire for the show. It actually adds to the evening and keeps any "trouble makers" from attending and ruining the show for others. It appeared that all the guests were enjoying themselves and the magic was actually pretty good. My wife and I attend the best in Vegas and at the magic castle as well so this evening I didn't expect a Vegas show but it was worth the money we spent for a very delightful evening.

Visited September 2013