“Hate to let the secret out” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 14 hotels in Beverly Hills
San Diego, California
“Hate to let the secret out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We've been going to the Avalon for years. We have always found the Avalon to be the best part of the trip to LA. The friendly, professional staff have always make us feel at home. It is a beautiful nicely decorated Mid-Century boutique hotel. The location is great and the ambiance is fantastic. Cocktails or dessert by the pool is NOT to be missed!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Babs D,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am thrilled to know that you have been a loyal guest for several years and that we continue to meet or exceed your expectations.

On behalf of my team, we look forward to your next visit.
Warmest Regards,

Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills

449 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

It isn't that this is a bad hotel because it was very clean and the staff was beyond nice and personal. It was just that it was so pricey for such an average room. Maybe it is because I live in Las Vegas and they don't charge for you to park your car here. But $31 a night to park our car in their garage when the rooms are already $200 a night is just insane. We were blessed to have someone help us with this room because we take monthly trips to Cedar-Sanai hospital in L.A. but we wouldn't ask to stay here again. However, staff (like I said) was fantastic, every single one of them. Also, the fitness room was nice, but the pool closes at 6 or 7 because it is in the middle of the restaurant. Also, they had nightly parties outside in the middle of the rooms and they got loud because they were in such inclosed spaces. It would be nice if they at least offered free coffee 24/7 for their guest.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Jenniferhlv H,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I truly appreciate your wonderful comments about the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. I apologize about the cost of valet parking but rest assured we are priced below other hotels in the area. Please also accept my apologies about the two events we had at the restaurant during your stay and for any inconvenience these may have caused you. On behalf of my team, we hope that the issues you encountered have not marred your overall impression of the Avalon and that you may allow us the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Rohnert Park, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My best friend and I just got back from a couple night stay at the Avalon and I can honestly say that I don't have a bad word to relay about this place. It is conveniently located within walking distance of some amazing shops, restaurants, and tourist spots. The valet was a bit pricey, but with the cost and hassle of parking everywhere you go, it was definitely the cheapest and easiest option in my opinion. The pool and lobby area look exactly like the pictures on the website. We had dinner at the Oliveria at one of the poolside cabanas and the steak nearly melted in my mouth! As guests of the Hotel, we received 20% off of our bill. Breakfast at the cabana was equally as fantastic as dinner. The service was fast and spot on. The pool was so warm that we couldn't resist a little after breakfast swim. The rooms were clean and well stocked. I can't even begin to rave about the pillows, bar none.
From the moment we arrived until check-out, the staff was attentive, friendly, and warm. They really go out of their way to make you feel taken care of. I'm not at all suprised that Amber is mentioned in so many of these reviews, she really went above and beyond.
I will only ever stay at the Avalon when traveling to Southern California. This place comes highly recommended from this satisfied customer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Kami R,

Thank you for your taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Avalon. Your review summarizes everything that we are about. We are very proud of our team and will be certain to share your wonderful comments with all of them, in particular with Amber. I am delighted to learn that Avalon will be the only place you stay at when traveling to Southern California. On behalf of everyone at Avalon, we look forward to your next trip.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Amazing - the place is beautiful, achingly lovely.
The pool and surrounds are lush and the rooms are perfect.
BUT...the thing that won my heart over all of that beauty were the staff. A HUGE thank you and much love, especially to Amber, but also to Maria & Alessandro who just treated us so well - guys we cannot thank you enough for your kindness and attentive service.
Hope to see you again soon!
Nic

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Nic S,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We are very proud of our team and of the service they provide to all of our guests. I will make certain that Amber, Mariya and Alessandro are recognized accordingly and will share your comments with the rest of the team. On behalf of everyone at Avalon, we look forward to your next visit.

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed here 3 different times within a couple of weeks. This is an updated building, in what probably used to be a motel. The designers took advantage of the architectural vibe and there is a really fun modern twist on the mid-century mod look that is so popular right now. I ate breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel restaurant and everything I ordered was great. Location is nice...at the edge of a residential area, so off the beaten path a bit. Each time I stayed, I encountered a little but of noise, either from hotel entertainment (great live guitar music) going on in the central pool/courtyard or in parking lot next door, but there was never any trouble falling to sleep. Staff goes above and beyond. Cannot say enough about how great they were to deal with. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for something fun and different and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Be sure to request room in main building.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Lisa P,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review regarding your various recent stays at the Avalon. We appreciate your kind comments about the design, restaurant, location, and most importantly about the service you received from my team. On behalf of everyone at Avalon, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Did my business trip recently,my counterparts in LA booked this hotel for me. stayed 11 nights i could say one of the best hotel i have stayed in states. we normally stay in intercontinental or hyatt. this time decided to try avalon, there staff is very friendly and courteous. Especially Amber she is great receptionist. very close to rodeo drive, beverly drive and all the food places. rooms are great i stayed in the main building and would recommend everyone to stay there. It's a boutique style hotel very retro and especially the pool area. very relaxing place at the end of day having few canapes and drink. would rate this hotel 4 star.

Room Tip: Room with pool view are the best
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Tygr22,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review after your 11 night stay at the Avalon. I am thrilled to learn that you consider us one of the best hotels you have stayed in the states. I really appreciate your comments about the service and in particular about Amber. I have shared your comments with the rest of the team. On behalf of everyone at Avalon, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warmest regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

My fiancée and I stayed six nights at The Avalon. The staff is truly wonderful, awesome service all around - I'd especially like to thank the valet team and Amber at the front desk. She was so helpful, informative, and made our stay more enjoyable. I was blown away by the revamped hotel interior. Kelly Wearstler is a personal favorite and she did a great job turning this basic building into a retro-chic destination. Our room was comfortable and spacious. Great bed and lounge furniture, cool art, and beautiful marble in what became my dream bathroom! Small gym was perfect and has everything you need. We loved spending the week here and will be definitely be back again.

• Stayed July 2012
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear KSnVC,

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that you and your fiancée had an enjoyable and memorable experience. I will be sharing your comments with my team and will recognize Amber for being helpful and making your stay special. On behalf of everyone at Avalon, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Avalon hotel Beverly Hills

Been to Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!