“Good, but fell short of the hype” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)

You added Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel) to your Saves list
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9500 Wilshire Boulevard, Rodeo Dr., Beverly Hills, CA 90212   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Advance Purchase Package
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Sydney, Australia
“Good, but fell short of the hype”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed here for business when I was travelling through the US in October, and whilst a nice hotel, it was a little hyped up. The service was good, though was often very slow. They were renovating at the time and hence couldn't use the balcony. Had several troubles with WiFi in the room which as travelling for work was a bit frustrating. Others have written favourable things so maybe this was just my bad luck and one of those slightly disspointing trips which can happen.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
BevWilHotel, Manager at Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay.

I am truly sorry that your experience was not up to your expectations. We are completing a restoration of the balconies on the Beverly Wing of the hotel that will be completed by the end of January. I must also apologize for the issues you experienced with the internet. As a business traveller, we completely recognized this is an absolute basic and we have taken action to improve our infrastructure to ensure there is adequate band-width for all of our guests.

I would be delighted to discuss your concerns directly should you wish to reach out to me and even more delighted to welcome you back should your travels bring you back to Beverly Hills.

Again thank you for your comments.

Meredtih Macfarlane
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Indonesian first
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed at the Beverly Wilshire twice recently, both times for business conference/meetings. On our first stay, we were offered a room on the fourth floor right near the elevators. The desk agent made certain to let us know that we could change rooms if the noise or location were unacceptable; we stayed. The room was lovely and large with a comfortable seating area, work desk, plenty of storage and all the necessary modern amenities. Three windows provided lots of natural light and a view of Rodeo Drive; the marble bath was luxurious with two more windows and a separate vanity/make-up table with mirror.
On our second stay, the room was in the Beverly wing and was considerably smaller but it did have a small balcony overlooking the pool. The bedroom was nicely appointed and the bathroom small, but fine. Definitely preferred the first room, the location and noise weren’t an issue for us.

The lobby and public rooms are elegant, the service attentive and professional. Gym facilities are well equipped and maintained; the pool, while small, is very pretty. The Sidebar is the cool and trendy place for drinks.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Our stay at the Wilshire was a great experience. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the staff was attentive, helpful and knowledgeable.

All in all the staff employed by the Wilshire are fantastic and we will definitely recommend staying there to friends and family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
BevWilHotel, Manager at Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a kind review.

The team at the hotel takes tremendous pride in extending service and I am completely delighted that your experience was indicative of that commitment.

We look forward to be your host the next time your travels bring you back to Beverly Hills.

Meredith Macfarlane
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We are staying here for two nights. They are undergoing renovation at the moment, however we didn't have any disruptions. We received a beautiful fruit plate on arrival and the suite we stayed in was very spacious with two TVs. room service food was scrumptious! After we dropped our car to the valet, we realized the next day that our car had a flat tire. The tire had a nail in it - the valet had accidentally driven over a nail. We needed to get to a meeting today, but couldn't drive the car. All of our plans had to be rearranged. The management (Igor) went above and beyond to fix our tire and give us a room for another night, as we have to wait for our car to be fixed tomorrow. The service is unmatched and we would like to thank management for doing everything they can to fix the problem. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your stay.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced a flat tire but I am pleased we were able to assist. Igor is a definite asset to our team and it will be my pleasure to share your comments with him.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when your travels next bring you back to Beverly Hills.

Meredith Macfarlane
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This was our second time at this hotel and it was just as great as the last time. On arrival, after terrible flights, we were exhausted and we were upgraded to a junior suite with two bathrooms! The staff were fabulous, the concierge especially, and every breakfast we had was great. We will be back next year!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is my second trip to this hotel this year and the service here is truly remarkable. I have stayed in many five star hotels and have not experienced the level of service that I have with the staff at this hotel.

On my first visit in August 2012, I reserved and paid for the room through American Express. Before arriving at the hotel, I called and asked for a rollaway bed to be sent to the room. The reservations staff at the hotel informed me that the type of room booked did not allow a roll away bed. I was told that the hotel was booked and the only solution offered would be to stay in a room that was over a thousand dollars for one night. Through a series of events I became frustrated with the situation and said I would handle the matter when I pysically arrived on site which at that point would be in a few minutes.

I arrived at the hotel extremely upset and tired from a long day of travel fully expecting to have continued conflct with no resolution. I approached the front desk asking for a manager so I could explain what happened and tell him I did not like any of the solutions offered and just wanted to be refunded for the night I paid for and move to another hotel.

The staff at the front desk were very attentive and imediately sent Ahmed over to speak with me. I explained what happened to him and a few of the solutions offered that I did not care for. Ahmed patiently listened to me and simply said not to worry he would handle it. He did not just handle the situation, he went above an beyond the call of duty to turn around a customer who planned on never staying at the Beverly Wilshire into repeat guest who could not wait to return. There are many beautiful hotels with amazing amenities to choose from but I believe the true test of success is when you have conflicts and how your staff overcomes them. In this case, Ahmed represents everything you would expect from the Four Seasons and much more. My family was treated like royal guests. The entire staff from the doorman to housekeeping could not have been better. Every need was anticipated and our family so well taken care of our three girls did not want to leave.

I have returned to the Beverly Wilshire again this time with just one daughter and did not expect our experience could match the first time but it has on every level. The service here is excellent and what every hotel should strive to be.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dudley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The service at the hotel was exemplary, from the moment we checked in we were treated perfectly by every member of staff.

The hotel has a luxurious, yet comfortable style and not at all stuffy. The restaurant served a quality breakfast and nothing was too much trouble.

We were warned well in advance by a telephone call to our home in the UK that the hotel may not be at its best due to building work being carried out giving us the opportunity to cancel if we wanted. We stuck with it and they upgraded us to an excellent studio room. The outlook could have been better due to the building works but this was not too much of an issue.

The location was perfect, right opposite Rodeo Drive and Tiffany's.

They make all guests feel special and valued for example - one morning, at breakfast, we were seated on a table next to actor Patrick Stewart and I couldn't help but notice we were given exactly the same level of care and respect a sign of a very good hotel.

For the service and quality of hotel, although expensive it was good value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)? Share your experiences!