“Moving On Past the Beverly Wilshire” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)

You added Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel) to your Saves list
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9500 Wilshire Boulevard, Rodeo Dr., Beverly Hills, CA 90212 (Beverly Hills)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Advance Purchase Package
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Memphis, Tennessee
“Moving On Past the Beverly Wilshire”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My son and I have been frequent guests at the BW and over the past few years. The hotel's environment and service and overall satisfaction level have greatly diminshed. My week long stay that is coming to an end marks our last stay at the BW. The professionalism is par and no better; the cleanliness is sub-par and while my beds were made, the table tops were dirty each day and the amenities in the bath were rarely replaced. I had to make nuerous calls for room service clean-up and tray removal and for simple requests like supplies. The courtesy car service was less than courteous and I had to plead a case for the car to take me an extra .4 miles after the service allowed a couple who requested a car after me to step in front of the line. The pool service was slow (although we love the poolservice personnel). The televsion is outdated and service poor. The furniture and carpets are not clean and are outdated. While I'm paying over $1300 a night, there is not one offering from the hotel includuig fruit or a chocolate on my pillow or a nice treat for my son despite being frequent guests (although this shoudl be standard for all guests here). It's really too bad that a property with such a rich history and great address has let it's service model and recovery go unchecked. We're moving on past the BW. Today we toured othe hotels in Beverly Hills to make our plans for our return visit in July.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
BevWilHotel, Manager at Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointment with your experience specifically, the quality of your guest room, the cleanliness, the slow service and the overall lack of attention to detail. Clearly this is not who we are or what Four Seasons' represents.

I would very much like the opportunity to speak with you personally to discuss your experience as well as offer my sincerest apologies. My intention is to reach out to your tomorrow based on your at departure. My hope is that I will find a way to make amends.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Indonesian first
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stay here about about 5 to 6 times per year every time I am in LA and I have been coming here for over 5 years. I am always very happy with the room, the service and the location is great. You are in the middle of Beverly Hills and a lot of restaurants and shopping is in walking distance. Also Hollywood and Century City is just a short drive by car and cab and the hotel has either 3 or 4 house cars that are available for house guests to bring you to shops or restaurants that are within a few miles. The rooms are nice and spacious, the staff is always very friendly. It has a nice gym and a great small pool that is great to hang out after a long day at work or shopping. Prices are high, but that is to be expected for a Four Seasons and at this location.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have traveled a good amount in my life, and the service at the Beverly Wilshire was as good as any I have ever seen!!! My family including wife and two daughters were with me and the staff was soooo helpful throughout. My younger daughter was sick, and there was help getting medicine. There was customzied treats of chololate for my daughters. I could go on and on!!! You were the best and I would recommend anyone stay there.

I would also like to single out the lead doorman, coordinator. I believe his name was Francis? He was so polite and helpful. Please give him a raise, promotion, or tell him he's great.

I hope to stay with you again and will recommend you to all my friends.

Jon Barney

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review about your family's recent stay.

I could not be more delighted to read your comments and it will be my pleasure to share them with the team, specifically Francis. Franis is a definite asset and represents our commitment to creating exceptional guest experiences.

Thank you again for your feedback as well as your patronage. Please feel free to reach out to me directly when your travels next bring you to Beverly Hills.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Very expensive, of course, but there is a certain value to it all. The staff is extremely helpful, and the location is excellent. I have been coming here for a number of years, and the hotel has taken on a new role. It is now no longer a shining star among many, but an oasis from the general decline of LA. I like the hotel now even more than I once did.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent, but the original tower with a view towards Rodeo is, of course, ideal.
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review and your comments about our commitment to service.

For us, service is everything and I am thankful that your experience was indicative of our commitment to excellence.

Please let me know when your travels bring you back to Beverly Hills as I would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This beautiful property is located in an upscale shopping and dining district. The hotel and valet staff are first rate - very kind, friendly, and professional. I was offered an upgraded suite upon check-in. The room was quite large, with floor-to-ceiling windows and a sizable marble bathroom. The conference facilities are large and comfortable. There are many great hotel options in Beverly Hills, but the warm hospitality of this hotel staff makes all the difference.

Room Tip: It appears most all rooms overlook a street (Beverly, Wilshire, Rodeo, Camden, El Camino), but some...
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

My stay was very brief...just overnight before heading back to airport in the next morning. Check in was late at night and very quick. Such nice and helpful staff from the time I checked in to the time I checked out. I was upgraded to a larger room but I have to say, the room had very dated decor. That said, it clean and the bed was comfortable. It is central to the famous shopping area so that's another benefit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is one of the most ugly hotel i ever stayed. We had a suite. The lamp was already coming down when we entered the room. Old couches, ugly used carpets. the walls were kind of scratched and almost broken. Belive me. You won't like it. Its just famous because of pretty woman. thats it. Over over over priced place for what it is. We ate also at CUT restaurant. It was totally overpriced. I mean of course people who never been in places like this they love it. But nothing special. Only the entrance with the beautiful flowers is worthy. But you wanna pay that much money for entrance to see flowers? We payed over 2000USD a night and it was not worthy at all. The pictures look great in the internet. I think also some parts been renovated. But when we checked in we were put in the worst place ever. Never again. Prefer Luxe on Rode. Oh and breakfast was totally over priced!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for new renovated rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)? Share your experiences!