“A home away from home.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
New York City, New York
“A home away from home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Avalon for an extended stay on business in LA. I was continually impressed and pleased by the high level of service from each and every member of the staff... from the valet parkers to the wonderful people behind the desk, to the cleaning staff and the waiters and waitresses at the restaurant. Professional, courteous, helpful and friendly.

The rooms were all well appointed and well-tended. The restaurant offered consistently top-notch fare, and the pool was a welcome respite.

I can't recommend the Avalon high enough.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Steve E,

Thank you for your review. We are very proud of our team and the service they provide to all of our guests. I am delighted that you will continue to be one of our loyal guests and that you will recommend us to your friends. On behalf of everyone at Avalon, we look forward to your return.

Diego Heredia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Great location, only surpassed by the knowledgable, kind and calm staff!!
We were on a time crunch for our daughter's college graduation. The entire staff at the Avalon made sure her send off was perfect.
Might add, the restaurant was wonderful.
Our stay was a breath of fresh air in Beverly Hills.

• Stayed June 2013
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Gmabitt9,

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that the service my team provided surpassed your expectations and that your daughter’s send off was flawless. On behalf of everyone at Avalon, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The Avalon is a nice, modern, retro hotel in a very safe area of LA, in the heart of Beverly Hills. The staff are very friendly; we got free wifi for the duration of our stay, as a gift. The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. The hotel gym is probably one of the nicest I've been to. You can watch Netflix movies while running on the treadmill. Valet parking is sharp at $31 per day, that's the only reason I wouldn't give a 5* rating.
There's a Brooklyn Water Bagel cafe 5 mins walk from the hotel and their bagels are amazing. Also, the Burger Lounge (also 5mins walk from the hotel) does excellent quality burgers.
The Avalon is a beautiful hotel, located in the perfect location to explore LA and Santa Monica.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear EKGK,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Avalon Beverly Hills. I appreciate your comments about the friendly staff, nicely decorated and spacious rooms, our well equipped fitness center and perfect location. On behalf of my team, we hope that the overnight parking fee, which is in line with all hotels in the area, does not deter you from visiting us again soon.

Avalon Beverly Hills
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

but to be honest was a little disappointed . I dont know how much we paid as it was part of a package so cant comment on value . The down sides for me were ,1) the room we had was probably half the size of any other room we had on our recent route 66 road trip across America 2) On 2 of our 3 nights there , there was a function in the evening by the pool which was really noisy,and as we were out sightseeing in the day and the pool was closed when we got back we never got chance to take advantage of it , although it did look nice 3) I would have thought a couple of touches in the room like free coffe/water woud have enhanced the experience as I guess the place doesnt come cheap .
On the postive side ,yes the place is beautifully decorated but I feel that maybe style has won out over comfort , or maybe I am the wrong demographic for this hotel .It is convenient for reasonably priced shops and restaurants , which suprised me .
The absolute positive for me was the staff , everyone was so pleasant from the maids to the valet parking staff and the people on reception , I cannot fault the staff at all

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Weloveed,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize that you were disappointed with the size of your guest room and the noise from the pool area. I appreciate your comments about the décor and most importantly about the service you received from all the staff. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your next visit. Please contact me directly and I will be happy to arrange your reservations and ensure that you have a larger room.

Warmest Regards,

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We've been going to the Avalon for years. We have always found the Avalon to be the best part of the trip to LA. The friendly, professional staff have always make us feel at home. It is a beautiful nicely decorated Mid-Century boutique hotel. The location is great and the ambiance is fantastic. Cocktails or dessert by the pool is NOT to be missed!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Babs D,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am thrilled to know that you have been a loyal guest for several years and that we continue to meet or exceed your expectations.

On behalf of my team, we look forward to your next visit.
Warmest Regards,

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

It isn't that this is a bad hotel because it was very clean and the staff was beyond nice and personal. It was just that it was so pricey for such an average room. Maybe it is because I live in Las Vegas and they don't charge for you to park your car here. But $31 a night to park our car in their garage when the rooms are already $200 a night is just insane. We were blessed to have someone help us with this room because we take monthly trips to Cedar-Sanai hospital in L.A. but we wouldn't ask to stay here again. However, staff (like I said) was fantastic, every single one of them. Also, the fitness room was nice, but the pool closes at 6 or 7 because it is in the middle of the restaurant. Also, they had nightly parties outside in the middle of the rooms and they got loud because they were in such inclosed spaces. It would be nice if they at least offered free coffee 24/7 for their guest.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Jenniferhlv H,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I truly appreciate your wonderful comments about the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. I apologize about the cost of valet parking but rest assured we are priced below other hotels in the area. Please also accept my apologies about the two events we had at the restaurant during your stay and for any inconvenience these may have caused you. On behalf of my team, we hope that the issues you encountered have not marred your overall impression of the Avalon and that you may allow us the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Rohnert Park, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My best friend and I just got back from a couple night stay at the Avalon and I can honestly say that I don't have a bad word to relay about this place. It is conveniently located within walking distance of some amazing shops, restaurants, and tourist spots. The valet was a bit pricey, but with the cost and hassle of parking everywhere you go, it was definitely the cheapest and easiest option in my opinion. The pool and lobby area look exactly like the pictures on the website. We had dinner at the Oliveria at one of the poolside cabanas and the steak nearly melted in my mouth! As guests of the Hotel, we received 20% off of our bill. Breakfast at the cabana was equally as fantastic as dinner. The service was fast and spot on. The pool was so warm that we couldn't resist a little after breakfast swim. The rooms were clean and well stocked. I can't even begin to rave about the pillows, bar none.
From the moment we arrived until check-out, the staff was attentive, friendly, and warm. They really go out of their way to make you feel taken care of. I'm not at all suprised that Amber is mentioned in so many of these reviews, she really went above and beyond.
I will only ever stay at the Avalon when traveling to Southern California. This place comes highly recommended from this satisfied customer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Kami R,

Thank you for your taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Avalon. Your review summarizes everything that we are about. We are very proud of our team and will be certain to share your wonderful comments with all of them, in particular with Amber. I am delighted to learn that Avalon will be the only place you stay at when traveling to Southern California. On behalf of everyone at Avalon, we look forward to your next trip.

Diego Heredia

Been to Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!