“Very Disappointed” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)

You added Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel) to your Saves list
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9500 Wilshire Boulevard, Rodeo Dr., Beverly Hills, CA 90212   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Advance Purchase Package
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Strong Beach, CA
“Very Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2008

I'm rating this as "terrible" because I'm comparing it to other hotels I've stayed at. I don't believe I'm a picky person at all but when I pay this much money to stay in a hotel that felt like I was staying at the local HoJo, I get irritated.

Our first experience with the BW staff was to valet our car and the gentlemen in charge of this was very polite and made sure our luggage got to our room etc. To him and only him I give 5 stars.

Our next experience was the checking in and while the lobby was very pretty (loved the Jimmy Choo shoe tree), I was annoyed by the staff we encountered. When you come in from the valet you have two sides of the room with two desks to choose from. We took the left side and stood there waiting, and then waited and oh we waited some more. The entire time we waited there was a woman working on a computer who glanced up at us a FEW times but said nothing. I assumed she was busy and we would then be helped by one of the other staff members but that's silly of me to stand in front of someone with a name tag on who is standing behind a desk who looks like she might be an employee. Hmmm. After having to give the "look" of HELLO Can you help me, the young lady finally addressed me. Apparently I wasn't at the 'check-in' desk and she would gladly walk me over to the desk where someone could assist me. I looked around and of course there isn't a sign anywhere stating where check-in is exactly. It might be helpful to add a “check-in” sign BW if your employees are going to be rude and avoid helping you. Just a suggestion!

The young lady who checked me in was nice but I had a feeling that if we weren't in jeans, a hoody and a beanie, we might have been treated better. Perhaps if I had my fur coat on like the lady next to us we would have been treated with a bit more courtesy. I just figured that if I'm spending this much money I'd get treated a certain way.

The room. The room was shocking to say the least. Two double beds and not a king like we requested. When we called we were informed that the hotel was booked and that was the only room available. HOW Lovely for my husband and I to have two double beds, very I love Lucy like. This really wouldn't have been a big issue had the beds actually been comfortable but since they were some of the worst mattresses I have ever been on, it pissed me off even more. Dare I mention the squeaky springs that stuck into our backs or what about the sheets that any time you moved sounded like paper being crumbled up? I experienced one of the worst night’s sleep I have ever had. I believe we both got around 4 hours of sleep total.

The bathroom. Was nice, but again not the nicest I have been in. The water pressure though was amazing. That however does not outweigh the negative.

We decided to check out early so we could go home and take a nap on our nice tempurpedic mattress! OF course we couldn't get out without another run in with bad customer service. My husband gave the valet our ticket (did I mention it's a $40 charge to park over night? on top of the $500 a night! haha). Well we stand there and wait with some other people and we realize people are getting their cars, people who came after us...I go up to the valet and ask where my car is, they have no idea who we are, what kind of car we have etc. They forgot about our ticket! We waited for 20 minutes for our car and no apologies from anyone; they seemed annoyed that we even asked!

All in all if you are reading this and considering staying here please don't. DO not spend your money on this fancy Howard Johnson of a hotel. Go down the street and stay at the new Montage or something...this place needs a serious upgrade of staff as well as the hotel itself.

• Liked — The water pressure in the bathroom...and that's it!
  • Disliked — The entire place sucked!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Indonesian first
kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2008

Having arrived after a ten and a half hour flight from fiji, and having been to four other destination's on our honeymoon getting to the end of our journey was a relief.

Not just to get here finally but to be greeted like celebrities we felt like royalty.

We were amazed , when we got to the the airport which was having loads of work done and had to que for about twenty minutes to go through and have our finger print's done and a photo taken .

Was tired and just wanted to get to the hotel was met by a private transfer lincoln car which was lovely and comfortable and the driver was really nice and friendly.

Arrived at the hotel and was amazes by LA we were greeted out of the car, all the door's were open for us and everyone was so polite.

We were taken in to the hotel and in to the foyer and to the most happiest and efficent Evan who was amazingly helpfull, not only did he give us a free up grade to a suite instead of a deluxe room, which was amzing and big.

