“Great customer service very cute hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Stay with Free Beakfast
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
New York, NY
“Great customer service very cute hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed at the Avalon one night for business.
Hotel is very cute and boutique like. Rooms are spacious and clean with balconies overlooking the pool..loved that! Room even had a fridge...great since there was a grocery store a few blocks away. If I had stayed longer I would have taken advantage . The pool is in the center surrounded by the restaurant. At night I sat there had a drink. In the morning I had a yummy breakfast by the pool. I thought it was nice that the manager called to make sure everything was ok with the room. When I checked out I mentioned that there had been an issue with the AC but I was there one night so it was no big deal. The manager could not have been more apologetic and she handled it right away. Location is close to Rodeo Drive...very convenient... I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear EstelleHNewYork_,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Avalon. I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel, amenities, location and food. I do apologize about the issue with the AC unit in your room but delighted to know that our guest services manager was able to handle the issue to your satisfaction. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Diego Heredia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed at the Avalon at the end of June. I had not been back to the hotel since the week it originally opened! It was even better than I remember. The staff was outstanding from the moment we pulled up outside. Amber gave us a gracious and warm welcome at the front desk and really has a knack for making people feel special! She made a point of getting to know us a bit and was a delight to speak with throughout our stay. We even received an upgrade to have a patio during our stay. A real treat!

The staff of the restaurant were exceptional, as well. Everyone was very attentive and truly cared about our experience. The cocktails are out of this world! I could sit and sip next to the pool all day long. We chose to have breakfast at the pool the following morning and it could not have been better. The Sunday paper, delicious coffee and mimosas coupled with terrific service made our last day in LA a memorable one.

I'm not sure what took me so long to come back, but I can assure you it won't be that long again. I think we've found our regular spot for future visits! Kudos to Amber and the entire staff! We look forward to our return.

Room Tip: If you can get a patio, do it!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Shermanscorner,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay in June. I am thrilled that you found the hotel better than you remembered from your last stay. I appreciate your wonderful comments about the accommodations, amenities, food and cocktails. Most importantly, I am delighted that my team made such a wonderful impression in particular Amber. I have shared your comments with all of them and made certain that Amber was recognized accordingly. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed at Avalon this past weekend, for 3 nights in a Jr. Suite. At first we couldn't find the hotel from the address stated on our GPS, because there are no clear signs or lights to direct us. From the outside, the hotel does look a bit worn, but stepping inside... everything is modern, nice, and retro. I loved the color scheme of the hotel, our room.. white, grey and turquoise decor. Loved the room, very homey and didn't feel like a stuffy steril hotel. The $31 a day valet was a bit steep but the hotel staff was very accommodating bringing the car around anytime of the day or night. Wonderful service, great members of the staff, very accommodating. I feel valued at the hotel because they learned my name. Had a great time with the Viceroy brand.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Babielo,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you have found a cool home away from home at the Avalon. Thank you for your comments about the décor and amenities but most importantly about the wonderful service you received from the team. On behalf of everyone at the Avalon, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Avalon hotel Beverly Hills
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business and booked it last minute so I didn't have time to research in advance. I was really blown away by the front desk staff that were down to earth, gracious and happy. So often you see front desk people who seem barely alive. I did not book direct as I used HotelTonight so I was concerned I might get a tiny room. They treated me like a VIP guest and actually gave me a couple of options between the two different buildings and went through the pros and cons of each. I choose the quieter building with the larger room. The front desk guy (cant remember his name but he was from CT) actually walked me to the room while telling me about the hotel. Again, great service. Its a converted apartment building but its very hip and cool without being pretentious. I didn't have a view; however, the room was very spacious and the bed comfortable. When I came down in the evening I was called by name and asked if I needed any help for restaurant ideas or directions. Just very nice to be recognized. I highly recommend this for a business or leisure trip for adults. Probably not great very young kids but older kids might like it. Also, the restaurant by the pool was excellent. Try the Kale Caesar salad if still on the menu.

Room Tip: The other building next to the main hotel is much quieter and has bigger rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear mbw009,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am glad that you decided to book us last minute and gave us the opportunity to “blow you away” with service. I appreciate your wonderful comments about the overall accommodations, amenities, food and most importantly about the excellent service you received. I have shared your comments with my team and made certain that Alessandro (the guy from CT) was recognized accordingly. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Avalon for an extended stay on business in LA. I was continually impressed and pleased by the high level of service from each and every member of the staff... from the valet parkers to the wonderful people behind the desk, to the cleaning staff and the waiters and waitresses at the restaurant. Professional, courteous, helpful and friendly.

The rooms were all well appointed and well-tended. The restaurant offered consistently top-notch fare, and the pool was a welcome respite.

I can't recommend the Avalon high enough.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Steve E,

Thank you for your review. We are very proud of our team and the service they provide to all of our guests. I am delighted that you will continue to be one of our loyal guests and that you will recommend us to your friends. On behalf of everyone at Avalon, we look forward to your return.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Great location, only surpassed by the knowledgable, kind and calm staff!!
We were on a time crunch for our daughter's college graduation. The entire staff at the Avalon made sure her send off was perfect.
Might add, the restaurant was wonderful.
Our stay was a breath of fresh air in Beverly Hills.

• Stayed June 2013
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Gmabitt9,

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that the service my team provided surpassed your expectations and that your daughter’s send off was flawless. On behalf of everyone at Avalon, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The Avalon is a nice, modern, retro hotel in a very safe area of LA, in the heart of Beverly Hills. The staff are very friendly; we got free wifi for the duration of our stay, as a gift. The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. The hotel gym is probably one of the nicest I've been to. You can watch Netflix movies while running on the treadmill. Valet parking is sharp at $31 per day, that's the only reason I wouldn't give a 5* rating.
There's a Brooklyn Water Bagel cafe 5 mins walk from the hotel and their bagels are amazing. Also, the Burger Lounge (also 5mins walk from the hotel) does excellent quality burgers.
The Avalon is a beautiful hotel, located in the perfect location to explore LA and Santa Monica.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear EKGK,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Avalon Beverly Hills. I appreciate your comments about the friendly staff, nicely decorated and spacious rooms, our well equipped fitness center and perfect location. On behalf of my team, we hope that the overnight parking fee, which is in line with all hotels in the area, does not deter you from visiting us again soon.

Avalon Beverly Hills

Been to Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!