“Absolute must for the lionhearted traveler with ready access to antibiotics” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Del Flores

Hotel Del Flores
You added Hotel Del Flores to your Saves list
Hotel Del Flores
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   409 North Crescent Drive, Beverly Hills, CA 90210   |
Columbus, Ohio
“Absolute must for the lionhearted traveler with ready access to antibiotics”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

This is a very sad and shabby property just hanging on in a great location with all that Beverly Hills has to offer very nearby. Downtown LA is a $1.50 bus ride away. If you just want a place to leave your luggage this hotel at about $75 a night is for you. I found the staff very helpful and they answered all of my questions about getting around in the area politely and professionally. Do not expect any air conditioning, a toilet , a ceiling without flaking paint and water damage, a phone, a chair, a hair dryer, an ironing board, a working TV remote, a view, or a sturdy door locking mechanism. Do expect a grubby floor covering that may once have been a carpet, footprints on the walls, blinds that don't quite fit the windows, a ceiling fan that sounds like an old airplane, furniture that has not been repainted since at least 1947, a mattress you would be happy to sleep on, sheets and blankets you would be happy to lay down on, a television that has stations that come in clearly other than ones in Chinese, no shower, no toilet, possibly the most heavily soiled carpeting on earth, certainly the nastiest and grubbiest furniture in any common area anywhere. Here are some valuable tips. 1. Take a tarp with you and sleep on it fully clothed, 2. Take a small portable fan with you since the ceiling fan in your cell probably won't have all of its blades and if it works at all it will sound like a WWI biplane. 3. Take your own toilet paper 4. Don't look in the refrigerator in the little kitchen since its contents will certainly alarm you and the word 'autopsy' will come to mind. 5. Don't use the microwave except in a dire emergency and then make sure you wear rubber gloves at least or industrial strength metal gauntlets if you have them, 6. Don't touch the sink unless you are wearing full body armor. 5. Bring at least a gallon of hand sanitizer and lots of bug spray. 6. Bring an air freshener since you room may smell like a rock concert portable toilet. 7. For obvious reasons, since there is no toilet in your room, don't wash your face in the washbasin. 8. Burn all of your clothes after you return home and if you can get some family member or friend to give your body a thorough cleaning ( a carwash would be excellent) do so before you go into your house. 9. On no account ever go barefoot, particularly in your room, and if you use the communal shower remain fully clothed and wear galoshes. 10. Don't touch the soap. 11. Bring as many paper toilet seat covers as you can cram into your luggage and be warned by the sign on the back of the toilet door "When using the toilet go in it and not near it". 12. Bring an aluminum baseball bat and keep it near the door. 13. Bring earplugs since (i) the walls are paper thin (ii) the scurrying of the critters in your room is annoying and most importantly 14. Don't bring any pets since they are likely to be eaten during the night.
However........this hotel is an absolute must for the totally fearless traveler with an iron will and ready access to antibiotics. There can be no other hotel anywhere in the world like it and you will be able to proudly boast to your chums that you stayed there and lived to tell about it

Room Tip: There probably are no good rooms but try and at least get something well away from the shared toilet...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Beaverbank
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

I would never pay money to stay in this place again, and I can't believe that they call themselves a "hotel". Upon arrival all you can smell is what I describe as a dirty litter box. Don't get too comfortable in your room because you don't have A/C, and if you happen to get stuck in the "noisey" room (which we did) then you don't get much sleep, all you hear half the night and into the morning are dishes being smashed around from the restaurant next door and traffic because you need your windows open from lack of a/c. There is no shower in your room, it's a little box behind a door in the hallway, and forget about trying to get wifi in your bedroom... You have to go to the opposite end of the hall in a very specific spot, or downstairs for this luxury. You are better off sitting outside because that's where you get wifi best. There is nothing convenient about this place, everything is extra work.
From our experience (aside from the noise keeping us up half the night, no shower in room, no a/c, and no wifi in room), our "nicer" room was given away before check in even began and we were told that we had to be put in a noisier room because of this.
When we tried to check out they attempted to accuse us of having 3 guests in the room instead of two and wanted to charge us extra for that, it was a battle over the phone with the "manager" in order to fix the issue... Apparently no one can do anything without his say.
We had the unfortunate experience of being stuck in this place for 6 nights because once you are there and see the crap hole you are expected to pay money to stay in, it's too late. Don't make the same mistake we did. It really put a damper on our stay in LA. We were forced to spend more money then we planned on extra activities just so we could avoid going back to the "hotel" as long as we could every day.