I did truly feel like pretty woman was shown to our room by Evan who worked on reservation's the bag's were there within minuites and we got shown all around the hotel and to the restaurant's they were all ssoooooo helpfull.

We arrived on a thursday afternoon and we really were hungry went to the concierge who told us about the restaurant's in the area, everyone looked so glamorous and it is exactly what you see on the t,v.

We went to an italian just off of Rodeo Drive and it was a very friendly and family run place, the food was lovely and raesonably priced came to about £70.00 for two starters and two main courses a beer and two apple juice's.

Arrived back to the hotel and was amazed by the car's that everyone drives they are so flash.

Went to HollyWood Boulevard and it was very pretty woman and very real to what you see, we went to a diner to have a burger and chips and milkshake and went to the ripley's museum which was good and unusual.

we also went and looked at the star walk and hall of fame which was good to see.

Quite a diverse community changes as soon as it get's dark , full of tourist in the day tome and full of crack head's and hookers of the night time did not feel threatened and was there most night 's.

Really recommend to go to the cut in the hotel Wolfgang Puck Restaurant.

Went and done the where the star live's and saw all there houses, there were alot of celebrities in our hotel and famous people who were very wealthy.

The downside is that our room looked over the car car park where everyone pulls up in the flash car's so it was very noisy as it is a old building and no double glazing.

was so excited to stay here, and we did recieve a bottle of champagne and strawberries dipped in chocolate and cram which was the best i have ever eaten.

By far the best hotel and place i have been to and would return again and again loved it here.

• Liked — That i stayed in the preety woman hotel, location staff all excellent
  • Disliked — The noise
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2008

I have mixed feelings regarding this hotel. The rooms were average at best. Nothing fabulous. I stayed in the new building in a premium room but the loveseat and chair were totally outdated and the ammenities were very average. I was not impressed.

If you want to stay in Rodeo/Wilshire - the location is unbeatable. The hotel itself is very lively - I had a great time at Sidebar and The Blvd. A lot of power players at these two places. Definately a great place to enjoy a nice drink with good people.

However, I was unhappy regarding my stay and when I told the manager, Fritz, he did not seem to believe me which was extremely insulting. He and the head keeper came to my guestroom to actually check my complaint which added insult to injury. He was polite but I felt that I was in a foreign country being investigated which made me upset considering I come from a very affluent business family. I do not think he knew who I was. Anyhow, I was not impressed with this hotel and was more impressed with the Beverly Hills Hotel where I will be staying next time.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — Fritz the manager
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

Great room (double balcony exec suite with 2 bathrooms), nicely decorated. Great food, including the free cookies. Great spa, beautfiully done, with a super pool. Great "taxi", we went to shopping at the Grove and back in a Rolls Royce!

Best of all - the staff. The service from absolutely everyone was just spot-on perfect.

Expensive but worth it.

Stayed August 2008
Stockholm
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

If only Ritz-Carlton had acquired this hotel, after complaining about the literally motel room/hospital feeling in the new building, we recieved a much better suite in the old building. The staff is over-all polite and service minded with a big exception of the check-in guy who seemed to have confused himself as Rambo or perhaps as the owner of the Four Season's chain given his attitude which was not the case for the rest of the hotel staff. Beautiful view and location overlooking Rodeo Drive but nothing more than that really.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — New building
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2008

We had a fabulous 2 days at the Beverley Wilshire. The service was fantastic and rooms spectacular. The swimming pool was small, but what can you expect on the roof! The children were given personalised cookies - which they thought were amazing. The hotel operates a free taxi service within 3 miles of the hotel - using a silver Rolls Royce - we felt like royalty. A wonderful experience.

• Liked — service and location
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Southend-on-Sea, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

We stayed here for just one night after we had checked out of the Beverly Hills Hotel early because of the awful reception staff and tired and faded rooms that we had there. What a pity we didn't book the Beverly Wilshire from the outset because it was so much better. The staff could not have been nicer, the location right by Rodeo Drive was excellent, and our rooms were superb. If and when we return to LA we will choose the Beverly Wilshire every time !

Stayed July 2008

Been to Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)? Share your experiences!