“Iconic - but I was disappointed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)

Save Saved
You added Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel) to your Saves list
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9500 Wilshire Boulevard, Rodeo Dr., Beverly Hills, CA 90212   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Fourth Night Free!
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Largs
“Iconic - but I was disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We spent 2 nights at the Beverly Wilshire before a cruise. The room was excellent - we had been upgraded due to refurbishment work being carried out. The service was also excellent. However, I have stayed in better hotels for a fraction of the price. Don't bother eating in Cut. Michelin star food it ain't, unless American beef is just fundamentally less tasty than Scottish beef.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
BevWilHotel, Manager at Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent stay.

Please accept my apologies that your experience was not exceptional. We take tremendous pride in creating great memories and clearly we have failed to do that during your visit. I was also sorry to learn of your disappointment with CUT and rest assured your comments have been shared with the management team.

I would very much appreciate the opportunity to speak with your directly about your feedback. Please feel free to reach out to me when it is convenient for you.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Indonesian first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We began the first night of our honeymoon here in LA before heading to Tahiti. Typical of the 4 seasons service--they upgraded us upon arrival and we had a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries ready in our room to congratulate us on our honeymoon. The suite (711) was amazing, overlooking beverly hills, we loved the bathroom with the giant spa bath and the very elegant vanity station where I could do my makeup.

Room service was excellent, my husband claimed he had the best club sandwich of his life at room service. The car service was immensely helpful--driving us to the comedy store on our night out. The concierge was super friendly and always helpful. After staying in NY hotels LA seemed like a very ideal tourist destination-everyone super beautiful and helpful.

The location was great for us, we walked right out onto Rodeo drive.
We promised ourselves the next time we came back we would always stay at the Beverly Wilshire, we were so well taking care of!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Booked a suite on the 7th floor during Dec.

Excellent points
- amazing entrance
- amazing foyer
- amazing Christmas tree
- room was decorated nicely and very large...
- huge bathroom with vanity station, double sinks, spa bath which is normal size bath, nice shower head with blast of water
- room service excellent and quick

I didn't like the hallway...needs some decorating love and things in it. Very long hallways.

Staff at the front desk could smile a bit more upon check in...European staff.

The front restaurant was ok, fun to people watch. Service was average. Lunch menu was not my taste.

Doorman were excellent and friendly.

The location is excellent for shopping on Rodeo Drive.

Paid around $ 780 aprox per night.

Point that could make a better impression would be to have the lights on in the room upon arrival, music and have the person quickly show you around the suite.
For example, I only worked out that there was a door to close bedroom off on second night. I kept getting woken up by neighbours coming and going from their room. This door was in hallway not in the room so I missed it.
Overall excellent stay and would recommend.

Room Tip: Book a larger room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

With a superb staff & luxurious suites - I highly recommend staying at this 5-star hotel. I've stayed at several other hotels within the area, and I can say that the BW will provide the most ideal experience overall. The location is perfect, the gym is clean, the house car is convenient, the Blvd restaurant is delightful for breakfast and I can go on and on... During the Christmas season, the decor is especially beautiful. And as I said - the staff & suites are impeccable. Go, stay and enjoy! ~Kristina S.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
BevWilHotel, Manager at Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking to post your review of your recent stay.

We take tremendous pride in creating exceptional guest experiences and I am so pleased that our efforts were successful.

We look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back.

Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This hotel is iconic mostly because of the film, pretty woman.
On the outside the hotel looks amazing, the lobby does look beautiful but the rooms are simply dated. The pool is shocking.
Service throughout the hotel is great however in terms of value for money I would not recommend this hotel. The location is very convinient for walking down rodeo but no one in Los Angeles walks anywhere.
I would not recommend staying here

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Excellent service, friendly staff, awesome location, prompt valet service, very comfortable and spacious rooms. The holiday decorations were gorgeous! This was definitely a great choice and I would recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Beverly Hills does not come close to Chicago, SF, NY or London when it comes to holiday spirit so trying to find a place that gives you that feeling is a challenge. From the moment I walked in to the lobby and saw the Christmas tree decked out in Tiffany boxes and the wonderful smell of the trees and decorations I knew I was in the right place. I met girlfriends for a holiday dinner at The Boulevard restaurant. Most would have had dinner at Wolfgang Puck - Cut but who needs all that noise and over prices steak. Our dinner at the Boulevard was wonderful, the service spectacular and sitting in an elegant room with the band playing softly in the background was perfect.

I have never stayed at the hotel but have friends that did and they love its close proximity to Rodeo Drive and all the great restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: Only ate at the restaurant have not stayed in one of the rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
BevWilHotel, Manager at Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent dinner at THEBlvd.

It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the team in the restaurant as well as with our in-house florist who is responsible for making the hotel look so fabulous and festive.

I wish you a very enjoyable holiday season and all the best for 2013.

Hotel Manager

Been to Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)? Share your experiences!