“Boutique Hotel, Great staff and Restaurant!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Stay with Free Beakfast
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Hawaii
“Boutique Hotel, Great staff and Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Located in the heart of beverly hills, this nice boutique hotel offers a phenomenal restaurant, friendly staff and comfortable, clean rooms. I really enjoyed my stay here. If you get a chance to eat in their restaurant, try the pollo alla diavola - an extremely succulent and spicy chicken dish prepared to perfection - this is gourmet dining that is also available for room service. I liked it so much that I ordered it twice.

Also, rumor has it that the room that I stayed in was once occupied by Marilyn Monroe

Green Features: They actually have a green policy which lets you decide if you want to re-use towels to conserve or if you want fresh towels... I think all hotels should implement this rule.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Was here for one night on a business trip. Property is fabulous - really. I'm a mid-century geek with the appropriate house to prove it, so a chance to stay at this property is always a pleasure. They had me booked for the main building - but I'd be facing Olympic Ave. so asked for a quieter room. They were able to put me in the groovy little converted apartment building right across the little side street - apparently the former residence of Marilyn Monroe. Room was nice. Comfortable bed. Adequately quiet. I had dinner alone at the bar over at the main property and it was amazing. Everything was awesome - until I tried to take a shower upon waking the next day. I was in room 133 and the shower was a dribble. Totally not exaggerating. They obviously have to have flow restrictors for the California drought, but that combined with one of those giant make-it-rain shower heads is the absolute worst combination. Those heads require pressure to work properly - which is already a soft flow simply falling down on you. With no pressure, it was pathetic. I had to use a paper cup from my tea at PEETS the night before to get enough water at a time to adequately rinse my hair. And that cup took 20 SECONDS to fill in the shower - while it took all of 8 seconds in the sink. So the pressure is clearly there. I felt like I was camping. Having short hair saved me. If I had long hair, it would've been a disaster. I notified management about it as I was checking out and the girl at the front desk did her best to find something to discount for me - which was nice. I told her not to worry about it at that point, just get it fixed for the next guest. Anyway - note to the Avalon - if you have to use a restrictor, use a more conventional shower head that can build its own pressure. Other than that, you were awesome. I will be coming back to stay if the opportunity arises, but I'll definitely make sure the shower works properly before I settle in.

Room Tip: Ask about the shower
Green Features: They're going over-board on the whole water conservation thing.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
GuestEngagement, Guest Relations Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear vOce ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments of your recent stay with us, here at the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills. I was very pleased to learn that you enjoyed many elements of your stay with us. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with regards to the shower water pressure.

Kindly contact me directly when planning your future travels to the Beverly Hills area, so I may personally ensure that your next stay with us is nothing less than perfect.

Wiltshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've been visiting the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills for many years, and this is my third visit this year. I can't add much more over my previous reviews, just to say that the staff here are AMAZING - they welcome me by name when I arrive, and even left a little box of chocolates in my room with a hand-written note on my last visit.

If you're staying in the LA area then this is the perfect hotel to base yourself in. It's equidistant from downtown, the beach and the hills, and is in a safe residential area that's perfect for gentle evening strolls. Walk up South Beverly Drive or head south to Pico for some world-class restaurants, or head on up to Wilshire if you want to hit the shops.

The rooms are gorgeously designed and super-comfortable. The Neal George bath products in every room are very nice indeed, and all the facilities you need are available in the hotel - the small but fully stocked gym on the first floor is handy, the pool is fun, and the Oliverio restaurant is very good indeed. It's a real pleasure to sit back in a cabana with a cocktail and read a book or watch the world go by.

Special thanks to Mariya, Alessandro and Claudia on the front desk - you are a credit to the hotel business. Looking forward to seeing you again next year!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
GuestEngagement, Guest Relations Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear CotswoldFish,

Thank you for sharing such lovely comments following your most recent stay with us here at Avalon Beverly Hills.

It is always a pleasure having you with us and I was delighted to learn that you continue to enjoy your time here. I was especially pleased to read your kind note about the intuitive service you received from our team throughout your experience.

On behalf of the entire team, we are very much looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed late October for my wife's 30th birthday. The hotel upgraded our room and also gave us a bottle of Prosecco without us even asking. A wonderful touch. The rooms are very clean and the staff are very helpful (especially the guy on the front desk - I think his name was Alexsander but I'm not certain). Location is perfect and the food at the restaurant is top notch, better than a lot of the local restaurants even!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool, its beautiful
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear stum0rley,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your recent experience.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your celebratory stay with us here at Avalon Beverly Hills. Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff, I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team.

We hope to see you again very soon!

Avalon Beverly Hills
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here after upgrading with our package holiday provider in the UK and glad we did . The room was just as advertised and shown in the photos . I'm not sure Beverley hills was as we imagined so it took some getting used to for us , the valet car parking service although pricey (compulsory) , I understand in this area nothing will be cheap and the staff were so very helpful and cheerful . We ate breakfast by the pool which was wonderful and not that expensive esp as we used some of our $25 credit from not having room service. We enjoyed the quirky hotel but agree with a few other comments some of the bathrooms need modernising with rails /touching up in areas. I also have to agree with some other comments that it's almost too retro and not that it's the Avalons fault but more that there are cheap retro copies these days that almost brings down the tone of a genuine retro glam hotel. Overall we slept well , enjoyed exploring LA , and the bathroom products are to DIE for - lovely hair and shower products .

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
GuestEngagement, Guest Relations Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear redbrookreview,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your recent experience.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Avalon Beverly Hills, especially our bathroom amenities!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Avalon Beverly Hills!

Warm regards,

Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

I really enjoyed the hotel which is very unique and have a very
good and friendly stuff, but being at the second floor I suffered from
a lot of noise coming from the above, probably due to wooden floor
in the room above me. every step there could be easily heard.

Room Tip: at the highest floor
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
GuestEngagement, Guest Relations Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, November 6, 2014
Dear Mickey S ,

Thank you for posting this review and sharing your recent experience of the Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills.

While disappointed that you encountered a noise issue, I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your overall stay at our hotel.

Kindly reach out to me directly the next time you are visiting the Beverly Hills area. I would be delighted to personally assist with your arrangements

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

The Avalon Hotel was our daughter's choice to host out of town wedding guests for her wedding at the Smog Shoppe in Culver City. It was a good location for accessing LAX and exploring LA. 24 rooms were reserved for the event and the rehearsal dinner was also held here. Everything worked out well, the rooms were nice, the staff was very accommodating and the rehearsal dinner meal was very good. It was a bit awkward and expensive to use valet parking (not optional) anytime we needed something from the car (and our cars were loaded with things for the wedding), but we understand the need since the hotel is located in a residential area. Since the theme of the wedding was a retro feel, the hotel décor and ambiance fit right it. We had hoped to take a few pre-wedding photo shots at the hotel, but the hotel charges (handsomely) for that privilege and so unfortunately we had no pictures taken there, which was one of the reasons this hotel was selected in the first place.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Dear hapi2travel ,

Thank you for sharing such lovely comments following your recent stay with us here at Avalon Beverly Hills.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we were delighted to learn that you were pleased with our convenient location, rooms and the service received from our staff.

Thank you again for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. We hope to see you back soon!

Best Regards,

Guest Engagement Manager

Been to Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!