“A VIP Experience - wonderful, friendly hotel with superior location, rooms and unparalleled service and staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)

Save Saved
You added Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel) to your Saves list
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9500 Wilshire Boulevard, Rodeo Dr., Beverly Hills, CA 90212   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Fourth Night Free!
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We were very impressed with the BW. It was our first stay there and the location and service wwere brilliant. I was travelling with two teenagers and was upgraded to better sleeping arrangements which was much appreciated. We visited in July 2012 and did not find the hotel noisy at all. When one of my children was unwell, they sent out for medication and delivered it to the room. Loved it and will go back SOON!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Indonesian first
houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

The Beverly Wilshire is not a relaxing place to stay for those of you who are looking for peace and quiet. It's very "alive" in the evenings, with entertainment and hustle in the lobbies on both sides of the property. Wolgang Puck's 5-star restaurant, Cut, is in the back lobby, which is next to the restaurant's annex, Sidebar, which is always bustling late in the evenings -- and particularly on the weekends. In the front of the hotel, the main bar is also very happening most of the time, with live entertainment and a see-and-be-seen vibe. It's very Old World! The fabrics, the colors, the textures all work together in a very cozy, sophisticated way. If you like sitting outside, you can also dine in front of the hotel, which has seating right on Wilshire and Rodeo. I always feel well taken care of at this property and I never fail to have memorable experiences. The property's only downside for me is that the fitness area is very small. So for those of you who need more in the way of equipment and a big gym feel, I would suggest sports Clubs LA just a block away. Speak to the concierge and they'll give you a pass. One final note: If you do want quiet, ask for a room away from the breezeway between the front and back of the hotel. It gets very busy on the weekends and noise can be a problem, particularly on the lower floors. Nonetheless, the 5-star rating still stands. If you want the feel of Beverly Hills with its colorful characters and interesting going's on, this is the place to be.

Room Tip: Upper floors away from the breezeway.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
BevWilHotel, Manager at Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I am thoroughly delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us specifically the ambience we have created. I am sorry that you found the fitness area to be small but I am pleased our Concierge team was able to get you right!

It is my hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Meredith Macfarlane
Knoxville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

The Beverly Wilshire is an absolute perfect location. Situated at the end of rodeo, you can walk anywhere you want to in Beverly Hills. The hotel lobby is beautiful and the concierges were great in making a reservation for my mother's birthday. My room was great. Overly spacious, but lacking any decoration. It was mostly just stark white walls. The bathroom was completely luxurious with marble everywhere. My only complaint about this hotel was how busy it was. Being an icon, I should have expected this. The first night I stayed there was One Direction being blasted in the room above me until about 4 in the morning. I would stay here again, but would prepare for a completely full hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This was my first stay at the BW. The room itself was very large, luxurious and clean. And the common areas (lobby, restaurant, etc.) were absolutely beautiful! Service was friendly and fast--I forgot my shaving cream and the staff rushed up a complementary travel size can in about 2 minutes! The BLVD restaurant is fantastic for breakfast (I did not have any other meals there). Try the delicious fruit juices from France. I will definitely return!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This was the final hotel stop on our month long Californian trip down the pacific coast highway from San Francisco to LA. A bit of an indulgence we thought for our last night. I had always seen this hotel as an icon facing Rodeo Drive and it was the hotel featured in the film Pretty Woman where Richard Gere's Edward stays with Julia Robert's Miss Vivian. In my mind we were going to walk into utter opulence, LA splendour and be pampered and waited on hand and foot. Nothing could be further from what we experienced. My excitement did begin on arrival at the car valet area which is located in the centre of the hotel which is actually split into two buildings, front and back. The front overlooks Wilshire Boulevard and Rodeo Drive. Entrance to the Lobby from the valet area is through the usual array of glitzy shops you see in most city centre 5 star hotels. There was no wow factor as we walked up to check in desk, no outstanding welcome and my excitement slowly disappeared and my expectations dashed as we were "processed" , handed our keys and directed back through the valet area to the back building where our suite was located. I don't think that there was actually anything wrong with the check in per se but I just expected more! Our suite was situated in the back building overlooking the pool area. We had a large bedroom and a sitting room both with balconies and both with a full bathroom which was fun. Once again we were not bowled over with the suite, it had everything you expect but it was just ordinary and I expected more.