• Stayed August 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I was visiting from the Las Vegas area. My fiancé and I planned to come out here for a quick getaway after work. His mother made reservations at the Hotel Del Flores for us. She said it looked nice and was near by a nightclub we wanted to go to and were worried about having to drive
so far. Upon arrival we walked in and determine the hotel looked unkept and far from glamorous which you would associate with Beverly Hills. We waited behind a lady checking in for about thirty minutes. We got frustrated and walk back to the car to wait. I came back to the front desk alone to see if we could check in now. The lady who previously was checking in was there complaining that there was no AC. I informed my Fiancé and because he has difficulty sleeping, we both agreed based on that information and the appearance of the lobby that we should stay somewhere else. However because we made our reservation through Travelocity, the front desk lady said we had to call them to cancel. I called Travelocity and they said they understood my concern and I could cancel the reservation and waive the cancellation fee if they spoke with a manager at the property. Travelocity called the hotel and the front desk clerk said a manager wasn't available and to call back in a couple of hours. I told her we wanted to leave to find a room elsewhere because we hadn't slept and if she could please give me the managers name (since she said he wasn't on property) however, she told me she wasn't allowed to give out his name. I told her that was absurd and I needed to know who to ask for when I called later. She still refuse to tell me and walked out the office. Standing behind me was a woman who said the manager was there and that the African American gentleman that was in the office with her moments ago was in fact the manager. That's when I realize She had blatantly lied to my face. When she came back to the office I told her that the woman said that gentleman was the manager. She threw her hands over her head and said "I'm tired of this, he told me to say that. He's upstairs if you want to speak with him" I said fine then. I went upstairs and the same man was standing on a ladder fixing a light. I asked him if he was the manager and he said yes. I asked why the lady said there was no manger on duty and I didn't appreciate being lied to. I told him about the AC condition and that I was overall displease with the whole situation thus far. He still then proceeded to tell me he would still charge me for atleast the one day even considering everything that happen. In conclusion, I understand hotels have cancellation policies but customer service here was extremely poor and down right deceptive. I don't understand how a place like this can operate a business. As I was leaving another lady was yelling about a separate issue at the front desk. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Probably the worst ever. Incredibly distasteful. No hot water. Inoperable phone in room. Overcharged for parking. Deceptive pricing. No bathroom in room. Discourteous staff. The list goes on and on. The hotel itself isn't so bad, and it's in a very good location. It could be a nice place, and looks like a quaint old hotel. Don't understand the way that it's operated.

Stayed February 2014
Monterey, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I remained in that terrible homeless shelter (I do not want to call it hotel) for only one night. I did not sleep that night not even for 5 min. Let me begin with the staff. There were only one female employee who is better to work at prison instead of a hotel. She was not willing to offer any help not even providing extra pillows. She got me terrible room and when I asked to change it she gave me another but she said if you do not want it then you can go to another hotel. The water was running in the bath tub which was turning in to the color black due to lack of cleanliness. The manager is probably in a different planet as he was never there. It was my worse nightmare to stay at this hotel. I remained only one night then I cancelled the reservation. Absolutely does not worth the money. VERY VERY Poor quality hotel that hardly deserve a one star .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Ok...so I knew what I was getting into staying at this hotel because I read the reviews ahead of time, so my expectations were very low. But the location cannot be beat for the price, and I was only there to sleep at night, so I went for it. First, I had the shared bathroom which was like using a gas station bathroom but I was expecting it, so it was fine. The shower is in a gross room that opens directly to the hallway and latches with a small hook. Again, I was expecting this from the reviews, and I just ended up using baby wipes on my body and shaving/washing my face in the sink in my room. The room was a little hot but not unbearable. The TV had all the main network channels-nbc, cbs, abc, fox-- so that was nice. The sheets appeared clean. The place is old and reminded me a lot of my dorm room at college (I went to an old school). The location is right by Rodeo Dr and a block or two away from Starbucks, Rite Aid, and Whole Foods, which was great. Overall with my super low expectations going in, I was ready to give this place 4 stars. That was until I notice while checking out that I was feeling itchy all over my body. Little red bumps began to appear everywhere. I ended up going to the doctor and was told they were BED BUG BITES. They are disgusting and itchy. So yeah, the bed appeared clean but if you stay here I'd check the matress under the sheets really closely. I've never gotten bed bug bites from a hotel in my life.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Hollywood, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Unfortunately, due to extenuating circumstances I booked this room for my son from August 19-31, 2013. OMG I really should have looked at the reviews first. I honestly think renting him a car and having him sleep in it would have been better. Every single negative review is the GOD's Honest truth! This has got to be worse than the 4 hour motels that men take prostitutes to. Anyone who had one positive review has got to be first ** used to DUMPS like this and certainly have NO class, have no eye sight, deaf, and had lost their sense to smell. I can't believe I actually spent almost $1,200.00 for my son to stay in a DUMP! I wonder if the staff or even owner lives like the Hotel Flores?? Dirty, dingy, dirty and thin sheets that were never changed, room was not cleaned, old furniture they found at garbage dump, nasty carpet, dirty bathroom , If you want to stay in a nasty place go for it! Marianna at the front desk was so rude and un professional. My son didn't want to cause problems and didn't tell me how BAD it really was, and if a young man says it's " SKETCHY" THEN YOU KNOW IT'S BAD! I really think a Motel 6 would have been like the Beverly Hilton compared to the Del Flores. How could Hotels.com or any other reputable company sells their rooms and lies???? I demand a full refund,
IF YOU STAY HERE THAN SUCKER IS WRITTEN ALL OVER YOUR FACE

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Del Flores? Share your experiences!