“Average at best” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Blanca

Villa Blanca
9601 Brighton Way, Opening Soon, Beverly Hills, CA 90210-5109 (Beverly Hills)
310-859-7600
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Villa Blanca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 288 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Camden
Coral Gables, Florida
“Average at best”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The restaurant is beautiful and i had heard (and read) a lot of great things about it but overall I was very disappointed. It was my first time visiting & i was taking my mom out for a Mother's Day celebration which i had made a reservation over 2 weeks before.

The hostess sat us at the worst possible table next to the service bar and cash register which was packed with loud servers so I asked if another table was available. The hostess asked us to wait at the bar while another table cleared which was fine as we were excited to people watch. However the bar was virtually impossible to sit at (cramped in a corner with heavy stools) The bar stools have a steel hole shaped like an s in the seat which ripped my silk dress. Not to mention the only people watching is of the nasty bar which had garbage all over the floor. I complained to the hostess about my dress and she stared at me with a blank face with a soft "sorry about that". The new table was next to the hostess stand which

We finally seated and I ordered the classic bolognese which was no better than ragu. Wine was nice. And our server was very pleasant. Would never ever go back...

• 1 of 5 stars Food

San Francisco, California
“Girls Night Out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Last night myself and 7 other ladies sat at a lovely round table just in front of the opened windows. When we arrived, everything was waiting for us and our table looked lovely. We were celebrating the recovery of back surgery of one of the ladies in our group. We were greeted warmly and were never rushed through the service. Each of the ladies enjoyed their appetizer and entree, desserts were great! The lychee martini was a hit for me! I recommend Villa Blanca to anyone, couples, or a group wanting to do something fun in the famed zip code! Valet parking in front makes it convenient.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Wellington, New Zealand
“Better than Reality TV”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I booked this restaurant for my wife, who is keen on some TV series on which the owner appears. Frankly, I wasn't keen at all but I'm pleased to say that the experience was very pleasant. It was a busy day (Mother's Day) but the service in this very elegant restaurant was attentive and efficient. The menu has plenty of very tempting options and both our meals were beautifully presented and tasted great.

The meals themselves were quite not as expensive as I thought they might be for a restaurant of this quality - somewhat of a surprise, given the area it is in and the draw from free advertising the TV show provides it. Note, though, that the drinks here are very expensive - that seems to be where they make the bug bucks!

As for clientele, you'll get the best and worst of Beverly Hills here but that's surely exactly what you would expect in a restaurant like this.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Lovely Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We had a nice time here. I didn't know who Lisa Vanderplump was before I got there, another in our party is a Housewive's of BH fan. Anyway, given the pedigree, the dining room seemed a little dated. It was very clean and fresh but just seemed a little dated. The staff was GREAT. Very good looking (as it should be in BH) and very friendly and attentive. The tuna tartare was one of the best I've had anywhere. I also ordered the Paella and although it was a very well prepared and delicious entree, it wasn't paella, it was risotto. Very good risotto, but risotto. I guess that's one of my pet peaves, not calling something what it is on the menu. Also, they lost a star because they are still selling Chilean Sea Bass. Get with it chef, it's an endangered species and has been for some time. Give the little rascals a break and we can all enjoy it again in a few years.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wonderful food, atmosphere and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had the Penne pasta with Tiger Prawns, it was very flavorful and there were at least 6 prawns! We also had their signature Rose wine, it was so delicious we bought a bottle to bring back to Minnesota with us. It was a great experience and when I am back in the area, I will definitely go again.

• 5 of 5 stars Food