The pool area was full of young girls having a birthday party so the noise level was that of very excited young girls shouting and enjoying themselves. We chose to go to the pool to grab the last rays of sun as this was our last stop. The seating around the pool is regimented in rows with tented cabana seating sections at the back. These were all being used for the party so were unavailable. My expectations of The Beverly Wilshire pool area was an exclusive peaceful sun drenched area with slick waiters swishing in and out bringing us anything we wanted. Smart well heeled well dressed guests in expensive sun glasses raising their hand and being waited on. I was clearly in the wrong place and I was at the wrong hotel. It was nothing like that at all. People shouting at each other, a bunch of loud happy partying young girls, waiting staff hustling people to and from the lines of deck chairs and loud piped music being played throughout the area. I ordered a stiff drink, put on my Bose quiet comfort headphones and closed my eyes to cur out the mayhem. Around the pool is a cafe and a well stocked gym and also there is also the spa area. The pool itself was nice but on our visit crowded with people so it was impossible to actually swim as most people were standing around in the water talking or children were splashing about. I am making more if this pool area as our room overlooked it and the noise continued until the last guests left the area, of course. The annoying music continued until 21:00 and closing the balcony doors did not prevent us hearing it. We prefer fresh air to air conditioning and slept with all the balcony doors open so we were woken the next morning at 6am by early morning swimmers and 8am by the music starting up again.

As I said at the start of this review, my expectations were too high and this hotel is a commercial 5 star city centre hotel. Not the icon I had imagined it to be. If you are troubled by noise in your room don't be around the pool area. Do not expect any opulence anywhere as I did, it is a bustling place and the Pretty Woman film dramatisation of the sophisticated hotel is the imagination of the film producer portrayed extremely well in the film but it is not a reality.

In conclusion, The Beverly Wilshire will set you back south of £500 a night in a basic suite - If you want to be opposite Rodeo Drive and in this location it is perfect but if I went to LA again I would stay somewhere more upscale in the hills.

I gave the hotel my review in reply to an email I received from Four Seasons and I had a call from the hotel when I arrived home. I called the number they left but it was a non working US mobile number. At least they tried to reach me and responded to my review.

Room Tip: Don't be round the pool if noise is a problem to you. The best Roons are in the front building o...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Please accept my apologies for your disappointment with your experience specifically with the level of business you enountered while enjoying the pool. The atmosphere we have created at the pool is to be a relfection of the hotel itself, busy, fun and vibrant. I do apologize that this was not your experience.

I would be delighted to speak with you personally regarding your stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Again, thank you for the feedback.

Meredith Macfarlane
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Wonderful hotel - hope to return asap - close to all the shopping experiences and not too far from Hollywood hills - just a great spot

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
san francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel when we were in town for my niece's graduation from UCLA. There is a certain cache attached to this hotel so I was expecting a superior touch of elegance and class. In some aspects I was not disappointed, but felt let down in others. I have to say, the staff was excellent in every way, from the valets to the reception to the pool attendants. However, I was less than impressed with our room. The bedding was nothing special, surprising for a hotel of this class, but what really irked me was the bathroom. Whomever they had hired to paint was not a master of his craft. We recently renovated our home so I am very conscious of the quality of paint jobs. Paint lines were uneven and, unforgivably, there were very noticeable splotches- on the bathroom counter no less. I can't believe management let these glaring mistakes go uncorrected. I felt like getting a scraper and scraping those paint splashes myself, they irritated me so much. Hopefully, the Wilshire will realize that guests do notice these little things and do their best to raise their standard of quality control.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after staying with us for your niece's graduation.

I very much appreciate your comments regarding the guest room and have shared the feedback with our Director of Engineering so that he can review in greater detail.

It certainly would be my pleasure to speak to you directly regarding your experience. Please feel free to contact me so that we can discuss your comments in greater detail.

Meredith

Been to Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)? Share your experiences!