“I keep thinking about it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills

You added Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills to your Saves list
Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9400 West Olympic Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90212 (Beverly Hills)   |
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“I keep thinking about it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Avalon Hotel for four nights in March and I can't stop thinking about it!

When we got to the hotel we were immediately greeted by the valet staff who were all quite friendly and professional. A woman met us at the door with a bright smile and she was so welcoming. The counter staff were all very nice, very accommodating and welcoming and took the time to introduce us to the area, ask us about the types of things we were interested in and expressed enthusiasm about our plans. We were showed to our room promptly and introduced to the amenities of the hotel.

The room was clean. The bed was SO comfortable and the style of the room was just what we were looking for, simple, elegant and vintage. I ended up sick with cold for the majority of our trip so spent a lot of time in bed, which was surprisingly fine by me because I was so comfortable there. At one point I lost the signal on the T.V but someone was sent to my room immediately to fix it. The maintenance guys who came to the room were incredibly polite and friendly. The food at the restaurant was awesome and the service staff very attentive.

Although my boyfriend and I were not very interested in Beverly Hills as an area, I think we would stay at the Avalon Hotel just for the sake of the room and the hotel service.

Reading other reviews about the style of the rooms being "dated" made me chuckle... it's a vintage style hotel, perhaps don't go to a hotel that prides itself in maintaining its original vibe and hit up the local Sheraton?

Anyway... I loved it. I want to go back. Canada is too cold :)

Room Tip: Close the doors to the balcony if you're on the pool side if you're looking for quiet and ba...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Expedia picked this place for us, so we didn't know what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised. This boutique hotel is tucked away at the edge of a nice residential neighborhood. Really lovely, spacious, well designed euro-modern rooms and decor. The pool area is a great place to gather for cocktails. The food we had was very good, and the staff quite attentive. I would stay here again

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is situated in a good district. I took a walk in the morning and most people wished me a good morning. We found the hotel staff all very friendly and interested in us and what we did in the day. Having hired a car, we found the location good but would be challenging without a car. The hotel rooms are compact but functional. We enjoyed our evenings around the pool and happy hour meals were good value. The car valet service was excellent. However, on a couple of nights we were woken by people talking outside the reception, a gang of drunken youths who knocked on all the doors in the secondary block and a small earthquake 3.5

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

So very disappointed in the hotel. The iconic swimming pool was under construction during spring break & Easter weekend. Why would a hotel do that. More upsetting was they told me as we checked in. This is information that should have been relayed to me prior to arrival so I could of made other arraignments. Staff said they didn't have my information to give me this important news - really??? The hotel told me I could use the pool at another hotel & would pay the taxi. No taxi available, so I walked. The other hotel was very confused, but nice as to why I was looking to use their pool when I wasn't a guest. Not only that the pool wasn't open at the other hotel. I booked Avalon because of the pool & when I travel half way across the country on vacation & it's closed I was upset. Upset because they should have communicated it to me. Also, there is a hotel lobby, but all rooms are not enclosed. I didn't feel there was enough security.

Room Tip: All rooms face pool. However, they are not enclosed & there is no security.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Kelley V,
I am disappointed to learn about your experience due to the renovations of the pool. Although my team tried to reach out to as many of our guests as possible to notify them of the pool closure, we were unable to contact several reservations, in particular those who had book through third party sites. I am delighted to report that the work has been completed and we have been able to return our iconic pool to its original beauty. Kindly contact me directly at the hotel so that we can discuss your experience in further detail and to ensure that you give us another try.
Bakersfield, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was greeted by Brian the valet. I got out he asked for last name. I said Little. Mean while I unloaded my entire car while he stood there looking on a list for my name. I said can I get help here. His reply was your names not on the list so your not checked in. So I carried my own stuff in and checked in. Once checked in I noticed the pools closed. They said you can walk to another hotel and use theirs or take a cab. I'm think me walking up beverly blvd in my speedo in middle of Beverly Hills will be a hit. I walked into my tiny room I'm talking maybe 200 square feet. Queen size bed. Wow this place is no 4 star best day a 3.5. I went down checked out and am now in another much nicer hotel where the pool is actually on site.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Tommy L,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am disappointed to learn about your experience. Please rest assured that the service you received from our valet team is well below our standards. We are making changes to valet and moving forward the arrival experience will exceptional. In addition, I apologize about the closure of the pool and for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Our pool was undergoing a much needed face lift and I am delighted to report that the work has been completed and the results are amazing. Kindly contact me directly at the hotel so that we can discuss your experience in further detail and to ensure that you give us another try.
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Tucked away amongst lovely residences the Avalon stands out as both a place of respite and a true "design hotel". The mid-century feel is brought alive by the designer and the spaces reflect a quality only found in the top hotels around the world. The poolside cabanas offer a comfortable alcove to sip drinks and be leisurely, the restaurant is by far one of my favorites in California due to the quality of the cuisine and the overall feel and design. The small suites above the portico have a unique and very comfortable design - a small study, curved sofa, very comfortable sleeping area and best of all - LOTS of natural light and a great location in the main building. The staff at the property is friendly than ever and very eager to assist and be of service - and always with a smile and in a professional manner. The property has left the viceroy group but the owner / designer still maintain this property to an excellent calibre and truly offer a unique and lively experience in Beverly Hills.

Room Tip: A suite above the portico!
Dear Christopher P,
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your experience and that our room amenities, design and service had so much to do with that. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return visit.
Versailles, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were out on a medical trip for a few days and found the hotel to be clean and the staff very friendly and professional The rooms are older simple but nice The neighborhood is quiet and many nice eating places close by

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Matthew B, Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Marcusb76,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your recent experience.

I shared your kind comments about the outstanding service you experienced throughout your stay with us.

On behalf of the entire Avalon team, thank you again for posting this review and for choosing our hotel on your most recent visit to Beverly Hills. We hope to see you back soon.

Warm regards,

Matt Bernard
Director of Rooms

Been to Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!